Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Thunderfox

I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic for this yet. Are there not many AC fans in the forest?

Anyway it's centered around Edward Kenway, a Pirate who becomes an assassin and the Father/Grandfather of Haytham and Connor from AC3. Honestly he looks like a darker, more mature, take on Ezio. Though rather than Desmond its some Abstergo employee using the animus

Which given the ending to Assassin's Creed III makes sense. So either the game takes place before Juno enslaves mankind, or they're starting a new saga where we fight against her

It takes place in the Caribbean in the Golden Age of Piracy in the Early 8th century, with Havana, Kingston and Nassau being the major hubs, plus numerus smaller islands to explore, underwater gameplay and naval combat.

Its releasing October 29th for PS3, 360, WiiU and PC and will come out for PS4 and the next XBox at some point.

Looks interesting actually, we don't get enough pirate games. I hope there is more ship customization than in AC3, and different types of vessels (galleons, caravels, man o' wars, etc.) and possibly building up a fleet. Really, I could care less for being an assassin, and more about being a PIRATE! YAARGH!!!

I'm guessing that 8th century bit was a typo? Or has Sid Meier's Pirates! taught me nothing.

Looks neat definitely, but I have like 2 console and 2 portable AC games in the way before I'm caught up, already.

Well shit. Sorry I posted that topic last night, didn't see this one or I would've just replied here.

That has most of my thoughts in it.

Major spoiler

How do you think we'd fight against Juno? I'm thinking the assassin's and templars may join forces and that's why it's abstergo employees in the present. Although I doubt there will be very much present time gameplay, similar to revalations or brotherhood.

I thought the whole ship thing kind of sucked in AC III. Hopefully they've perfected it. I think they just put it in that game for a test run since I've heard almost half this game is on the seas in this game.

I'm glad it's coming for 360 and PS3. I'd rather wait a while to buy the new models.

I think the series has been stagnant since the second game and that it's going downhill. The mechanics were not very workable when they first came out and the further it goes the more apparent that becomes. Aside from being an overall boring game Assassin's Creed III was just a mess on account of its piecemeal system.

I think they're just going to keep getting worse until Ubisoft reworks the entire system from the ground up. So they're going to keep getting worse indefinitely, in other words.