Walhart Conquers Lunatic+ (The Original Lunatic+ Playlog/Walkthrough)

darkkfan

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should I outlaw characters from children and spotpass paralogues?

• No, don't outlaw any of these characters
    • Outlaw all spotpass paralogues
    • Allow Lucina, outlaw other children
    • Outlaw all children
    • Allow Lucina, outlaw other children and spotpass paralogues
    • Outlaw all of these characters.
    • Allow only Lucina, Walhart, and Walhart!Morgan.
  2. 2. Should I change the style to include less enemy detail for brevity?

• Yes, focus more on strategy than enemy specifics
    • Something in between (post recommendations below)
    • No, keep it the same as it has been even with increasing enemy density
  3. 3. What should I reclass Syrena to?

• Dark Flier
    • Hero
    • Falcon Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Assassin
    • Swordmaster
    • Sage
    • Bow Knight
    • Something else (post below)

No, but I was still asking if you were getting the speedwing reinforcement xD. But that's insane 33 SPD General Fred. On ch.11. Btw, Gangrel has 29 SPD and more RES than DEF.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I was still asking if you were getting the speedwing reinforcement xD.

Haha yeah I'm still gonna try for it XD. I'll probably give it to someone like Chrom, Gregor, or Miriel instead of Fred but, yeah, I will definitely get it.

But that's insane 33 SPD General Fred. On ch.11. Btw, Gangrel has 29 SPD and more RES than DEF.

Thanks. Fred certainly got lucky on a lot of his levels (or maybe his growths are just that good IDK), but I don't see him being surpassed for a while, especially if I don't go for the children. General Fred and Swordmaster Lon'Qu seem to be made for each other, as far as pair ups are concerned. Interesting though, I still think Lissa has the most HP IIRC.

With 23 speed, Swordmaster Lon'qu will gives +7 to someone he doesn't have a support level with. If the Hero does have 25 (I honestly can't remember), he'll barely be doubled.

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I will have to go for the speed tonic anyway then.

I think Fred might have some trouble staying ahead of the curve later on, but since he's seen so much combat, he should still be usable.

I agree that the others will probably catch up to him in the near-enough future, but after a certain point I don't think that Fred is going to grow much more slowly than the others (his growths are pretty good especially as a general). I'm not sure how internal leveling works for prepromotes, but he doesn't seem to be gaining exp much more slowly than my other units. I mean, if my understanding is correct (probably not), Fred's internal level is around 25-30 now and my other people are around 15-20. Tack 10 levels onto my other units and even then I don't think Fred is too far behind. Plus he still has the advantage of 2 A ranks in weapon types that have little competition on my team in addition to having already picked up a lvl 15 promoted class "mastery skill", which others won't get for a while.

Edited by Walhart

• 2 weeks later...

After not having touched the game for at least a week, I gave chapter 11 another shot today and beat it fairly easily and reliably after only a few tries. It makes me wonder why I had so much trouble with it earlier. It was mostly just because I had no clue when and where the reinforcements showed up, but I paid careful attention to positioning near reinforcements. This site shows the reinforcements and where they appear in a fairly straightforward manner that I haven't seen anywhere else: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2F123hrs.web.fc2.com%2Ffe3ds1%2Flunatic.html

Anyway, I will update with my Chapter 11 data either tomorrow or Monday. Right now, having just finished the chapter, I really don't feel like typing it up from my notes. Instead, since I am now at the end of the first arc, I am going to put all of my thoughts so far on the units I have used in my second post.

Added a poll on what to reclass Syrena to. And the poll doesn't seem to be broken this time, Yay!

Also, the Chapter 11 section of the playlog/walkthrough will be the last one that will be written in the exact style that I have employed thus far. In the future, I will try to retain the same characteristic detail unique to my experiences while cutting down on enemy-specific detail in favor of general strategy and brevity (gotta stay ahead of all the new competition that has been popping up lately).

As always, I welcome your comments on the style change (once I finish and upload chapter 12 of course) and on the playlog in general. Seriously, comment on anything, I appreciate it.

Edited by Walhart

Updated with Chapter 11.

Chapter 12 doesn't look as bad as I thought but it still doesn't look fun and it will likely be a Fred tank solo kind of thing. Luckily, as a General with armorslayer Lon'Qu as a pair up partner, he should be in good shape considering he won't be weak to beast killers plus he will be able to double everything including Paladins, the Bow Knight, and the boss even without tonics. In theory, Armorslayer and Killing Edge should allow Lon'Qu to help out with dual attacks. Plus, having axes should come in handy since this chapter is lance heavy.

I should be able to give chapter 12 a shot sometime this week but no guarantees since I am really busy later in the week and through the weekend, not to mention that it'll take me quite a while if this chapter really is as hard as I've heard.

Also, just gonna mention again that I added a new poll on what to reclass Syrena to and I added a section on my thoughts on the characters after the first arc of the story.

Enjoy!

Edited by Walhart

I think you should hold off on reclassing Syrena; Rally Spectrum is really good. Additionally, reclassing promoted units comes with a huge tax on the internal level that will slow down EXP growth dramatically, even with Veteran.

I think you should hold off on reclassing Syrena; Rally Spectrum is really good.

I should have been more clear. Of course I am going to get Rally Spectrum first, the poll was for once she hits level 15.

Additionally, reclassing promoted units comes with a huge tax on the internal level that will slow down EXP growth dramatically, even with Veteran.

How exactly does that work? How many internal levels would that add? Is there an easy way for me to calculate the internal level of each of my characters?

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/calculation.html

This link explains it better than I can.

I would lean towards either Hero (for Sol) or Dark Knight (pretty well-rounded stats, and Slow Burn might actually be useful since Lunatic+ is somewhat slow-paced). I don't think your Avatar has enough durability for face-tanking with a Bow Knight. Getting Galeforce takes a while; I can't see you getting it until after Chapter 20, which is a level filled with bows and wind magic. Also, your poll is broken.

Edited by Redwall

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/calculation.html

This link explains it better than I can.

I had a feeling you would link to this, I was just too lazy to go find it. Sorry for making you paste it here.

Ahh.. this does clear things up anyway... according to this Fred's Internal level would be around 40 and everyone else who promoted around 10 would be at 20+displayed level. I knew that waiting until 20 to promote gives you more levels for less exp, but if I had known that the levels 10-20 before promoting were mathematically "free", I would have held off longer to promote rather than promoting everyone at level 10.

I would lean towards either Hero (for Sol) or Dark Knight (pretty well-rounded stats, and Slow Burn might actually be useful since Lunatic+ is somewhat slow-paced). I don't think your Avatar has enough durability for face-tanking with a Bow Knight. Getting Galeforce takes a while; I can't see you getting it until after Chapter 20

Hmm... in light of that, Hero does look like a decent option although Dark Knight lets her retain both the sword rank and the tome rank. I can see why the ~25 levels required to gain a skill like galeforce would effectively make that a non factor. The only problem with Hero is that I lose another ranged attacker, since I won't be getting hand axes any time soon. What I really need is a ready-made promoted archer or sage/sorceror. Maybe I will consider making Lissa a Sage instead of a Falcoknight if I decide to make Syrena a Hero.

Reclassing to merc and then promoting to hero might actually be an option. I mean, that would again require 25 levels to get sol, but at least 10 of those would be in an unpromoted class.

Also, your poll is broken.

Awww.. really? That makes me disappointed... I was sure it would work this time. I'll try to fix it although I don't know how to. Keep me posted on whether or not it is fixed.

Don't do that Walhart. Don't change back to an unpromoted class. Your internal level will still be so high that you won't be gaining that much experience. I remember I had a Knight->GreatKnight->Merc Kjelle, and she was gaining 8EXP against promoted units. If you do reclass, remember that it will be at your own risk.

Don't do that Walhart. Don't change back to an unpromoted class. Your internal level will still be so high that you won't be gaining that much experience. I remember I had a Knight->GreatKnight->Merc Kjelle, and she was gaining 8EXP against promoted units. If you do reclass, remember that it will be at your own risk.

Haha It was just a thought anyway... and not a well thought out one either apparently. I guess I am just gonna have to forget about Armsthrift and choose a promoted class.

I second not unpromoting. I tried that with Merc for Avatar as well in my grinding run and it was awful. Thankfully, DLC let me fix that mistake rather easily.

For Hero!Avatar, I usually grab the Arms Scroll in chapter 15 and give it to her, although you're a bit off from that. With Syrena's Mag at only 12, I don't think Dark Flier would be a very good idea. You need to really be able to power level and feed her kills to push Galeforce, especially if you're starting it this late in the game. Avoid tanking is still viable at this point in the game, so Assassin might be something to think about. Then again, since your other units seem to be able to carry the team just fine, you might be able to get away with Hero!Syrena running around with a Bronze Axe and using Gangrel's Levin Sword in emergencies.

Alternately, you could Rally bot her, swapping over to Falcon Knight for +8 Spd goodness.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

I second not unpromoting. I tried that with Merc for Avatar as well in my grinding run and it was awful. Thankfully, DLC let me fix that mistake rather easily.

For Hero!Avatar, I usually grab the Arms Scroll in chapter 15 and give it to her, although you're a bit off from that. With Syrena's Mag at only 12, I don't think Dark Flier would be a very good idea. You need to really be able to power level and feed her kills to push Galeforce, especially if you're starting it this late in the game. Avoid tanking is still viable at this point in the game, so Assassin might be something to think about. Then again, since your other units seem to be able to carry the team just fine, you might be able to get away with Hero!Syrena running around with a Bronze Axe and using Gangrel's Levin Sword in emergencies.

Alternately, you could Rally bot her, swapping over to Falcon Knight for +8 Spd goodness.

Ok, I definitely won't be going to merc then and you are right that I doubt 12 MAG would make a very good Dark Flier (pretty sure even Sumia's MAG was higher when I had to decide what to make her). If I decide to go Hero or Assassin, Syrena will definitely get the arms scroll. Even without it, she still has D rank swords so Roy's Blade and Iron Sword. I know that is pretty meh but it is better than Bronze Axes.

I do like the idea of Falcon Knight +8 SPD rallybot though, especially if I decide to make Lissa a Sage. The only thing is that with E Lances and E Staves I will essentially be giving up on ever making Syrena into a combat unit... and she seems to have caught up a little bit anyway... but I haven't decided yet either way.