Ugh, more patching problems.

Florete

Only this time with Thracia 776. I patched it succesfully, but the game is really glitchy now. I have to skip the opening map sequence or it will freeze, and all the character pages are bugging out. Help?

Make sure it's uncompressed this time >.>

There's a total of four ROMs you can technically use, not counting the Chinese translation. There's the Nintendo Power dump as well as the commerical ROM dump (usually titled 'V.ROM'). So once you've gotten the correct patch, make sure you use it on a ROM with/without a header, as one or the other is required by Shaya, as he had one when he made his patch (for some strange, strange reason...).

The latter, I'll assume, is your problem. When you boot the game in ZSNES or Snes9X, unless you disabled the option, it should tell you its header "status" if memory serves. Alternatively, you could looks up a tool to remove/insert a header. SNESTool is the only thing I remember, but that thing is beyond archaic, so romhacking.net might have something better.

To shorten, you have the ROM you don't need, as there are two versions and two patches, and then these ROMs may need their header removed in order to work. If this combination doesn't yield anything, you'll want to download the ROM from an entirely different site and try again :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...