No preorder bonus for Germany (and presumably other countries)

domflo

I recently wrote an eMail to Nintendo Germany in order to ask if there is going to be a preorder bonus for Germany as well, as there are more and more shops in different countries announcing one.

I just received a Mail from Nintendo, stating this:

Sehr geehrter Herr ***!

Dear Mr. ***!

Danke, dass Sie uns geschrieben haben.

Thanks for writing us.

Richtig, bald ist es soweit. Am 19.04.2013 soll "Fire Emblem: Awakening" auch in Deutschland erhältlich sein.

Correct, it will soon be here. On 19/04/2013, Fire Emblem: Awakening will also be available in Germany.

Es gibt weltweit Niederlassungen und Vertriebspartner von Nintendo. Diese sind voneinander unabhängig und die Angebote sowie Aktivitäten rund um unsere Produkte sind in den jeweiligen Ländern meist unterschiedlich. Von uns - Nintendo Deutschland - ist derzeit keine Vorbestellaktion geplant.

Nintendo's got subsidiaries and distributors all around the world. They act independently from each other and offers and activities involving our products often differ in each country. We - Nintendo Germany - have not planned a preorder bonus at the moment.

Aber wussten Sie schon, dass es den Titel sowohl separat erhältlich, als auch im Nintendo 3DS XL Fire Emblem: Awakening Limited Edition Pack, geben wird? Diese Spezialausgabe besteht aus einem blauen Nintendo 3DS XL, auf dem das Spiel bereits installiert und der mit dem Fire Emblem-Motiv geschmückt ist.

But did you know that this title is not only offered seperatly but will also be released as a "Nintendo 3DS XL Fire Emblem: Awakening Limited Edition Pack"? This special pack consists of a blue Nintendo 3DS XL, decorated with a Fire Emblem motive, and includes a pre-installed copy of the game.

Seit Gründonnerstag haben Sie die Möglichkeit eine kostenlose Demo-Version von "Fire Emblem: Awakening" aus dem Nintendo eShop herunter zu laden. So können Sie sich schon vor Release des Spiels, ein besseres Bild von dem Titel machen.

Since Maundy Thursday you also have the opportunity to download a free demo of "Fire Emblem: Awakening" from the Nintendo eShop. This allows you to experience the game even before it's released.

Wir empfehlen Ihnen unsere Homepage www.nintendo.de im Auge zu behalten, da wir hier immer rechtzeitig über alle Neuigkeiten rund um Nintendo informieren.

We suggest a visit of our homepage www.nintendo.de where we will keep you up to date about everything related to Nintendo.

Herzliche Grüße aus Großostheim

Greetings from Großostheim

Kathrin Kraft

Communication Center - Nintendo Deutschland - www.nintendo.de

This is your typical eMail you will get from Nintendo (with much useless or already well known information) but still, this is like the first eMail I got from Nintendo that helped me, although I kinda wanted it to be different from that.

Well, this basically means that I've got to import the game from Great Britain, which I really wanted to avoid, but oh well. This also means that it's unlikely for other countries where no preorder bonus has been announced so far to get one.

Really a shame that there will be no pre-order bonus in Germany and presumably other European countries, considering the fact that we pay (much) more than people in the US (39,99$ [~30€]) or Great Britain (£32,99 [~39€]). I don't think that 44,99€ is too much money for this game but they could at least give us this artbook. :(

Edited by domflo

Wow, that stinks. And yeah, Germany is a pretty expensive country, they should give you guys the artbook. I should know, I lived there for seven years and we almost always had to pay highish prices in German stores. >_<

But NoE is based in Germany. That was the whole reason for the time based restrictions nonsense in the E-Shop.

So if their head isn't responsible for the bonus, couldn't this mean that only the UK will get it because they were the ones to announce it?

Edited by BrightBow

But NoE is based in Germany. That was the whole reason for the time based restrictions nonsense in the E-Shop.

So if their head isn't responsible for the bonus, couldn't this mean that only the UK will get it because they were the ones to announce it?

Spain also announce it

Nintendo's Spanish section didn't distribute Kingdom Hearts 3D... but they take the initiative for some random preorder bonus. :wtf:

Edit:

Oh sorry, I guess I read that wrong. It's Nintendo Germany that takes independent action, not the ones who actually distribute it. At least, I guess that's what it's supposed to mean.

So, sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by BrightBow