Weapon tier list

Espinosa

Don't Beaststones and Dragonstones technically count as weapons?

Claws are 'weapons' too I guess.

Bows need a boost in self-esteem, so we should include Claws on the tier list. Bows beat Claws simply on the basis that playable units can use them.

I have to disagree. I very rarely use staves, and I'm doing fine. They are nice to have, but far from mandatory.

Really, depends on what you like the game to be.

Is it mandatory in the sense to complete the game? No, staves do no DMG, does no work on enemies.

However, in terms of play efficiency, as well as a Rewind button of sorts (Oh shit, I fucked up with placement -- Lolrescue. Oh shit, Frederick got assploded by quadruple wyverns -- Lolphysic), there are just some utility staves can provide that weapons cannot.

Staves makes the game more bearable (Playing desert map without Rescue? I applaud your patience, especially when you're a huge cavalry user), and contributes to strategy.

Can I brute force it with DLC grind + Elixirs and tonics? Sure.

Would that be fun for me? No, not really, so I stick to my fortify staves and rescues and I'll consider them mandatory, thank you.