Have you actually tried using Fiona?

Florete

Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried?

• Yes
    • No

Simple as that. If yes, how did she turn out? I realize it's a pain to raise her, and you basically have to forge her a weapon so she won't be killed, but I think she is worth it, like Nino. Nino was good for everyone who used her.

And in certain cases, personal experience DOES mean something.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you misunderstood me redfoxoffire I didn't mean that Fiona was the worst character in the entire game I just ment in part 1. Also, I only ment how the characters faired in Part I not for the rest of the game. I just figured I would tell you since you seem to be a Fiona fan and a lil upset about this.

I think you misunderstood me redfoxoffire I didn't mean that Fiona was the worst character in the entire game I just ment in part 1. Also, I only ment how the characters faired in Part I not for the rest of the game. I just figured I would tell you since you seem to be a Fiona fan and a lil upset about this.

That's mainly true and all, but I don't think you are the one I'm a little upset at, it's anyone who hasn't tried using her but says she sucks, which I believe most people who say that are.

You have a point with her starting level, and you can't even use her in the swamp level. But I agree that *almost* any character can turn out good if you're willing to give them a chance. Fiona is one of them.

I did, and it was nearly impossible to injure enemies and it was on EASY mode when I used her. The only 2 reasons that she's good is due to her healing skill and Earth affinity, while Oscar has an Earth affinity and on average turns out better than Fiona. Personal Experience does matter in game, but using Personal Experience in debates is just plain dumb. Fiona is not the worst paladin though, the worst is easily Renning. She isn't the worst character in the game either, as multiple laguz are below her due to being extremely powered down in this game. She has extremely low play time though. (2 chapters in part 1, 3 chapters in part 3, 7 chapters in part 4) And even with that extremely low play time she comes under-leveled making it nearly impossible to get her up without Bonus Experience, which if you just use Bonus Experience at first she ends up even worse. She's easily bottom tier, but she is not the worst unit in the game.

I did, and it was nearly impossible to injure enemies and it was on EASY mode when I used her. The only 2 reasons that she's good is due to her healing skill and Earth affinity, while Oscar has an Earth affinity and on average turns out better than Fiona. Personal Experience does matter in game, but using Personal Experience in debates is just plain dumb. Fiona is not the worst paladin though, the worst is easily Renning. She isn't the worst character in the game either, as multiple laguz are below her due to being extremely powered down in this game. She has extremely low play time though. (2 chapters in part 1, 3 chapters in part 3, 7 chapters in part 4) And even with that extremely low play time she comes under-leveled making it nearly impossible to get her up without Bonus Experience, which if you just use Bonus Experience at first she ends up even worse. She's easily bottom tier, but she is not the worst unit in the game.

You make some good points there, I agree.

I mentioned you NEED to forge her a weapon, right?

Off topic, Renning ain't a paladin, he's a gold knight.

I use BEXP on everyone when they are high enough, not to "get them up."

Her low play time is seriously annoying, and I wish you had her at least for the swamp level, but there is no doubt she can turn out just as good as any other paladin/silver knight/gold knight.

That's just it. There are alternatives.

LOTS of alternatives. I think I shat myself when I saw all the Paladins in Geoffrey's Charge. So many, there is...

-Fiona

-Geoffrey

-Kieran

-Makalov

-Astrid

-Titiana

-Oscar

That's seven, Eight if you inlcude promoted Mist (I don't know why you would, just saying.). So, assuming you don't use chars because you like them (Which I do, which is why I Danved. He fights like ten men.), it would be logical to choose Oscar or Titiana as your main Pally, considering you have them for what seems like the longest time.

But hey, to each his own. I'm sure Fiona isn't actually a terrible unit, It's impossible to be terrible if you have an earth affinity.

I go with whoever I get good levels on for the first 5-7 levels. I do put enough effort into them to see how they are fairing. Both of my passes now, she's only gotten 1-2 stat points / level by the time I've leveled her 6 times. So she went on the shelf. I'm going through on the unlocked difficulty level this time, and given my past experience with her she just annoys me, so I won't be doing that again.

I'm currently on my second playthrough and I decided to use Fiona. I forged her a lance and she did alright in part 1. However, she starts to get even more underleveled in part 3 and I just have to throw her (lv 12 Paladin) away in Part 4 because the enemies are just much stronger from here. It's sad because I don't really dislike her. May be I'll give her another chance if I play normal mode again.

I started using her and now she's at Lv. 20/1 (I'm in Part 2 right now). I lucked out and got this super strength booster when I was forging an Iron Lance with it. She was a lot faster than Aran so I decided against giving it to him.

Looking at everyone's stats in the long run, Fiona actually ends up beating Oscar at everything except for HP and Skill.

My roomie brought her into the final chapter in his last run-through. He has a thing for using difficult-to-use characters, though. As for myself, I quit using her after one chapter in my first run-through; it was the first one for which she was available, and I couldn't get over how weak and unable to hit anyone she was. After that, I dropped her. I'd kind of like to use her in my next run-through, but my next one is going to be in Normal mode, so I'm not sure how feasible that is.

I used her on an easy mode playthrough, and I babied the hell out of her through all of 1-7 and had her promoted by the end, and babied her a lot in 3-6, and then by 3-7 she started to be really good. She ended up maxing every stat as a Lance Paladin though, and everything but skill as a Silver Knight. I also had her kill Ike. :)

She's insanely durable (earth affinity, amazing defensive parametres, imbue, h4x magic...), but her offense can be a bit lacklustre due to lowish strength and poorish skill.

i tried fiona on my 2nd playthrough, i saved a lot of BEXP to see what kind of growths she'd get, she was only gaining defense and luck so i reset and tried again, same thing so i reset and benched her... maybe i should try forging a lance like u guys said and actually battle with her =p

i just beat part 1 endgame and wow is she a pain in the ass to raise. I know she turns out better later, but yikes does she need a lot of babysitting