Future DLC Question

Cookies

So, from what I've read and understood from TVTropes, many parts of the Bonds set of DLC are based on the Japanese stuff, like:

Summer of Bonds has the most popular first gen characters in special CGs, and its' music has Chrom's various voiceclips in it.

Secret Spa of Bonds has the most popular second gen characters in special CGs, and I think the same applies to the music.

Will the music get redubbed? Will we get to have a character popularity poll like Japan? Or will they just stick with what the music already sounded like and keep the current CGs? Or will the English version get something completely new alongside of the Bonds series?

Heh. If we get a poll, I wouldn't be surprised if the results were rigged so they wouldn't have to do any new artwork.

Nintendo had totally rigged the most popular Pokemon poll by having Arceus beat Ditto and Mudkip!

Heh. If we get a poll, I wouldn't be surprised if the results were rigged so they wouldn't have to do any new artwork.

Nintendo had totally rigged the most popular Pokemon poll by having Arceus beat Ditto and Mudkip!

They could at least make it believable. Arceus is one of the least popular legendaries. Probably because it's from GenIV. Nintendo thinks Arceus is awesome, so they think everyone thinks Arceus is awesome.

I didn't know that poll was rigged... interesting...

Well, there goes any hopes of seeing Henry in swim trunks... or Gerome in a yukata...

Well, there goes any hopes of seeing Henry in swim trunks... or Gerome in a yukata...

or Vaike in a speedo!

As long as Owain's in there somewhere, I have no complaints with whatever they decide on doing, man

Oh, I really have no opinion about whether that Pokemon poll was rigged or not. Just some fans think it was. I mean, Arecus is the "god" Pokemon and is really powerful, so it shouldn't be surprising that it is liked.

However, getting new artwork for Awakening would take more effort than choosing a different Pokemon to give out over wifi... so there would be a stronger incentive to rig it this time...Or just not have a poll at all. Yeah, that would be easier.

Edited by Revenant

Don't know about Gerome, but anyone with access to Sorceror (fot swimsuit) or Swordmaster (for Yukata) will wear those outfits in battle. So you WILL seen Henry in swim trunks guaranteed, just not in actual artwork. And I immagine it wouldn't be too hard to get Gerome as an SM.

On topic, I was wondering about this too, as Japan and America have very different popular characters. Sully for example might have a shot at a high position in America, from what I've heard.

One more thing about this: so you can recruit the Black Knight via spotpass. He can reclass to anything, so you can make him a Sorceror and send him in to Summer of Bonds. This puts him in swimming trunks. This means his back is exposed.

He's supposed to have a giant freaking Brand there. I'm willing to bet anything that the developers weren't dedicated enough to include it. Seeing as Spotpass characters use Avatar models anyway, I HIGHTLY doubt they'd make a special case for him. But still, an interesting thing to note.

On topic, I was wondering about this too, as Japan and America have very different popular characters. Sully for example might have a shot at a high position in America, from what I've heard.

pfft, we all know Lucina and Chrom will be #1 anyway

They already rigged two FEA related polls as is

Don't know about Gerome, but anyone with access to Sorceror (fot swimsuit) or Swordmaster (for Yukata) will wear those outfits in battle. So you WILL seen Henry in swim trunks guaranteed, just not in actual artwork. And I immagine it wouldn't be too hard to get Gerome as an SM.

The artwork, though... that's what I wanted. ^^; I mean, more chances to see Gerome without his mask, right? As for Henry... I just want him to make some sort of remark on how he's inevitably scrawny compared to the nonmage people :)

Exactly why I made the topic. :) I mean, Sully definitely ranked higher in America compared to Japan, since us Westerners have much different tastes in what we like in women. She or Tiki might have scored the bikini scene over Tharja if the poll was made in the West. Of course, this is all just from what I can guess from what I've heard from various online forums.

Also, somewhere upthread said about Lucina and Chrom ranking high... well, no duh. Chrom's won over many FeMU's hearts and Lucina's just plain BA, even moreso than some FE lords.

I don't think Arceus as the most popular Pokemon is rigged... remember when everyone thought Mewtwo was the most badass thing ever because it was found in a secret cave and you had to beat the Elite 4 to get it? Yeah, it's the same thing here. It's not even the best looking thing but it's super strong and kids ultimately get suckered in by the moniker and difficulty of obtainment. I can assure people if you've ever been in an elementary school and bring up the topic of Pokemon, and can also draw, the kids will swarm you and scream CAN YOU DRAW ARCEUS?! </reallifeexperience>

Chrom, Lucina, Gaius, and Cordelia are extremely popular over here, too. Tharja, too. However, I'm sure Nowi is a lot less popular and it's anyone's guess who the most popular kids are, though I suspect Owain and Inigo are still quite high up in popularity. I'd imagine Severa is one of the few of the top Japanese characters who is probably a little less liked on this side of the pond by the average player... she's reaaally hard to tolerate, complaining about everything. Anything nice she does is usually just a backhanded compliment. Olivia is probably less popular here too.

Be right back, brainstorming fanart.

On a more serious note, while that'd be really cool, I'm not sure if they'd be willing to go the whole route to do new CGs. But hey, if a poll does happen, doesn't get rigged, and the artist is willing to do it, then that'd be pretty cool.

My hopes aren't very high after W, X, Y, and Z localization things, though. Though Gerome in a yukata will make me very happy.

Semi-unrelated:

...I had a terrible dream last night/this morning. NoA gave us different versions of the Bonds DLC chapters, and one of them involved characters dressing up like Santa. It was horrifying! Dx

Semi-unrelated:

...I had a terrible dream last night/this morning. NoA gave us different versions of the Bonds DLC chapters, and one of them involved characters dressing up like Santa. It was horrifying! Dx

yjpo9HP.png

speak for yourself :P

Semi-unrelated:

If it weren't for the fact that the DLC is done, that'd be a pretty awesome 4th map for the set....

Holiday of Bonds.

I wonder what class... wait. Thieves. Thieves, Assassins and Tricksters. They get to wear santa outfits.

Which characters though....

!!

The bonus units!

One more thing about this: so you can recruit the Black Knight via spotpass. He can reclass to anything, so you can make him a Sorceror and send him in to Summer of Bonds. This puts him in swimming trunks. This means his back is exposed.

He's supposed to have a giant freaking Brand there. I'm willing to bet anything that the developers weren't dedicated enough to include it. Seeing as Spotpass characters use Avatar models anyway, I HIGHTLY doubt they'd make a special case for him. But still, an interesting thing to note.

They didn't even give him his helm to wear (which I'm really disappointed in).

And don't even get me started on the whole 'Generals can't use swords in this game, so you can't give him a forged sword named Alondite' issue.

They didn't even give him his helm to wear (which I'm really disappointed in).

And don't even get me started on the whole 'Generals can't use swords in this game, so you can't give him a forged sword named Alondite' issue.

you wouldn't want him as a general anyway, the class model is garbage