Support Compatibility Editor(Nightmare)

Crazycolorz5

I want Florina to start with an A support with Lyn(not tutorial). So I bring up the aforementioned editor, scroll down to character 31 - Florina, and set Support Partner #1's inital count to 241 and Support Gain to 0. Same on Lyn's side. However, when I start my game(custom evented; I double checked and yes the lou1'd florina is the non-tutorial version), Lyn has the A support, but florina has nothing. Any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Edit: see 2nd and 3rd posts

Edited by Crazycolorz5

Also, isn't 255 the max for supports? Or maybe I'm just thinking of limits in general, it might be sifferent for each unit pair.

255 is the max that can be stored since it's a 1-byte value, but the threshold for A support is at 240. http://serenesforest.net/fe7/support.htm

Anyway, my guess is that it's because Lyn's position in Florina's support list is not the same as Florina's position in Lyn's? To double-check, the value that should have been changed to 241+0 should have previously been 76+4, in both cases.

Edited by zahlman

afaik supports are stored in both characters so tehre's probably somewhere else you need to edit to get florina's to work

like lyn may have her 255 stored as her support value but florina still has that 76 stored somewhere

check florina's entry for lyn (as opposed to lyn's entry for florina)

edit:

alternately to test my theory stick lyn and florina together for a few turns (this won't work in lyn's mode) and see if the support option comes up (or if florina gets her C support)

Edited by CT075

If this helps any, the support data pointer for florina is C98DA0, and at that offset in my ROM I have:

02 2D 1F 1E 25 14 11 05 4C 23 23 00 00 00 00 02 04

@CT075

Lyn's side of the support is working fine; she has an A support. However florina has no support with lyn, even though I edited the value in the support data editor thing.

@CT, again

Okay so I waited a few turns. Oddly, she couldn't support with anyone, but Matthew would support with her(as I had coded using the editor). This also gives me the one sided support thing.(Florina has no C support with Matthew, but Matthew has a C-support with Florina)

Edited by Crazycolorz5

02 is lyn

2D is also lyn (not-tutorial)

1F is some character i don't know

1E ^

25 ^

14 ^

11 means 17, idk what that corresponds to

4C - this is 76 in dec, which is what lyn/florina have at base support level, try changing this value

23 23 00 00 00 00 02 04

EDIT

that doesn't have anything to do with what i asked you to do

Edited by CT075

Oh, it worked now! Okay, so I guess I should just assume that the support editor is just defective for florina? Or maybe my original FE7 rom is weirded up? Anyway, she now defaults with an A rank support with Lyn, yay!

Edit: Yeah, the support compatability editor is messed up for florina, for some reason.

Here's what I've mapped out:

02 is Hector

2D is also lyn (not-tutorial)

1F Farina

1E Fiora

25 Ninian

14 Nino

11 Serra

05 - base intimacy w/ Hector

4C - base intimacy w/ lyn

23 " farina

23 " Fiora