Monster Hunter: What Weird DLC Would You Like To See?

Disinnocence

So, as(people who bought it, or know about it)know, MH came out yesterday.

And, there was some DLC on it.

But, anyway, more to the point, what kind of weird DLC would you like to see on MH?

I'd like to see a dual giant Deviljho quest... XD

Looking at the strategy guide I got with it and the quest list the day before it came out I think their is a dual DevilJho quest later on in the star tiers.

Well, there was a Dual Deviljho Event Quest back in MH3, in it was pretty hard(luckily, I had some good friends who knew how to do it).

I'm just wondering if there's a Dual GIANT Deviljho quest.

I never finished the that Event Quest, probably I never got a good team with it. XD

It would be neat to get some tiny monsters, maybe in a hoard, since they're so small I think it'd be easy to control

maybe some DLC monsters from previous titles that they didn't include in here, like the crabs. I'd like to see the crabs again.

other'n'that no idea. as long as they keep it interesting that's all I care about ~'3'~

I would like to see no DLC because I hate the concept of it.

i could start an argument about why dlc is not necessarily satan, but how it is commonly done is indeed satan, and how you obviously aren't thinking what you said through

but i'll just say that you really aren't thinking what you're saying through

all monster hunters thus far have had dlc quests that usually entail gimmicks or are very, very hard, and have cool rewards like themed equipment, and they're all free

trent: if they made something like workig the crabs into mh3u and making them dlc that'd probably be paid dlc

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

Crossover monsters to draw the casual (my) eye

*waits for /shot*

I would like to see no DLC because I hate the concept of it.

The thing is, DLC is a tool. It can theoretically be used to deliver content that otherwise wouldn't have made it into the full-fledged game due to time and/or other resources running out, or it can (theoretically) be used to hold content that could easily have been in the base game hostage for more money.

Basically the only way something can be added to a game after its release is either a patch, effectively the equivalent of unpaid DLC, or paid DLC.

Now, the more content a game is willing to add free post-release, the cooler, but that shit does require somebody get paid to develop it unless the game's self-published and they have nothing else to do or whatever, so a game that just keeps adding and adding things asked for by its players is going to be really well-remembered, but if they don't make money of it then, well, they're going to be losing money making those things that they could've spent on something else. Either way, there's only so much that can be done before the developers need more money if they're going to keep adding content or it'll become unsustainable.

Adding content is not itself bad, or even I think inherently worthy of any form of distaste. It's just all developers have to walk a balance between knowing what they can do for release, what they can add afterwards, how much they'll have to spend on it, and how much is necessary (or, in the scummy cases, how much can they work people over) to get.

• 2 weeks later...