Gaiden Chapters

Umm, what are the point of Gaiden Chapters? You have to kill off some of your characters, but you only get 1 back in return from the chapter...

Also, is it possible to get ALL characters available in the game, since there is a rental character system?

Umm, what are the point of Gaiden Chapters? You have to kill off some of your characters, but you only get 1 back in return from the chapter...

Also, is it possible to get ALL characters available in the game, since there is a rental character system?

So bad players who get all their characters killed have a chance to obtain another character. Basically they're to help you've lost a lot of your units. In FE 7 gaiden chapters were a reward, in this game they're compensation.

No, you can't "trade" people >.>

So bad players who get all their characters killed have a chance to obtain another character. Basically they're to help you've lost a lot of your units. In FE 7 gaiden chapters were a reward, in this game they're compensation.

This is exactly what it is. They're to give you back-up, not to give you a clap on the back. If you get a Gaiden without trying, you're a shitty player :[ It's funny, though, that it seems to be such an issue with a lot of fans about the dying bit--just because it's different doesn't mean it's crap. Like I've said about every other thing about New Ankoku (FE1 DS), after ten games in the series, a new change every now and then is welcomed.

I'll still try Gaiden chapters anyway. Also, is Athena really worth 10 of your units?

Kinda a spoiler, but how many people can you bring to endgame? If anyone has gotten that far.

Apparently to download a Rental character, you must have recruited them. So no, you can't get every character in one playthrough.

Also, yeah, I think the gaiden requirements are silly : /

Apparently to download a Rental character, you must have recruited them. So no, you can't get every character in one playthrough.

Very! I'm used to getting all the characters and trying them out. It doesn't worrk If they all have to be dead by 6x

Wait, so what if I upload a character online and download it into another FE DS?

There is no trading or switching of any kind, that I've heard of. You can build your teams with a save file you have on the game, and that's the only way, save rental units. A self-contained one-cart kinda thing :/

I'll still try Gaiden chapters anyway. Also, is Athena really worth 10 of your units?

I personally don't think so, but as there's already 10 units worth of crap by that time, it's up to you :/

Kinda a spoiler, but how many people can you bring to endgame? If anyone has gotten that far.

Normal Mode I could bring in 15 units total.

IMO, not really....All her growths are lower than Navarre's.

Edited by Fireman

Actually I think the 10 dead requirement is differenet and actually a good idea, because this game throws enough unit's to have a great end game, it's not like SS in terms of units. There's enough to go around and get killed.

It's not 10 dead anymore. The sites been updated; to get gaiden chapters, you have to have at MAX 15 characters by the end of the chapter.

So wait, 15 characters have to be dead to reach 6x, awesome, TAKE THAT YOU PEFECTIONIST

So wait, 15 characters have to be dead to reach 6x, awesome, TAKE THAT YOU PEFECTIONIST

No. You need less than 15 characters alive in your party by the end of chapter 6 to unlock all four of the first four Gaiden chapters.

No. You need less than 15 characters alive in your party by the end of chapter 6 to unlock all four of the first four Gaiden chapters.

And how many members do you have in your party by then

That's to reach each successive Gaiden. Alternatively, if you don't want to lose so many so fast, I'm sure you can lose ten, and then however many is required for the next, and so on, rather than flushing them away immediately >.<

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, slow down there.

You need less than 15 characters to unlock each gaiden, or does having less than 15 "unlock all four of the first four gaidens"?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, slow down there.

You need less than 15 characters to unlock each gaiden, or does having less than 15 "unlock all four of the first four gaidens"?

I wasn't far and I just put what Vincent put in the Gaiden chapters part of the FEDS section and had there, I hadn't expected it to be right but meh.

Sounds like they'd be great for new players who are getting rocked, or for players who can handle characters dying. But for me, I can't let anyone go, so I suppose I'll never hit the Gaiden chapters.

So anyway, to get to chapter 6x you need to have 15 or less units alive by the end of the chapter?

Personally don't think so, there is no way to have more than 15 units in the party (yet I couldn't hit the gaiden chapter), and killing 10 people on your team is kind of stupid u.u;

I'm on my second playtrough and I'm doing All Gaidens...

X_X I'm with 15 Units I'm killing at least 2 chars per chapter... If a Recruit a Good One I need to kill one of the older... (Marich died this way T_T)

When I'm finished I'm no doing it again... it's not worth killing you Units like Pawns >_> to get one...