Regarding Lucina's Mask

Crixler

There's a lot about Lucina's mask that doesn't make sense to me.

First and foremost, it's got 6 eyes. Which is associated with Grima and the Grimleal. Why would she wear a 6-eyed mask?

And she borrowed it from Gerome. Why did Gerome have it in the first place? Does he have a whole mask collection? I can't see him wearing that one, really. Doesn't seem like his style.

Thoughts?

I would think that she just didn't care what the mask looked like as long as it could hide her mark of Naga and that it didn't look too ridiculous. She had more important things on her mind, after all, than picking out the perfect mask to wear. xP

It equipped her with Lunatic+ skills. That's why.

It fully explains why she loses them afterward. Because the mask gets cut in half.

She just killed herself. Devil Axed.

lol

She's was from the future. She'll never be born. LUCINA, YOU IDIOT!

Edited by Katarina

All I want to know is how the hell does a mask hide all that hair she had?

Probably by pushing the long hair together clutching them up and hook them to the mask.

Something close to that.

I was under the impression she just sort of stuffed it into her collar and down the back of her shirt. Her attire has a high enough collar and her cape has a thick enough neck that, while certainly not foolproof, could do a vaguely competent job of keeping it hidden. Admittedly I have no idea how this translates to it staying down there in vigorous combat, especially given how easily it all fell out when her mask was broken (a hilariously weak blow considering her face was completely unharmed).

I was under the impression she just sort of stuffed it into her collar and down the back of her shirt. Her attire has a high enough collar and her cape has a thick enough neck that, while certainly not foolproof, could do a vaguely competent job of keeping it hidden. Admittedly I have no idea how this translates to it staying down there in vigorous combat, especially given how easily it all fell out when her mask was broken (a hilariously weak blow considering her face was completely unharmed).

This is how Knights of Iris seems to say it happens.

Gerome seems to be a fan of the whole "masked crusader" style. When he's in private, he probably dotes over his collection the same way he dotes over "Minervykins"

She probably just had her hair tied in the back.

There's a lot about Lucina's mask that doesn't make sense to me.

First and foremost, it's got 6 eyes. Which is associated with Grima and the Grimleal. Why would she wear a 6-eyed mask?

And she borrowed it from Gerome. Why did Gerome have it in the first place? Does he have a whole mask collection? I can't see him wearing that one, really. Doesn't seem like his style.

Thoughts?

It doesn't have six eyes, just six lines. So she can see and keep her eye hidden. Bigger holes would have kinda not hidden her eye as well.

And, yes, doesn't Gerome actually like to make masks for fun or something? I may have misinterpreted something someone said, though.

Gerome does like masks, yeah. The children knew each other before coming to Chrom's world, so Gerome's mask hobby wasn't a secret at all. Lucina came with the mask idea herself (she wanted to hide her mark and cosplay as someone she feel comfortable to play as), and it's not much of a surprise that she'd ask Gerome for that help.

It equipped her with Lunatic+ skills. That's why.

It fully explains why she loses them afterward. Because the mask gets cut in half.

*smacks face* That's not how you save your father...

"Marth's" portrait pretty clearly has hair tied up in the back. How exactly that caused it to fall loose when the mask was cut off (and not while she was flipping around fighting Chrom with swords) I'm not sure.

Blah, I used to have a little compilation of pictures of her hair because I was trying to figure it out... It's so weird that aaaall that long hair comes loose when her mask comes off. Where was she keeping all of that?! If it was tucked into her clothes, how the bloody hell did it come out magically when her mask broke...? It looked like her mask was holding it up. But there was definately not THAT much at the back of her head...

Meh, fantasy hairstyles. I'm more bothered by that apparent fold in that one lock at the back of her head. Hair doesn't fold like that and STAY like that for...weeks... And then it's gone when her hair is down. HOW?! ....Oh right, fantasy hairstyles... Seriously, though, look at the freakin' boxart. It's there. It's weird. And it looks like a small ponytail in the scene where she saves Lissa.

well it could be like she pinned it up like this like a 6

and then she put the rest of her hair in the loop yes I can do this I have my hair is like Lucina's to

Edited by Chrom's Archie