2nd Playthrough Planning

Gamer7625

So I just beat the game for the first time after getting it at the beginning of the week finally. I loved the game and, since this was my first game, I didn't want to grind TOO much, even though I did some to an extent. I'd like some help or advice on planning a team for my next playthrough. Since I am sure people have more knowledge on this than I do, I would like to see what people have to say first.

Normal mode like my first time playing through and yes I plan on grinding. I did some in my first playthrough (Noire ending up as a Dark Knight with an amazing 74 Health at Level 20 was my end result) but since I am now familiar with the characters and such I wanted to do a more involved playthrough instead of __________ looks cool let's try them lol.

Without DLC's you should start by turning characters to barbarians to get them Despoil (Vaike, Gregor and Male Avatar). That can win you great amounts of gold. Turn Donnel to Mercenary for Armsthrift and give him a Leif's sword for the same reason (with Armsthrift the Leif's Sword should last you long enough to have grinded like 15 bullions). If you get a War Cleric/Priest (Lissa, Maribelle or Libra) you can Rally Luck for greater chances. Other than that, normal mode and grinding will make it easy enough.

EDIT: I forgot Reeking boxes are way cheaper in easy, so you can get great profit from using them.

Edited by paladin21

I've done the Reeking Box thing and I really had no problems with money my last playthrough once we got into the Walhart stuff.

Here is what I have as a draft for a team so far, any advice?

Chrom-Great Lord

Skills: Dual Strike, Dual Guard, Charm, Rightful King, Aether

Dante-Grandmaster (Avatar)

Skills: Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Sol, Luna, Ignis (Veteran for training in Luna’s place)

Lissa-Valkyrie

Skills: Miracle, Tomefaire, Rally Magic, Rally Resistance, Dual Support

Sumia-Falcon Knight

Skills: Speed +2, Lancefaire, Rally Speed, Rally Movement, Galeforce

Tharja-Sorcerer

Skills: Hex, Anathema, Tomebreaker, Vengeance, Luna

Tiki-Manakete

Skills: Strength +2, Odd Rhythm, Quick Burn, Slow Burn, Wyrmsbane, Lifetaker

Lucina-Great Lord

Father-Chrom; Mother-Sumia

Skills: Dual Strike, Charm, Rightful King, Galeforce, Aether (From Father)

Morgan-Grandmaster

Father-Dante; Mother-Tharja

Skills: Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Vengeance (From Mother), Ignis (From Father), Galeforce (Veteran for training in Galeforce’s place)

Owain-Swordmaster

Father-Vaike; Mother-Lissa

Skills: Avoid +10, Miracle (From Mother), Astra, Sol (From Father), Swordfaire

Inigo-Hero

Father-Fredrick; Mother-Olivia

Skills: Luck +4 (From Mother), Patience, Sol, Luna (From Father), Armsthrift

Cynthia-Dark Flyer

Father-Chrom; Mother-Sumia

Skills: Speed +2, Galeforce, Rally Movement, Rally Speed (From Mother), Aether (From Father)

Gereme-Wyvern Lord

Father-Gaius; Mother-Cherece

Skills: Strength +2, Locktouch (From Father), Deliverence (From Mother), Swordbreaker, Renewal

This may seem strange but I actually gave him Locktouch in my first playthrough and it worked nicely given his tankiness.

Noire-Dark Knight

Father-Dante; Mother-Tharja

Skills: Skill +2, Lifetaker, Hex, Anathema, Ignis (From Father)