General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Lugh and Raigh are the same unit, as are Briggid and Adean?

Cerai and Leo

Wait OCs don't count. Lethe and Lyre?

We can do this until we run out of twins.

Erika and Ephriam?

Edited by Dragoncat

It was a joke.....

I know. So was that.

I always assumed it was some kind of magic lol. I have it happen that way in fanfiction anyway. :P

What, the changing clothes? Meeeehhh, I'd rather not say that. He can go behind something and change. Magic is in FE, sure, but not for little things like that.

What, the changing clothes? Meeeehhh, I'd rather not say that. He can go behind something and change. Magic is in FE, sure, but not for little things like that.

That makes sense, but the scene gave me the impression that he never moved from that spot lol.

That makes sense, but the scene gave me the impression that he never moved from that spot lol.

Video game logic. He had to have moved. Or else...that comic would happen, and it didn't xD

Scrolling through this thread has been a huge time suck.

The fact Ike and Mia can't support in PoR is kinda dumb. They have a unique relationship that I wish they could have fleshed out more.

She's also the only female character I could see leaving with Ike at the end of RD if they had an A-Support.

I read somewhere they had a paired ending that was removed, so it's very easy for me to head canonize them.

Ike and Mia wrecking maps together with A support is probably my favorite thing about RD. I love them together.

Edited by Radiant head

PoR never had paired endings, so that wouldn't have been possible. Ike and Mia might've had a support that was removed though, I heard PoR had a bunch of them get cut. I dislike the idea of Ike and Mia as a pairing anyway though. Mia only likes him for his sword skills, she doesn't really care about anything else. All her conversations with Ike were about her trying to beat him or her praising his skills. She even decides to abandon the mercenaries at the end of RD since Ike left. Her purpose seemed to just be finally beating him, and when he's no longer there, she can't do that. So she feels she no longer has any reason to be around either. I never saw any spark between these two.

But I also just dislike Mia in general. I found her to be annoying and not even a good unit. Zihark was always better for me. Please, IS, if Ike has to pair with any female, ANYONE but Mia. -_- Even Lethe is a better idea, imo. In fact, I think I'd rather see Geoffrey x Elincia of all things than Ike x Mia.

Edited by Anacybele

Scrolling through this thread has been a huge time suck.

I read somewhere they had a paired ending that was removed, so it's very easy for me to head canonize them.

Ike and Mia wrecking maps together with A support is probably my favorite thing about RD. I love them together.

I actually got A support with between Ike, Mia and Titania they just wrecked maps. And now that I know that I guess I can start head cononizing them too.

PoR never had paired endings, so that wouldn't have been possible. Ike and Mia might've had a support that was removed though, I heard PoR had a bunch of them get cut. I dislike the idea of Ike and Mia as a pairing anyway though. Mia only likes him for his sword skills, she doesn't really care about anything else. All her conversations with Ike were about her trying to beat him or her praising his skills. She even decides to abandon the mercenaries at the end of RD since Ike left. Her purpose seemed to just be finally beating him, and when he's no longer there, she can't do that. So she feels she no longer has any reason to be around either. I never saw any spark between these two.

But I also just dislike Mia in general. I found her to be annoying and not even a good unit. Zihark was always better for me. Please, IS, if Ike has to pair with any female, ANYONE but Mia. -_- Even Lethe is a better idea, imo. In fact, I think I'd rather see Geoffrey x Elincia of all things than Ike x Mia.

Mia is actually pretty viable in RD (endgame worthy). In PoR I tried so hard to level her up but she just got screwed with every level up. I thought it said in her ending that she visited them every once and a while though. I like to think maybe she went out looking for Ike to challenge him or to leave with him.

I couldn't train her in RD either, actually. She just kept dying. And once again, Zihark ended up more usable. And I always played on easy mode, btw, since I couldn't even get past Part 1 chapter 1 on Normal. It's gotta be the hardest game released out west. Except for maybe FE7's Hector hard mode. I've heard that that one is pretty damn tough too.

And well, we each have our own headcanons, despite how different they are. Just gotta respect that. I personally CAN see Mia looking for Ike, but not leaving Tellius. She still wants to find that white dressed rival of hers and such, I think. I still don't feel that she ever crushed on Ike or vice versa though. I see them as friendly rivals, nothing more. That's just how I feel.

EDIT: Also, to get this back on topic, here's some Freddy I found while on Google the one day looking for references to use in a sprite contest. :3

96246f463e1a9f4fcbbfc7497977a101.jpg

(He looks frustrated here. D: He needs a hug! *hugs*)

tumblr_n4cy883Csr1ru6c2do1_500.gif

(Yes. Just yes. lol)

tumblr_mifjqbFMGu1s5es89o1_1280.jpg

5674331.jpg

(MARRIED TO A FEMALE AVATAR, wee. :D)

tumblr_mum0egNmtX1qzi1pgo1_500.png

Man, some artists are SO good at bringing out his sexiness. <3

I can't find the sources for them though, believe me, I tried...

Edited by Anacybele

OH GODS LOL!! Thats beautiful.

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this:

[spoiler=Sexy Libra, SFW]

L0txDjv.png

http://nyriikos.tumblr.com/post/74656978497/my-first-fe-a-fanart-libras-class-change-tracey

Ohh.. This is a national treasure!

Basically every single bishounen in FE history should be drawn to mock that Tharja fig imo.

Idk actually if this has been posted but the artist deleted their pixiv a while ago, but I do still have this, in the same vein.

db9f0253ae.jpg

Ahahahahahahah yes.

Wow, you must really suck at RD.

Leanne and Naesala

Leanne/Naesala is good for the soul.

I couldn't train her in RD either, actually. She just kept dying.

Trying not to be as rude as NM there, but....how...? I play Easy Mode almost exclusively in FE10, love, and Mia wrecks shit even when im not actively using her. Like, im doing a run right now, and i planned not to use Mia. Yet the first two maps where theres no fixed deployment and shes around, shes wrecking shit. Hell, i got Mist wrecking shit. I train Fiona. Mia requires no effort. Im confused on how.....

Well, I think it's that I always focus on Ike, Titania, Oscar, Gatrie, Shinon, and Boyd. They just wrecked so much that Mia didn't really have much of a chance to attack anything, and by the time she does, she's too weak, I guess.

At first, it just seemed like you were fishing for excuses so that your blatant dislike for Mia would be more excusable. It seems a little less obvious now, but still.

If you think she sucks as a unit, you should actively use her so you can actually find out.

Honestly, I think you just don't like her because some people ship her with Ike.

You don't like Sumia, Mia, Geoffrey, and iirc, Kent, Henry, Soren, and Gaius (but I could be wrong). What do all these people have in common? They're potential ships for your husbandos/favorite characters/whatever.

She's a great unit (which you kind of overlooked), her character is fine (people might disagree there, but I think so), she's kinda pretty too, etc.

Well, I think it's that I always focus on Ike, Titania, Oscar, Gatrie, Shinon, and Boyd. They just wrecked so much that Mia didn't really have much of a chance to attack anything, and by the time she does, she's too weak, I guess.

And that's completely fine if you focus on those guys. However, it doesn't make sense that you would not give Mia any priority in attacking stuff, which means she doesn't get training, and then you complain that she's weak and can't kill anything. I'm not trying to be rude, but the end result is kind of a "no duh". For example, if I don't train Sain or give him little priority in the early chapters, I don't get to be surprised that he's weak in the later chapters and complain he's too weak, since I set myself up for that.

Edited by Sunwoo

While I've only ever played PoR and RD once each, in my experience Mia was good at dodging but was only able to do damage in the single digits on endgame enemies. Kind of like how my Lyns tend to turn out.

Anyway, have a Clarine/Rutger piece.

[spoiler=Large image]

J7UeDB8.png

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48466519

You don't like Sumia, Mia, Geoffrey, and iirc, Kent, Henry, Soren, and Gaius (but I could be wrong). What do all these people have in common? They're potential ships for your husbandos/favorite characters/whatever.

Okay, first of all, I actually like Henry and Gaius. In fact, Gaius is one of my favorite Awakening males (Lon'qu, Stahl, and of course Frederick are the others). Henry makes me crack up every now and then. The only reason he's not a favorite is that he also creeps me out sometimes.

Second, I disliked Sumia, Mia, Kent, and Soren before I became a big fan of certain pairings. Especially Soren. The simple fact that they could get in the way of those pairings just made me like them less and is completely coincidential.

Geoffrey, I don't exactly remember, but I do recall that I learned of his paired ending with Elincia before I even encountered him at all in either Tellius game. But whether or not I disliked him before becoming a big fan of Ike x Elincia, I've recently rethought my views on him, and I think I can say that I both like and dislike him at this point. I like him because he's got that chivalrous knight thing going on, he wears my favorite colors (especially on his hair) in RD, and he's pretty good-looking. But at the same time, I don't like him because there's really nothing more to him besides the chivalry. He just seems flat, likely due to having little screentime overall.

If you think she sucks as a unit, you should actively use her so you can actually find out.

Uh, I did? In fact, now that I think about it, I believe I managed to promote her once. But she still ended up a lot weaker than the others around her.

Edited by Anacybele

Idk why she sucked for you, because like others said, she's usually a major butt kicker. Maybe she got RNG screwed? You talking PoR or RD?

I think she needed more character development, but that's about it...but yeah, not liking someone because of pairings...would be closed minded. I don't support Ike x Soren but I use Soren and enjoy watching him pwn things. My friend who got me into FE loves the crap outta him, but that's irrelevant....

Maybe try again? Try not Boyd/Ike/Soren/etc stomping and let her get some kills? Idk...