Hey guys, is it worth it?

Romming gba games is relatively simple if you care to find out, just so you know.

Not my favorite Fire Emblem gameplay or storywise, but it can't hurt you to try it.

I thought this was the worst of the GBA series. But if you really want to, go ahead. Isn't it like 80-100 bucks on ebay? o.O

Actually I saw it for like 52$

And if romming has anyhitng to do with computers I'm screwed because my computer is 11 years old, no speakers, and has a mighty 4 gigabytes of memory.

Mosy cellphones have 4 gb's of mem.

I think an xbox360 has 12gb

What is a rom?

And I'm sorry that I like to think that I give my contribution to the gaming industry. free games=stealing

Trust me, I'm the most honest guy you'll ever meet >.<

A rom is the read only memory of a game (?)

Wikipedia explains it better than I could.

Also, FE6 has been out of print for years now. You won't be contributing to the video game industry so much as you will be contributing to the previous owner's wallet. Although I honestly can't fault you for wanting to own an actual copy of the game.

Edited by Musashi

Like I thought: stealing

I don't steal anything beyond cookies at work >.>

And they're not like 55 cents

A game took time and effort and should be treated like so. If it entertains me even slightly, the money was worth it.

And yes, I know it's out of print but it's the principle of the thing.

Yeah, I'm gonna buy it...

Because there's really no other games I want and I always leave a little somethin' for games in my paycheck

Okay, thanks for your opinions

Enjoy your descent into thievery ^_^

No, thank you for donating your money.

Because there's really no other games I want and I always leave a little somethin' for games in my paycheck

I will! *smiles*

I will! *smiles*

Pretty much what CGV said

And if romming has anyhitng to do with computers I'm screwed because my computer is 11 years old, no speakers, and has a mighty 4 gigabytes of memory.

Mosy cellphones have 4 gb's of mem.

I think an xbox360 has 12gb

Do you really know how large 4GB is, and what the hell you just stated...?

As for the dead thread, basically, Nintendo has gotten its money. It doesn't care about oversea sales--if you look on their products, it's actually prohibited from sales outside the intended region. Now, for less than half the price, you could get a flashcart, download the translation and ROM, and play the thing on your GBA/DS, along with every other GBA game, music and movies, and any emulators coded for the GBA, along with cool homebrew.

But this is thieving money from a dead franchise remember. Evil stuff.

Really, if you have issues with the legal problems with having a ROM, it's best just to import it from Play-Asia. That's what I did, and never regretted it since. It's easily the most difficult of the Gameboy Advance Fire Emblems and I'd say the second best. (next to Blazing Sword) Hard Mode is hard, but it's not exactly any Thracia 776. I think it's worth the cost. You might have some problems with it being in Japanese, but the gameplay isn't any different from any other Fire Emblem game. You might want a script translation for the storyline.

Edited by Kintenbo

On my copy of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, a japanese import DS game I legally purchased from PlayAsia or something, it says something like "Sale or use of this product overseas is prohibited." I'm a baaaaaad maaaaan, playing the fuck out of this game I bought and not even caring.

I'd just wait a year or two and Nintendo will recycle the game on DS. Nintendo is notorious (though it's not all bad, brings us old games) for repackaging it's old sellers on new systems. How many different versions of Final Fantasy IV exist (like 45)?

I anticipate with Fire Emblem picking up popularity in the States, it won't be long before they rework and rerelease Sword of Seals on DS or somewhere else. I'd just hang on for that.

Play the ROM. Yeah, yeah, it's illegal. But so is downloading music and speeding. But we all do those too, don't we?