Today's my birthday, soooo....

Happy birthday!

Pay attention to when the bosses say reinforcements are coming. On all difficulties above normal the reinforcements can perform an action as soon as they appear.

Good luck.

They don't warn you all the time though. You'll also have to learn to anticipate where they'll appear (forts, stairs, your starting point, random spots from the sides on maps with openings [meaning they wont bust through the walls on indoor maps, but they may come from a passageway or something])

Edited by Pikachu

Also, if you have it, I'd recommend using EXPonential Growth and level grind a bit. Hard Mode isn't impossible, but it will become more manageable if your men have a slight level advantage.

Happy birthday!

Pay attention to when the bosses say reinforcements are coming. On all difficulties above normal the reinforcements can perform an action as soon as they appear.

Good luck.

They don't warn you all the time though. You'll also have to learn to anticipate where they'll appear (forts, stairs, your starting point, random spots from the sides on maps with openings [meaning they wont bust through the walls on indoor maps, but they may come from a passageway or something])

Thank you! That's something I have a tad bit of issue with, since I do get lax in paying attention to where things come in. Well, learning experience, right? Haha.

Also, if you have it, I'd recommend using EXPonential Growth and level grind a bit. Hard Mode isn't impossible, but it will become more manageable if your men have a slight level advantage.

Indeed I do. Glad I sprung for it the other day, now.

A very happy birthday to you, Silver! Enjoy another trip around the sun! NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Oh yeah, definitely watch out for reinforcements in Hard. But besides that, it's not painfully difficult... or so I've heard (just got it, still on Normal).

Happy Birthday!

It it helps allieve you, I jumped right into hard mode. The first few chapters (Chp 5, Maribelle's) are by far the hardest. I would highly suggest grinding a bit on Risen and in the Outrealm gate if you get have DLC, because this game is unrelenting when to magic users in general. But beware: too much grinding and the game's difficulty dies a painful death, so it's your call to make.

And you should set your MU to have a birthday today as well, so you can get that bonus after Ch 4 when you unlock the barracks. ;)