European website and demo

Miatt

I liked the German translation quite a bit so far. Even more than I thought, to be honest.

By the way, I noticed that the Avatar's default name is Robin in the German version, despite the website stating Daraen as the default. Is that the case in other versions (French, Italian, Spanish) as well?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the German translation quite a bit so far. Even more than I thought, to be honest.

By the way, I noticed that the Avatar's default name is Robin in the German version, despite the website stating Daraen as the default. Is that the case in other versions (French, Italian, Spanish) as well?

O___O

In the italian website MU is listed as Robin, but he's Daraen in the actual game.

Nintendo, wtf?

They're called Daraen in the Spanish version as well. I wonder what was wrong with Robin...?

The Spanish translation seems pretty good, by the way. The demo was pretty nice, but not being able to choose a female Avatar was kind of disappointing!

Kinda odd, was there a Japanese audio in the NA demo? Because the only fear i got is that the EU version wont have dual Audio, since i couldnt find anything about it on the web...

It is confirmed on the official website. A small text at the bottom of the German page says so, at least.

Kinda odd, was there a Japanese audio in the NA demo? Because the only fear i got is that the EU version wont have dual Audio, since i couldnt find anything about it on the web...

As far as I know, all european Nintendo sites (except for the british one) have a memo at the bottom of the FE page that the text will only be in (insert EU language here), and that the voices will be available in englisch and japanese.

So far I tried normal and hard. Hard was already a lot tougher than normal. Normal was kinda too easy.

I'm trying lunatic next and expect to die.

Edited by Lexington

It is confirmed on the official website. A small text at the bottom of the German page says so, at least.

Ah, just visited the German Page and yeah, deep down at the bottom it clearly says Jap and Eng Dub. Imma happy nao because i want to play Japanese Games with Their Original Japanese Dub full of emotions xD

Wait wait wait

Playing hard mode, My Unit got a level up +2 HP. I gave him HP asset true, but does that raise his HP growth over 100? I checked on SF and... His HP growth should be 95. How come he got a +2?

Seen the clips on Youtube on the European channels. Because I like learning new words and I kinda wished there was a French translation in Canada.

Things I liked in the French translation-

Saint-Royaume d'Ylisse? Les Veilleurs? The French Translation makes me wish there was a French translation here in Canada! And according to the French info, Pair Up is called Duo. Brave weapons are Héros weapons, is that constant with French translations? And hey, I kinda expected Clerics to be called Soeurs! Also, the Master Seal is called the magister... *looks up Google* Oh hey, that is awesome! More reasons why I could've liked a French translation around here! And the Second Seal is scholaris... Here's from wiktionary. Why does the French version has the cooler names?! ...Also, were Priests always called Vicaire in French translations? ...Moine Guerrier? YES. And Baladin for trickster? Works with the jester motif of the clothing. Were Swordsmasters always called bretteur? *The word fits.* And Dark Knights are Paladin Noir? SEXY. Crochetage... I didn't knew the French work for lockpicking! Tantivy is Indépendance... I could work with that. Quick Burn is Adrénaline- why didn't they used that?! Swordbreaker is Anti-Épee, that's pretty cool. Healtouch is Main guérisseuse and the Rally skills are Raliement: ___. Kinda like that. Also, ___faire is art des ____. More on classes... Tacticians are Stratège, which means strategist. ...Taguel is Tagüel, looking pretty metal to me. Villager is of course villageois... Did I ever said French language is awesome? Also, they're using the Walkyrie spelling. More metal.

Listed growths are known to be inaccurate. See this thread.

And to think I saw that topic in the list this evening, and I didn't open it...

Well, I don't think the growths listed in the site are so different from reality, so I guess I hit a... what, 5, 10% of probability? In the freakin' demo, of course .-.

Because I had fun.

Next up...Spanish. I've took classes so I can understand some of it.

Sacro Reino De Ylisse? SEXAY. And it's Príncipe Chrom? Me-OW! Custodios... Yeah, that works. And Agrupación? Niiiice. ...Brave weapons are Valor in Spanish? Duuuude, I would've like that instead of Brave (and Héros)! Sacredotisa... wow, I didn't remember Spanish sounding THAT elegant. Sello maestro... Still prefer the French one, as badass as this sounds. Segundo selle... Again, French is more badass. Caballero Oscuro is epic-sounding.

I'd say more, but...

I wanna hear your opinion about Italian :P Surprisingly they used some cool alternative terms to translate names like the classes, instead of going 1:1 with english terms like "Swordman" ==> "Man Sword" in italian (actually that's how it's listed in the official site -.-")

Im curious if we can switch between Dialogue text languages or are we bout to stick to our regional languages? I dont really want to play it in German i prefer playing all my games in English text.

If it isn't already, try switching your 3DS to be in English in its settings menu. If that fails, perhaps try changing your region to the UK or Australia in the settings menu and redownload it to see if you get the English version?

If it isn't already, try switching your 3DS to be in English in its settings menu. If that fails, perhaps try changing your region to the UK or Australia in the settings menu and redownload it to see if you get the English version?

Well, maybe that could work for the demo version but i wonder if its the same for the retail purchased one? Argh man, i should be happy to even play this game after years of waiting and all i care is to play it like an Anime lol.

Well, maybe that could work for the demo version but i wonder if its the same for the retail purchased one? Argh man, i should be happy to even play this game after years of waiting and all i care is to play it like an Anime lol.

if worst comes to worst, you could just try buying the UK downloadable full version, assuming my hypothesis about being able to specifically get the English demo through region altering is correct

kind of a shame this sort of thing is necessary but oh well

if worst comes to worst, you could just try buying the UK downloadable full version, assuming my hypothesis about being able to specifically get the English demo through region altering is correct

kind of a shame this sort of thing is necessary but oh well

Yeah thats true, but im no real Fan of those digital downloads...I grew up with Games to be buyed in a package with the smell of the Game Manual. It...just doesnt seems right to download it...But yeh, if worst comes worst, i just have to import from the UK and im happi.

Pffiou

I cleared the lunatic mode. At last. I feel pretty good. Mouahaha. But it's really painful to overuse frederick.

I was a bit surprised the first time i got exterminated in lunatic because it's called "expert" in French and enemy units doesn't have weird skills as expeted....

The 3D is pretty amazing to me (Cinematics are cool and the prologue map is O_O) and no-feet people are not a trouble at all. Even the FPS view is OK.

The English voices are a bit messy IMO but japanese will be there for me so no worry at all.

@SPSEliwoodGabriel

I quite please be the french translation. Humor is present in the subtitles.

Yes, brave weapons is call Epée heros, Hache héros, Lance héros,...

For the clerics it is a bit messy

Fe 7: Serra = Prêtre (priest)

Lucius= Moine (Monk)

Fe8 :Arthur= Moine (Monk)

Natasha=Clerc (Cleric)

Moulder=Prêtre (priest)

So Soeur for Lissa is OK but Vicaire for Priest is weird. A vicaire is an assistant for priest but it's a really specific and unused word. Why not "Prêtre"?

Magister was already in Fe8. Scholaris is fine but wasn't it the french word for "arm scroll", i don't remember...

All the translation are nice but Anti-épée... Naaaaah "Brise-lame" (Fe7 Swordslayer axe) is far better...

Scholaris is fine but wasn't it the french word for "arm scroll", i don't remember...

The Arms Scroll's French name is "Martialis", at least in FE10 and FE11; it could've easily changed for FE13. It doesn't matter all that much, but oh well.