Smash Bros. 4 Could be Delayed

Anacybele

Guys, I'm afraid there's a big possibility that SSB4 will be delayed.

I found out on Miiverse today that Sakurai is suffering from RSI in one of his arms, which is some kind of serious joint problem, and this means he probably can't work as efficiently as before. Miiverse is made by Nintendo themselves, so I don't doubt this information is true.

Honestly, I'm just glad Sakurai will stick around. A joint problem won't kill him. Still, it'd be tough to wait even longer for SSB4 when we've known about it since two E3s ago...

Guys, I'm afraid there's a big possibility that SSB4 will be delayed.

I found out on Miiverse today that Sakurai is suffering from RSI in one of his arms, which is some kind of serious joint problem, and this means he probably can't work as efficiently as before. Miiverse is made by Nintendo themselves, so I don't doubt this information is true.

Honestly, I'm just glad Sakurai will stick around. A joint problem won't kill him. Still, it'd be tough to wait even longer for SSB4 when we've known about it since two E3s ago...

Well if he needs to go slower with it, then by all means let him. We can wait, health is more important then games after all

More speculation time for us to have fun with.

RSI is a condition that's often associated with working at computers for extended periods of time on a regular basis. I'm a little surprised that Sakurai is sharing his health condition publicly, but I don't doubt it's validity. Depending on the severity of the case, several kinds of treatments are available ranging from physical therapy to surgical. While it saddens me that a came I've been anticipating for a while might be delayed, I'm sure Sakurai will make the best decision for his health, even if he needs to take some time off to address it. In the meantime we'll just need to be patient. As you've said, it's certainly not a fatal condition, but it can put a sufferer in terrible pain if it's left unchecked.

Yeah, you both are right. I'm glad SOME people are thinking more about Sakurai himself than his work. Unlike the idiots on Miiverse who seem to care about nothing except the games related to him. >.>