Wake

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the weapons, overall?

2. 2. Do you like the magic, overall?

• Heck Yes!!!
    • Kind of.
    • Not really
    • HELL NO!

Okay, so this is simple. Post your opinions on the weapons in awakening. Uses, designs, required weapon level, etc.

For instance: I enjoy most of the weapons in the game. The designs were cool for the most part, but I was confused at the lack of missing weapons from the older games. Heavy spear, dragon axe, etc.

I swear, if the Mods manage to up my warn levels smite me for this, i shall lurk forevermore.

EDIT: added magic poll.

Edited by Darkrai the Tactician

I swear, if the Mods manage to up my warn levels smite me for this, i shall lurk forevermore.

Don't taunt me. That's bad form.

ANYWAY the answer is yes.

(*sighs*)

YES!!!*coughs*

Sorry. I just despise getting warned when I, with my OBVIOUSLY unbiased opinion, clearly know that I am right.

The question is about the weapon spread. Are you mad that the super niche stuff like Heavy Spears and Dragon Axes didn't make it from FE8 into FE13 or are you content with the variety of weaponry offered? Additionally, do you think the weapons look like bad or look like cool?

Weapon design is really awesome, but the spell animations do nothing for me.

I agree, mostly. I liked a couple of the spell animations (Valflame, Forsety, Book of Naga, ETC), but for the most part, I can't say repetitive enough to be accurate.

The question is about the weapon spread. Are you mad that the super niche stuff like Heavy Spears and Dragon Axes didn't make it from FE8 into FE13 or are you content with the variety of weaponry offered? Additionally, do you think the weapons look like bad or look like cool?

Ohh.

I am not mad about lack of Heavy Spears and junk like that. Cuz in reality, i rarely use those kinds of weapons. I end up selling my Hammers and Wyrmslayers anyway because of Wyrmsbane skills and the Falchions. Magic spanks a lot of armors so meh Hammers.

The old staples are back and those were the ones i liked the most. Silver, Brave, Killer, etc. I also dig the magic. The magic that appeared in the Tellius games is back and thats cool. I like the Brave style magic too and the legacy weapons. Those are fun.

Also those wacky ones like the Glass weapons, Towering Bow, and shit like that are really fun especially to forge with. AND LOG! Log is my homie.

Yes, I love the weapons in this game! I miss some from RD that weren't in it, but still. You got to use weapons that belonged to past characters and then there's the silly ones like the log that you could sell for some extra gold. lol

I like a lot of the weapons. I like the weapon designs, but I do miss heavy spears because it feels missing to have spears, but not heavy spears. They could at least power up the spear a bit.

I like a lot of the weapons. I like the weapon designs, but I do miss heavy spears because it feels missing to have spears, but not heavy spears. They could at least power up the spear a bit.

Heavy Spears had less MT than Steels, so I'm not sure what you mean by power up? They were just a lance-based Armorslayer that showed up for a brief time.

I wish dragonpikes and dragonaxes were still in, just so every type of the weapon triangle had effective weapons for two types of enemies. I don't miss the heavy spear because the beast killer usually targets the same enemy (great knights) and generals can be handled by the two armor-effective weapons. The missing longsword/zanbato/halberd similarly give lances a unique niche as the only beastslaying weapon short of taguels with Beastbane.

Also I think the spells are hella cool. I like the short-but-sweet animations and Arcfire gives me lady boner.

mostly just trivial stuff like

They could have made a wing spear and have it be Caeda's legacy weapon.

drop weak gimmick weapons for light magic.

easier access to stronger ranged lances and axes.

give thunder and fire magic effectiveness to units types.

stuff like that

They should have had an axe lance and sword for bonus damage against armor, wyrm, and beast other than that it is fine (Would like S rank back...)

Magic on the other hand... has more than just some problems I need my light magic and why can't we get light >dark >anima back w/ an internal anima triangle? -_-

Edit can't spell...

Edited by Dragrath

The main weapon designs are good, but some of the 'niche' ones are a bit odd. I'm not sure what's going on with the beast slayer, javelin, and spear. As far as functionality goes, it seems like they've really simplified weapon types.

Edited by Alg

Yes. Aside from the lack of light magic, the lack of ranged swords and the magical weapons are on the WTF level (ditch Levin Sword and Shockstick and give us back Sonic Sword and Flame Lance, and maybe add back PoR's unused Bright Bow), they are very well designed. They follow FE conventions in terms of might and hit (for example, in terms of hit, Axe>Lance>Sword and Thunder>Fire>Wind) and unlike the previous games, they don't give or take weapon levels for no reason (rank B Master Axe, rank E Steel Axe, uneven ranks among Radiant Dawn weapons). Statistically, the weapon data are better than ever.

And yeah, I'd like weapon effectiveness given to thunder and fire too. Especially fire, since their slighly lower-than-thunder might and lack of features (like thunder's critical, wind's effectiveness and dark's special attributes) make them less desirable.

Design-wise, they look great too. They look great (and we can look at their models up close too) and personality-filled.

The Brave weaponry designs look odd to me, but that's it. I just...don't quite get what it's supposed to be. Ribbons?

They're supposed to be made of the same material as the rest of the weapon body. They're designed that way to make them lightweight, thus allowing the strikers to move fast enough to strike twice. The downside is that they are also very easy to break if not handled properly, and therefore only those highly experienced with the respective weapon types can use them.

Info from the art book.

I don't mind the weapon spread and stats, minus ranged weapons being really weak.

How most weapons look, on the other hand, really irks me. I think the bronze weapons look awful, and the spear, javelin, and hand axe aren't much better. I also dislike the redesign of the killer weapons. Adding that on to generally sub-par magic animations results in pretty disappointing looking weapons, at least in my opinion.