A question of preferences between Shamans, Monks and Dark Mages.

S.C. Amigo

So, in Genealogy of the Holy War, the Shaman and Dark Mage classes made their debut. Shamans used Light Magic and Dark Mages used Dark Magic. Then, came the GBA games where the Dark Mages took a hike, the Shamans replaced them as the Dark Magic class and Monks were brought in as the Light Magic class. Then, in the remake of the Akaneia games, and it's sequel, Awakening, Dark Mages came back. So, clearly both classes are tied together.

Now, let's say hypothetically, the next game is a whole new verse with a Light/Anima/Dark Magic Triangle. And the promotion for both Light and Dark classes would be like Awakening's Sorcerer with their own brand of magic + Anima Magic? As in, no promotions to Bishop, or something. So, I present you these options.

The first would be like the Jugdral games of Shamans using Light Magic and Dark Mages or possibly being called Warlocks, if needed, using Dark Magic.

*Shaman (Light Magic)

**Druid (Light Magic and Anima Magic)

*Dark Mage [or Warlock] (Dark Magic)

**Sorcerer (Dark Magic and Anima Magic)

The second option is to split the Shamans into two, separate classes:

*Light Shaman (Light Magic)

**Druid (Light Magic and Anima Magic)

*Dark Shaman (Dark Magic)

Or perhaps Monks should come back with a new promotion?

*Monk (Light Magic)

**Abbott (Light Magic and Anima Magic)

*Shaman (Dark Magic)

**Druid (Dark Magic and Anima Magic)

and the alternate of that.

*Monk (Light Magic)

**Abbot (Light Magic and Anima Magic)

*Dark Mage [or Warlock] (Dark Magic)

So, please, please, and please once more voice your opinions, as I'm trying to make a class list, and the names for this issue is bugging the crap put of me!

this would make me happy... though don't forget class bases laugh.gif

That was a joke. Classes really need to be streamlined and the fewer you have the better.

That was a joke. Classes really need to be streamlined and the fewer you have the better.

Ah, allow me to explain myself. I'm trying to make a class list based more off the Jugdral and Tellius games, and I remember the Bard and Shaman classes promoting to Sage, which used Light Magic and Anima Magic (plus Staves). And while the Dark Mage didn't actually promote to Dark Bishop, it was a stronger version of that class, and also used Dark Magic and Anima Magic (also with Staves), so I was basing it off those, you see.