Fire Emblem 6: Anniversary

Chocolate Kitty

77 members have voted

1. 1. Read the post on the last page, what's your opinion?

• I LOVE IT!!!!! :D
    • It sounds interesting enough, why not.
    • Meh, idk, no opinion at this point.
    • I'm not really a fan, but I'll see where it goes I guess.
    • I HATE IT!!!!! D:<

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nor Immortal Sword canon

Siiince the characters are nothing like themselves in the later game, I'd never personally call it canon anyway. The OC's are fine, but Wallace with hair? Uther as a cursing loudmouth? I just don't see it. EN stays way closer to the roots, it's something I could easily respect as canon.

Edit: Oops fighting words lul.

Edited by Phoenix Saga

I think you should change Igrene to Wanda anyways for kicks :B

Also, these battle palettes. Why so good?

I might if I keep getting all of these complaints :D

Idk i mess with them a lot, that could be why

Indeed. Example: the actor Rutger Hauer

Louie. . . I guess that means Hugh is now Huey, and ray is now Dewey.

Uh

no.

Siiince the characters are nothing like themselves in the later game, I'd never personally call it canon anyway. The OC's are fine, but Wallace with hair? Uther as a cursing loudmouth? I just don't see it. EN stays way closer to the roots, it's something I could easily respect as canon.

Edit: Oops fighting words lul.

You take that back, wallace with hair is the best thing since canned peaches

I'm not staying 100% true to either EN nor Immortal Sword canon(I don't even know that much about it because yeto is a ghost), but for the most part things should make sense with both of them.

Got me hyped man, got me hyped.

She is more or less cannon...

Though Lyn/Hector is as cannon as Ninian/Eliwood, and it's far less accepted... I will guess Fiorina, but will still hope for Farina...

I for one actually support Eliwood/Ninian, however to make something canon, there needs to be definitive proof. Implications or even highly implicated doesn't mean something can be labelled as canon. You could say however that Ninian/Eliwood can be seen as the most popular pairing.

EN stays way closer to the roots, it's something I could easily respect as canon.

Honestly, I... kind of disagree. I LOVE Elibian Knights, however often or not got the feeling of a fanfic at times over a canon continuity of the story. I think I'm going to get a bit of negativity for this, but that's just my honest opinion. I always irked a bit when Eliwood went into depression for days on end after his mother's death, despite having to rule his country and Lyn pushed into a damsel in distress, Canas not in Ilia(?), etc.

In terms of pairings, since this is what's been mentioned in the thread. I also think the pairings were chosen for convenience over how well they work with the plot. For example, Isadora x Harken was an odd choice. Nintendo evidently left this couple in the air a lot as Isadora has no child in FE6. This is interesting to mention because if you pair her up with Legault or Renault she calls off the wedding with Harken, likewise him if you choose Vaida. In both cases with Renault's case, Isadora becomes a clergy to look for him (I think this is iffy), however with Legault, she remains her position as a knight and later fights Legault in the FE6 universe whilst still in love with him. As he to her. This would explain why Isadora has no children, but it's all opinion. Likewise, Lowen and Rebecca, well... Maybe if you like pairings that hold delusion such as Malliesia x Marth, but this was an awful pairing! Probably because it puts Rebecca in a fan girl, housewife role and well Lowen... he's always been a annoying, gag character. I mean, he runs to Rebecca over a premonition that was just him being hungry and wanting Rebecca's food? Elibian Knights in the end does tackle the Rebecca/Wil/Dan relationship, so that made me happy, since it was the basis of her story and having supported with them just seems for more likely. To each their own, though it should be mentioned if you combine Rebecca's hair colour with her 3 spouse options, both Sain and Wil have a hairstyle that somewhat resembles Wolt's whilst Lowen's creates a sort of aqua.

You take that back, wallace with hair is the best thing since canned peaches

I'm not saying his sprite isn't the most well made of the FE7x sprites or that he doesn't look good. Just that it doesn't feel right. Also, he talks like a high noble using subtle puns, while in FE7 Wallace was a loudmouthed man who screamed GWAHAHA a lot.

To each their own, though it should be mentioned if you combine Rebecca's hair colour with her 3 spouse options, both Sain and Wil have a hairstyle that somewhat resembles Wolt's whilst Lowen's creates a sort of aqua.

That's really not how genetics work. At all.

Honestly, I... kind of disagree. I LOVE Elibian Knights, however often or not got the feeling of a fanfic at times over a canon continuity of the story. I think I'm going to get a bit of negativity for this, but that's just my honest opinion. I always irked a bit when Eliwood went into depression for days on end after his mother's death, despite having to rule his country and Lyn pushed into a damsel in distress, Canas not in Ilia(?), etc.

I'm just gonna say my peace. Eliwood's depression has roots in his reaction to Elbert's death; he was depressed the entire voyage back from the Dread Isle, but snapped out of the depression in order to defend Ninian. Similarly, he enters a depression after Eleanora's death (he doesn't take death well, it's a plausible character trait), and snaps out of it to protect Pherae from its assailants. With Canas not being in Ilia, it's okay for him to go out on scholarly expeditions (as he does with Pent). At the end of Pent's gaiden, his return to Ilia is explicitly mentioned and his impending death strongly alluded to. I don't think that's a valid critique. With Lyn, you're right, and I'm working on fixing it, because I botched that shit real bad. Thanks for your two-cents, though, I actually appreciate it when people challenge my work, even if this ain't the appropriate place to be doing so. Swing by my topic sometime.

Also why the fuck do people call it "Elibian Knights"? "Nights" and "knights" are two different words with two different meanings. "Knights" destroys the literary reference that the entire project is based on (and the reference is itself quite famous, Arabian Nights -> Elibian Nights). I don't get how people can fuck this up as often as they do. sdfkjasdlfkjas;ldfdsf

Guys stahp.

Go discuss Immortal Sword and Elibian Nights in their respective places, but not here.

I mean it! Further discussion of them will result in warnings (which means if you want to respond to Arch then PM him).

I mean it! Further discussion of them will result in warnings (which means if you want to respond to Arch then PM him).

I listened to your first warning, haha. Duly noted and shall message him. ;)

Though in regards to pairings, the pairings in Elibian Knights are going to be the pairings here, right (at least I think!)? So shouldn't we allowed to be able to talk about them?

Oh God, please do this, purely for lol

I...

I can't D:

I listened to your first warning, haha. Duly noted and shall message him. ;)

Though in regards to pairings, the pairings in Elibian Nights are going to be the pairings here, right (at least I think!)? So shouldn't we allowed to be able to talk about them?

Actually not entirely, but she was talking about the critiquing shenanigans not really the pairings.

I really should look around more. A remade Fire Emblem Sword of Seals, awesome!

When you mean a 'harder' hard mode more than just the stats. What new tactics for the computer AI will have?

Oh, and will Al be consider a Lord? Or Guinevere will she be playable and maybe be a lord too?

What about the mercenary that was the friend of lance?

Oh and do we get to fight one hit zapprr, and recruit bartre with echidna?

you will have to find out o 3o

So will Gaelle be playable, or do I still get to kill him~?

who is this "Gaelle" you speak of

tbh idk, maybe maybe not, you decide if you want him or not

I really should look around more. A remade Fire Emblem Sword of Seals, awesome!

When you mean a 'harder' hard mode more than just the stats. What new tactics for the computer AI will have?

Oh, and will Al be consider a Lord? Or Guinevere will she be playable and maybe be a lord too?

Different AIs, different events, different inventories, etc

Well, Sorry there. I shouldn't ask for any story details, I can see when I can play it.

Well, aren't all those names still okay, I mean being NoA's name and being good (especially Rutoga) romaji of the original names? I don't have a problem with them nor the classes.

Unsure of what you mean by changing the original classes and making colors duller

In the other hack, the creator changed a few classes around to fit his personal tastes (Wendy was made a cavalier, for example. like the game needs more of those). Also, he made a lot of the colors on the mug sprites duller, though I wasn't really asking if you were doing that, since you didn't seem to be.

Oh, that.

No, in fact I'm doing the opposite in terms of cavalier/paladins(yet somehow I managed to end up with more horse units >_>)

the only really massive change is to Percival, who will become a Halberdier more than likely.

The mugs I'm sort of just going to be trying to get brand new or edited mugs for, not exactly just recoloring them.

Also first post will be updated at some point