General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

They were the artist for FE7 too, so it's not like all of their art is horribad or anything

Dat Ike tho...:/

Really? FE7's characters have way different faces and much better anatomy. FE6's faces look all derpy and weird and the anatomy is also weird at times.

Personally, I think he'd have a beard more like in the pic fuller and even it just seems to suit him.

Well, I have a bit of a thing for goatees...lol. And I think Ike would look pretty good with the one I have in mind for him. It won't be a full goatee though, think of Renning's facial hair, but with the 'stache and beard connected.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? FE7's characters have way different faces and much better anatomy. FE6's faces look all derpy and weird and the anatomy is also weird at times.

Wow, it's almost as if an artist can somehow improve over time. Crazy, huh? ;p

Edited by Kon

Wow, it's almost as if an artist can somehow improve over time. Crazy, huh? ;p

Except Ike's Awakening art is bad. How does an artist go from horrible to really good, then back to horrible?

It happens. No artist is perfect, after all. Really their most recent work is pretty damned good, it just seems like Ike is the odd one out.

Can you honestly say that all of your art is consistently good all of the time?

Except Ike's Awakening art is bad. How does an artist go from horrible to really good, then back to horrible?

It happens. No artist is perfect, after all. Really their most recent work is pretty damned good, it just seems like Ike is the odd one out.

Can you honestly say that all of your art is consistently good all of the time?

Both valid points but consider this Ike's Awakening DESIGN looks almost nothing like his PoR or RD art/model. I can understand it not being as good but in this case it doesn't even look like him.

Ike's would have been good, were it not that he looks so scrawny. If he had some more build, then it works.

And wat. Seliph's was actually one of the good ones. (Well,something's off about his face, but other than that)

That Pantsless Marth was literally the best I've ever seen of him in that look. o.o

Both valid points but consider this Ike's Awakening DESIGN looks almost nothing like his PoR or RD art/model. I can understand it not being as good but in this case it doesn't even look like him.

It certainly doesn't help that the class designs are pretty shit in Awakening ~o3o~

It certainly doesn't help that the class designs are pretty shit in Awakening ~o3o~

Even then, the awkward pose doesn't help. It's certainly not the kind of thing someone could hold for a reasonable amount of time :v

But dang it, my version of an Ike in his late 30s or so was going to have a beard too! Just not that kind. It was going to be more like a goatee.

but goatees are for douchebag alcoholic teenage boyfriends who knock you up and disappear from your life forever

I almost want to say Ike fits all of those qualifications but idk. ijokearoundtoomuchhuh.

Yeah, if Awakening Ike had a more Ike-like face, a taller and bulkier build, and a less robotic-looking sword arm, I'd be pretty fine with it. Ike isn't any short scrawny guy, he's a tall hunk of muscle and sexiness.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike isn't any short scrawny guy, he's a tall hunk of muscle and sexiness.

dude (I use it in a unisex manner, don't worry), you're not even being subtle lol

Someone needs to draw Ike in a wife-beater, and with a six pack of lite beer, playing call of duty.

Laughed harder at this than what is considered okay. gg me.

EDIT: brb sigging it.

Edited by Apparition

Oh dear... When someone says someone should draw something, it usually does get drawn eventually... Sorry, Ike. :( Plz forgive me! I still love you!

Edited by Anacybele

That would be a really really OOC piece though lol. Ike doesn't seem like he'd beat a fly. Unless it kept bothering him over and over, I suppose. :P But I only see him beating bandits and any troops he happens to be hired to fight against. And even then, he'd likely give them a chance to surrender and be spared.

I just see him as a gentle giant, I suppose. RD Ike is a big dude, after all.

Yeah, if Awakening Ike had a more Ike-like face, a taller and bulkier build, and a less robotic-looking sword arm

Ike seems to had lost a lot of body mass and needed to be put into a mech suit

Similar situation happened to Hector

More keii. Apologies in advance if it has been posted already.

Older Ike + Soren

With_Each_Passing_Day_by_keiiii.jpg

lol, old man Ike. Now he really looks like Greil. Soren's hair steals the show though...

Tibarn

The_Hawk_King_by_keiiii.jpg

190mph___360_degrees_by_keiiii.jpg

Older Soren + Kurthnaga. 5 centuries later.

500_Years_Later_by_keiiii.jpg

More Tibarn. Man-candy deluxe. Huge image.

SUIT_WEEK_05___Tibarn_by_Krad_Eelav.jpg

Ike + Shinon

tumblr_lnd2m75ELg1qihbjro1_1280.jpg

Comic about Tharja being a good mother... well kind of:

yCvNyIN.jpg

http://harblkun.tumblr.com/post/98974438936/noire-i-was-the-only-one-you-never-flirted

EDIT: I'm surprised SoC never saw these:

[spoiler=FemRobin]

kMRCxa1.png

[spoiler=ManRobin]

yMOefzW.png

http://the-nut-meg.tumblr.com/post/107162560461/seriously-i-sorta-wish-there-was-an-option-for

Edited by The Geek

Yeah, if Awakening Ike had a more Ike-like face, a taller and bulkier build, and a less robotic-looking sword arm, I'd be pretty fine with it. Ike isn't any short scrawny guy, he's a tall hunk of muscle and sexiness.

In other words, if he looked completely different.

I agree.

Ooh, I like that Ike and Shinon piece! :D

I never thought I'd see Shinny smile like that, especially at Ike. :o

Red Fox: Yeah, pretty much. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I'm giggling like an idiot over here! That modern Ike idea with the beer and the CoD. And Lucina getting sent to her room and herself as a little tyke hitting her with the rattle. Pure genius.

I'd like to know what Shinon's smiling about in that pic...

While people are talking about awakening Ike, I'll post a few fan made lord awakening designs.

Ike

Marth

Eirika

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Ike-Possibility-301108424

http://jaeon009.deviantart.com/art/Hero-King-Marth-489976368

http://ananteris.deviantart.com/art/FE-Queen-Eirika-the-Swordmaster-351883403

eGbxNeg.jpg

twznloQ.jpg

Vd0c47i.png

Yeah, there is a lot of fan made stuff I think is better than the official ones.

Because I'm here anyway, here is some more

Marth:

http://longai.deviantart.com/art/Marth-469430041

eKDOgyq.jpg

Lyon:

http://ananteris.deviantart.com/art/FE-Sorcerer-369125692

ZXqxgk8.png

Gordin & Merric:

http://archanea.tumblr.com/post/93726091997/kohieu-green-team-rambles

Xy3IW9e.jpg