for others who played this in japanese (slight spoilers) it was his sled

EDIT - Sully swearing, Stahl "I could eat a pegasus" line, and Gaius's wanting to sacrifice his first son for sweets didn't help, either. While comical, they also sound disturbing.

Then you probably shouldn't read the Vanessa x Lute A-conversation. But then again, Lute was also willing to kill a teammate in order to ensure her superiority. Turning one thousand Pegasus into an aphrodisiac doesn't sound to far off for her.

Vanessa: "But, Lute, I never thought you would try to steal the wings right off her back! Guess the battlefield is a lonely place! Ha ha ha ha!"

I wouldn't find it weird or creepy if it's someone not as soft as Stahl saying that line. But then, it's mostly just my weird interpretation of his line.

I think I should really redact Stahl and Sully's parts. One is an epic interpretation fail (I blame letting that other thread affect me) and the other isn't really unusual at all, other than the "What am I reading in this Nintendo-published game?" surprise.

And sorry for being unusually whiny today, I guess.

I guess the main issue with localization is, we got translations of the Japanese script first, so that kind of became everyone's headcanon. Then when the english version came out, we already had our pictures of the characters formed, so if it clashed with the previous one, it sent people into an uproar. I know people's complaints about direct translations, and the game developers probably were worried that if they left things as is maybe the fans wouldn't like it as much. Though I've always thought that if people are going to pick up a game, or a manga or anime, you should leave cultural references in. Yeah we're from a different country, but it wouldn't kill people to learn a little about another culture, especially if they're interested in it and showing that through their choice of entertainment.

Now that my history major has finished ranting, for this game, I do find that I preferred some characters voices from the Japanese canon. Definitely agree about Henry and Olivia, I loved their supports in the original. It got ruined in english.