Offensive name confusion

Cookies

I can see a phallic reference in that name... >_>

Herpaderp. It is.

"Spic" is racist slang, though I forget which race it specifically refers to. I think Hispanics, though I'm not entirely certain.

Yeah. Hispanics.

Im pretty sure you CAN keep the "offensive" names though. It just may not show up on Streetpass teams. It gives you the option to keep the name. Huh.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure you CAN keep the "offensive" names though. It just may not show up on Streetpass teams. It gives you the option to keep the name. Huh.

Correct.

Was there this type of censorship in FE12?

I just threw together a team called "Fuck" for FE11 multiplayer and it raised no objections, so I'm guessing no for FE11; FE12 may have a word filter in the Japanese version, but if so I doubt the fan translation patch bothered to do an English filter. For what it's worth, naming the FE7 tactician also doesn't appear to have a filter.

Hm.

Out of curiousity, I went and renamed some of my weapons to some French cuss words. My knowledge of the language is a bit lacking, but it let me use all the ones I knew. Someone with a better vocabulary might be able to do a more exhaustive test.

Of course, now I have an Arcfire named 'Sacrement', but whatever.

"Ass" is considered offensive.

"Arse" is not considered offensive.

That's amusing.

I'm pretty sure Basilio let the ss version slip once. Ah, this game. xD

Yes, this game doesn't recognize Jamaican patwa!

*names my avatar Punani and forges a tome named 'bloodclat'*

I win this round, nintendo.

I just threw together a team called "Fuck" for FE11 multiplayer and it raised no objections, so I'm guessing no for FE11; FE12 may have a word filter in the Japanese version, but if so I doubt the fan translation patch bothered to do an English filter. For what it's worth, naming the FE7 tactician also doesn't appear to have a filter.

Just tried with my copy of FE12 (original, retail version) with strings like "レイプ" and "ファック"; nothing happened.

What is that, may I ask?

It's basically another language. A lot of people equate it to Creole, but with more...Jamaican flair, I should say. (Don't want to get TOO offensive now.)

Hm.

Out of curiousity, I went and renamed some of my weapons to some French cuss words. My knowledge of the language is a bit lacking, but it let me use all the ones I knew. Someone with a better vocabulary might be able to do a more exhaustive test.

Of course, now I have an Arcfire named 'Sacrement', but whatever.

...That has to be the most awesome name for an Arcfire ever.