Hard mode

Melonhead

My question is how "hard" this gets. I'm kind of bad when it comes to FE games, but I always do a harder playthrough just for fun I guess. I'm at chapter 5 and I haven't found anything really hard about the game yet, but challenging enough that it's still fun. I've heard by midgame the game gets very hard, tell me if this is true and maybe tips for later on? I plan on making my Avatar a bow knight/hero.

It depends. If you do a lot of side stuff, or you use excessive Nosferatu, or you focus your Exp on a few units, it'll end up getting really easy. If not, it'll get quite a bit more difficult as you progress, especially as promoted enemies start showing up everywhere and eventually take over the entire enemy lineup.

Think normal mode Radiant Dawn with no battle saves if on classic. The abundant rescue staves are REALLY helpful, at least for me. AND THEY'RE E RANK O_O

And it gets harder on midgame but most of resets were with olivia dying from pegusas or wyvern knight reinforcements which i have noticed are very common and have decent stats that will one hit KO her so I never bring her to anything except dlc maps to grind my other units for skills which I only do post - game. SO KEEP HER SAFE.

Enemy reinforcements can move and attack the moment they appear.

Also, you can't turtle around the map as after some time the entire enemy army is gonna charge at you in most maps and that may include reinforcements.

If you grind skirmishes, DLC and etc, yea, it will become somewhat easy.