Does anybody else think..?

Fleurette

78 members have voted

1. 1. 1st or 2nd Generation?

• 1st generation!
    • 2nd generation!
    • I like them both!

Does anybody else think that the child characters are far more interesting than the 1st gen characters?

Perhaps it's the whole "surviving in a post apocalyptic world" thing, but I find the children to be sooo much more interesting and fun to use / pair up.

I'm consdering only using Chrom, My Avatar, and the kids. o__o;

What do you guys think?

Agree?

Disagree?

I'd go for a mix if I had the time to train them all. So far, though, I've got Laurent, Inigo, sometimes Yarne, Morgan, and Gerome for part of the Main Team. The first two are there for Bullion (S)-collecting, though. Yay, Barbarian reclass!

That being said, they all have their little quirks and stuff that intrigue me. Like Gerome's cool armor and Minervykins, Inigo's desire to dance, Laurent's "Excelsior!"...

So, both generations for me.

Personally, I hate Laurent even more than I hated his mother... Extremely overdone one-note characters who only have a very few decent supports. Severa is the only character I dislike more. Good grief, she's annoying.

Generally prefer the first-gen, though I like both.

Edited by CinderSkye

I like both generations...although, I might admit to potentially liking the second generation more. Speaking of, I'm starting to wonder if

they were forced to remain in the past. It certainly doesn't seem like they returned to the future, and, if so...how does that affect their selves in the time they traveled back to? I mean, shit, Avatar's memories got wiped because Grima returned to the past in Avatar's body...maybe that's the difference that spares their younger selves' memories?

Personally, I hate Laurent even more than I hated his mother... Extremely overdone one-note characters who only have a very few decent supports. Severa is the only character I dislike more. Good grief, she's annoying.

Fuuuuuu Severa... D:< D:< She is the most irritating video game character that ive encountered in a very long time. I cant STAND her.

Anyway, i like both (when they arent named Severa) so yeah. Owain is awesome, but so is Henry so yeah.

I like both generations...although, I might admit to potentially liking the second generation more. Speaking of, I'm starting to wonder if

they were forced to remain in the past. It certainly doesn't seem like they returned to the future, and, if so...how does that affect their selves in the time they traveled back to? I mean, shit, Avatar's memories got wiped because Grima returned to the past in Avatar's body...maybe that's the difference that spares their younger selves' memories?

uh

isn't it in their endings that they pretty explicitly remain in the timeline?

uh

Like Noire for example. She tries to prevent her infant self from being...well, the Noire now.

Though it'll be hilarious in Lucina's case, I'd love to see the confusion when baby Lucina gets older.

My guess is they aren't familiar with the tsundere archetype.

or they're perfectly acquainted with and annoyed by it

I felt about Severa exactly how I thought I would: she's modestly hot, she's mostly annoying, and her A supports are generally good stuff.

uh

I guess I just didn't read them that clearly. Although...that's kind of depressing when you think about it, but, given the alternative...

I guess I just didn't read them that clearly. Although...that's kind of depressing when you think about it, but, given the alternative...

I thought it was a pretty much optimal ending, nothing depressing at all.

EDIT: I mean, shit,

they escaped a world that sucked and then went and made a world that didn't

Edited by Integrity

Well...yeah, I guess it isn't entirely THAT depressing...but, well...do they even get to meet with the friends they made? Like...do they get to even meet with their parents anymore? I'm not so sure. That's KIND of depressing...not to mention some other stuff, but time travel in games(Especially Nintendo, I find) is always freaking weird.

I like the first generation more. Nothing against the second, but due to the nature of their recruitment they (save Lucina of course) often have even less involvement in the main story than the various random first generation characters, because their sidequests are all off to the side. The second generation really feels like add-ons, to me. Like... Beyond Lucina, they're just kind of there to be there; to show that Chrom and his sweetheart weren't the only couple to make babies who came from the future to save people, and of course to benefit players who use the Romance system.

After seeing her in some actual story, I do like Kjelle a lot, though.

So, I guess my issue is not as much with the children themselves as it is with how they were integrated. I really would've gone more FE4 with it (children recruited in the main story, unless the mother is unpaired, then a replacement is recruited instead) for many of the children, although not, for example, Avatar's child, since that would render certain romance options non-viable. Yes, this would render many child characters potentially lost forever, but recruiting those children would render their equally-developed replacements lost forever as well, so I think it'd work fine.

Edited by Starlight36

I personally loved Severa~ I'm glad she was my daughter, Laurent was okay, Lucina is still the best.