Question about the later DLCs and pairings

For those of you who played the Japanese version, do you really need to have the perfect children in order to beat the later DLCs? To be precise, I'm talking about the Another Story: The Strongest One's Name DLC. A lot of people seems to be preparing for it by pairing certain characters together like ChromxOlivia and Lon'quxCordelia but do you really have to? Can I pair who I want to pair and still be able to beat the later DLCs?

The children are still pretty OP without the super-duper perfect skillsets and stat inheritance.

For one thing, the non-hidden round is perfectly beatable with only Gen one characters.

Screw the "You need Chrom x Olivia to beat this DLC" mentality. *I* of all people wouldn't be doing that for mental health reasons.

The children are still pretty OP without the super-duper perfect skillsets and stat inheritance.

For one thing, the non-hidden round is perfectly beatable with only Gen one characters.

Screw the "You need Chrom x Olivia to beat this DLC" mentality. *I* of all people wouldn't be doing that for mental health reasons.

I see. That's a relief. With all the pairing topics I see lately and people always suggesting certain pairings, I thought you needed to do those pairings to beat the later DLCs. I just didn't want to pair certain characters up and train their children only to find out that I can't beat the later DLCs with them.

It's a flexible game. Anything less than The Strongest One's Name will fall easily to any characters with Limit Breaker. Even for that final map, IS would need a whole lot of precision and patience to make the tiny, insignificant differences from making certain pairings necessary to complete it, and all for an objective that would be fucking idiotic.