Wake

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the weapons, overall?

2. 2. Do you like the magic, overall?

• Heck Yes!!!
    • Kind of.
    • Not really
    • HELL NO!

The magic animations could have been better(I miss GBA Flux), but overall I liked the weapons. The Falchion redesign confused me at first, but I grew to like it.

Javelins, on the other hand, are no. Just no. Most others I liked, though.

Overall: weapons good. Magic less good.(This is a personal opinion. please do not hurt me.)

The weapons are interesting though some of them I question like Armad. As for magic, I simply love them. Though I wish there was light magic. Also although I know the legendary magic is really impressive I wish we had something like Radiant Dawn SS lvl magic. That stuff was epic!

Oh, Thank you! I too question why Armads looks like an advertisement for minecraft.

The Hauteclere(I think) was also somewhat confusing. I expected both of those axes to be more... testosterone-y, you know? More axelike.

If all the anima had bonus damage...

Thunder-bonus damage to armor..

Fire-Bonus damage to beast...

-magic just got more op...

on a serious note I'm a fan of the superior wepons They need more uses I'm thinking 20 and then treat them as a rarer standard weapon that enemies can use (personally) that would be nice to see in future FE...

on a serious note I'm a fan of the superior wepons They need more uses I'm thinking 20 and then treat them as a rarer standard weapon that enemies can use (personally) that would be nice to see in future FE...

That would indeed be interesting... especially if an enemy had... say a superior lance and axebreaker. That would certainly mess with some people's plans.

By the way, I miss Axereaver, Swordreaver and lancereaver.

Is there such thing as Weapon Design Addicts Anonymous?!

Not surprised if there really is one. Some people are interested in weapon design in fiction. That'd not be me, although I do want to see FE weapons well-designed.

That would indeed be interesting... especially if an enemy had... say a superior lance and axebreaker. That would certainly mess with some people's plans.

I like the idea. It won't stop me though, since I use Dragonstone+ to attack almost everything. The only thing that can stop me is Aegis.

By the way, I miss Axereaver, Swordreaver and lancereaver.

I do too.

Iron, Steel, and Silver swords look the same to me. I find it odd. Magic animations are kinda meh from what I've seen so far other than Wind since it's blades of wind and not just just ball of fire/thunder/darkness. Not that I ever use wind magic. >_>

As for class effective weapons like Hammers and Wyrmslayers, I just hold on to them and never use them since I can't stand the fact that I might have to attack an enemy that isn't affected by them on the enemy phase. I'd rather just use Steel weapons and standard 1-2 weapons. Especially Steel weapons.

The lack of non-Levin/Amatsu/Ragnell 1-2 range swords is disappointing. I rather liked the Wind swords from FE10 even if their hit rate was ass but it did give swordies some extra offense/defense.

I never forge anything or use any of the legacy/unique/joke equipment I stumble upon on those sparkly tiles. They just sit in the convoy never to be used.

I actually really like the look of the Bronze weapons although isn't bronze supposed to be stronger and more durable than iron? It is right? ...Right?

The weapon design is pretty cool overall, but Magic animations were lackluster. They should've been Radiant Dawn-level flashy, especially the Holy Spells (Like Valflame, Naga, and Forseti, Mjolnir should've simply used Rexbolt's animation), and Rexcalibur should've been... Rexcalibur. Dark magic should've been more imposing looking (where the hell is the ball of death from the intro cutscene!?) and Ruin should not have been Mind Spike, although, then again, that's a pretty clever reference.

I actually really like the look of the Bronze weapons although isn't bronze supposed to be stronger and more durable than iron? It is right? ...Right?

IIRC iron is harder to work with (and produces better results) than bronze. There's a reason we, historically, worked with bronze before iron.

My beef with non brave A-rank weapons is that, stat boosts aside, they are kinda underwhelming, especially in postgame where forged B-rank and legacy weapons are so much better.

eh

Ragnell/Gradivus/Valflame/Forseti/Helswath have their advantages even over brave weapons, and a few others (Gungnir, Hauteclere, Parthia) at least beat out their forged silver/legacy counterparts

Edited by shadykid

I am not going to say that I don't like Amatsu and Ragnell being throwing swords, but WTf IS? Give us pimping physical throwing swords, but make them incredibly rare?

I had to play IR 15 times to get Ragnell. However, now my spotpass team is legit. It seems like they are just more effort then they're worth.

Heck yes to both!

Not that bothered with the lack of light magic, since dark magic is in (and I love the "dark and forbidden" kind of stuff when it comes to RPGs).

Also, there's finally a class that can use both axes and tomes! X3

Edited by Folt

IIRC iron is harder to work with (and produces better results) than bronze. There's a reason we, historically, worked with bronze before iron.

Ah. Right right. Now I remember.

eh

Ragnell/Gradivus/Valflame/Forseti/Helswath have their advantages even over brave weapons, and a few others (Gungnir, Hauteclere, Parthia) at least beat out their forged silver/legacy counterparts

Yeah, but you only get most of those once when going through the story, and since the only other way to make use of the legendary weapons is to either have someone with armsthrift use or grind Infinite Regalia.

imo Silver/Brave/legacy weapons>legendary because most of the spotpass teams are out now and you can just buy them there, and because of time spent doing IR over and over. But to each their own.