New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC

Fruity Insanity

I was wondering if that last DLC is even possible... without the invinci-raccoon-thing, that is.

The farthest I got up to was the end of level 1... (I finished it with the raccoon with over a hundred coins, but that doesn't count...)

Also, I can't see how a person can get 15,000+ coins in the Nerve-wrack pack... -_-

I can beat it, but... not with 15,000 coins...

How about you guys?

Can any of you do it?

And I thought I was a good NSMB player...

Just got it a day or so ago and am still sifting through it myself. With the suit, I've managed to get partway through Course 3, but without it is a different story. Haven't had enough time to get a feel for the levels; maybe in a week when life is less hectic.

I haven't played NSMB2 yet, but I have seen some of the harder DLC levels, and from what I've seen they are beyond ridiculous. It's not as unfair and inhuman as Kaizo World hacks (which I will never play since it's that cruel), but it's still crazy. Really low time limits, levels packed with enemies and indestructable obstacles that can kill you, always having to be on the run to survive (if it's not the timer, it's Lakitu bombarding you or rising poisonous water), I always though there would never be anything harder than The Lost Levels in Mario ever again (though I did defeat The Lost Levels completely in SMAS without warps. frustrating stuff).

I don't mean to hijack your NSMB2 thread with NSMBU discussion, but since you're talking about difficult Mario levels, I suppose it's still somewhat on topic. Some of the challenges in challenge mode in that game are ridiculous. Some of them include: going through coin packed levels getting as few coins as possible (getting five coins kills you, by the way), speeding through Torpedo Ted infested waters to the end (with one hit killing you), repeatedly jumping on cannonballs for 1UPs (to get gold in the 2nd Last 1UP Challenge there was one part I had to jump on cannon balls off screen so I couldn't even see where Luigi or the cannonballs were), and dodging four Fire Bros.' fireballs at once while surrounded by spikes (and the pattern they throw it in is completely randomized). And the Boost Mode Challenges are ridiculous as well, after the start in most challenges there's no floors whatsoever so you're at the complete mercy of your Boost Mode partner. You need complete coordination, a good strategy that you'll both follow, and a lot of tries to get gold in every challenge. The only category I've got all gold in so far is the 1UP Challenges. I would have the Coin Challenges down as all gold as well, if it wasn't for the last challenge (get five coins and you die challenge, in a level full of coins that move with platforms and three Lakitus bombarding you with Spinies). Time Challenges are the ones I'm the worst and most behind at, since I'm a completionist who gets all coins and powerups so it really contradicts my playstyle. I really need to get back to finishing and getting gold in all the challenges...