Few questions

Chiki

I just got this game and am wondering about a few things:

1. Does it matter who I train? Can I train in the world map to bring my units up to par if I feel like I want to use someone else?

2. How do I build support?

3. What are the best pairings?

4. Can I use SpotPass/DLC characters in the middle of the game to cut turns or something?

Thanks.

Edited by Olwen

1. Yes it does, but you have a lot of leeway, so you should do fine with whatever teams you come up with, especially on the lower difficulty levels. And yeah, you can grind, but it gets progressively limited on the higher difficulty levels.

2. Main way is to have the two units adjacent or paired up in battle; you'll know it from seeing hearts appear over them after battle. Having one dance for or heal the other also works.

3. Don't worry about them. Just try whatever you feel like.

4. Yes, you can use them. Depending on situations, they may or may not be more effective at various tasks than your other units.

Edited by Othin

All of them.

Master Seals are available in shops after Ch12; Second Seals are available after Ch16, or earlier depending on sidequests. Both are sold rather cheap for 2500 gold, and can randomly show up even earlier in the hands of merchants.

I lied, one more question: is there a deadline for pairings? I'm pretty sure you can't undo a pairing, but does it become futile to pair people after a point?

Chrom is forced to marry after Chapter 11 for story-related purposes, so whoever has the highest support with him then will automatically marry; make sure you plan accordingly. Other than that, anybody can marry at any time, so there's no rush.

Waiting too long can make it particularly difficult to put the kids to practical use without grinding, but that's all.

Also, there's Sumia, who can only be paired with Chrom, Avatar, Frederick, Gaius, or Henry. If you pair all five up with other characters, you're not getting Cynthia. She's the only one with that kind of restriction, though.

Edited by Othin