FE13 Lords + Bows Playthrough

ZemZem

Chapter 3: Warrior Realm

Turns taken: 15

Supports:

Virion/Vanessa gets to B

Eaaaaasy chapter. Kellam and Sumia pair up and move out of the way while my team routs the entire place.

Chrom found Leif's Blade, YES. BULLIONS. And lol thanks to all the DEF Chrom gained PLUS Frederick Pair Up, the boss couldn't double him. He's pretty much invincible at this point, haha. He weakened the boss enough for Vanessa to kill her, and with some clever maneuvering, Chrom trading Frederick over to Vanessa made sure she would survive with 1 HP since Frederick gives 1 more point in DEF rather than Virion.

Chrom: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, DEF

HP, STR, SKILL

Vanessa: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD

HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

HP, SPD

Virion: STR, SKILL, LUCK

HP, SKILL, LUCK, DEF

Chrom is a fucking boss.

Vanessa's getting better

Virion hates my guts.

Paralogue 1: Sickle to Sword

Supports:
Chrom/Frederick gets to C

Got a bunch of renown awards because why not (energy drop, Ephraim's Lance, and Second Seal are appreciated, game), and forged Virion a bronze bow for shits and giggles named Edgy. Probably will go to Vanessa later after she reclasses to archer.

Easy chapter, and both the Rescue staff and killer lance were obtained. Chrom and Vanessa pretty much trivialize the game at this point, since they're just too good. No Donnel, but we don't really need him.

Man, these chapters are getting easier and easier. Virion gets the bosskill, since he really needs to catch up to the other two.

Level ups:

Vanessa: HP, MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

HP, STR, SPD, DEF, RES

HP, MAG, SKILL, LUCK

Chrom: HP, STR, SKILL, DEF

Virion: HP, STR, MAG

HP, STR

Chrom and Vanessa just keep on trucking. Virion really hates me.

Edited by ZMesu

BTW, Paralogue 1 took 15 turns. SF seems to be logging me out when I try to edit posts, which REALLY annoys me. Oh well.

Chapter 4: Two Falchions

Turns taken: 7

Supports:

Virion/Vanessa gets to A

Vanessa reclasses to archer at level 12, and gets to energy drop. Her stats are as followed, with the energy drop included:

HP: 28

STR: 15

MAG: 5

SKILL: 15

SPD: 16

LUCK: 9

DEF: 8

RES: 2

Yeah. She's pretty fucking boss. And she's everything Virion isn't: GOOD. Anyway, bought a few swords and bows at the armory and moved to the next chapter to take on Lucina Masked Marth.

At the start of the chapter, I did the usual Pair Up pairs and moved Vanessa to an event tile. And guess what she finds? Innes's Bow. I'm SO forging it and naming it Nidhogg when I get the chance.

Vanessa needs to raise her bow rank, so she takes the Edgy bow and annihilates pretty much anything she can attack. She can even 1RKO the knights. Chrom, of course, does his thing, and when the time to beat Masked Marth occurred, Chrom weakened her just enough for Virion to score the kill.

Level ups:

Chrom: HP, STR, SPD, DEF, RES

Vanessa: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, DEF

Virion: HP, SKILL, LUCK

Chrom is amazing, Vanessa is the best archer ever, and...

why does virion still exist

Edited by ZMesu

Damn, I'm stupid. Vanessa reclassed to archer at level 12, not 10. Man, why won't SF let me edit my posts without doing stupid shit like not logging me out as I do so. >_<

Chapter 5: The Exalt and the King

Turns taken: 17

This one actually took a few tries to get right, because Ricken and Maribelle were stupid to keep alive.

Basically, everyone rushed to where Ricken and Maribelle were, and pretty much baited out all of the incoming enemies. Maribelle healed when she was needed, and this is the first chapter where Frederick actually had to be used a bit other than being a Pair Up buddy. When things died down, Chrom and Maribelle paired up to get to work on their supports.

Event tiles? Maribelle and Ricken's relationship improved, and Virion found a Superior Jolt. Both are useless. Vanessa killed the boss and got to D bows.

Level ups:

Chrom: STR, SKILL, LUCK, DEF

HP, STR, MAG, LUCK

Vanessa: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, RES

HP, STR, MAG, SPD, LUCK

HP, STR, SKILL, LUCK, DEF, RES

HP: STR, SKILL, SPD

Virion: STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

Maribelle: HP, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, RES

Frederick: HP

Chrom is amazing, Vanessa is breaking the game, Virion actually got a GOOD level (great, really), gogogo Maribelle, and I don't think Frederick will be anything but a Pair Up buddy, so his level means zilch.

This is the easiest time I've had with a bow user run. Avatar is OP no matter WHAT you reclass him/her to. And even then, this is the most fun I've had with a bow user run. :D

Paralogue 2: The Secret Seller

Turns taken: 10

Supports:

Virion/Vanessa gets to S support, and now both are happily married.

Chrom/Frederick gets to A support

Anna can't dodge anything, so I had to reset once. Thankfully, this time around I got better levels for everyone. Event tiles made Chrom and Maribelle's relationship improve as well as Celica's Gale. Good stuff, though Celica's Gale is useless since Tharja is reclassing immediately.

Chrom and Maribelle go north to Anna while Frederick, Vanessa, and Virion sweep up everyone else, including Victor and his goons.

Level ups:

Chrom: HP, STR, SPD, DEF

Vanessa: HP, STR, SKILL, LUCK

SKILL, LUCK

Is Chrom's DEF supposed to be this high? O.O And Vanessa trolled me on the second level, but her stats are godly, anyway.

Supports:

Chrom/Maribelle gets to C support

Actually did a skirmish to train Virion up some, get Maribelle some EXP, and build up Chrom/Maribelle supports.

Level ups:

Virion: SKILL, LUCK, DEF

HP, SKILL, SPD

Chrom: HP, STR, SKILL, LUCK

Maribelle: MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, RES

Vanessa: HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, DEF

Virion's were meh, Chrom's was okay, Maribelle's was great (<3), and Vanessa's was great. On second thought, I don't think I'll do skirmishes. :P

Chapter 6: Foreseer

Turns taken: 9

Masked Marth had to retreat, but we didn't really need her. Frederick protected Emmeryn, Gaius, and Panne as they hid in the small room while Chrom, Virion, and Vanessa killed mooks. Pretty much I baited all the enemies to me, and Vanessa was the one to kill Validar. And with that, she got to C bows. Innes's Bow time.

Simple chapter.

Level ups:

Vanessa: HP, MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

They both just keep on trucking.

Man, I'm just dishing these out like pizzas.

Chapter 7: Incursion

Turns taken: 8

Supports:

Chrom/Maribelle gets to B support

Chrom pretty much kills everything, and Vanessa picks out what he can't get to. Cordelia comes and pairs up with Frederick, but I don't think I'll use her for Severa. In fact, I don't think I'll pair Olivia, either. Gregor's instapromoting and supporting with Tharja, I know that, but I don't think I'll need Severa and Inigo. As much as I want to use Severa.

Anyway, this chapter was pretty much a massacre.

Level ups:

Vanessa: HP, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

HP, SKILL, DEF

Chrom: HP, STR, SKILL

HP, STR, SKILL

Frederick: HP, LUCK, DEF

Maribelle: MAG, SKILL, LUCK, RES

Chrom's almost to level 20, and Maribelle and Vanessa got some cool levels. I'll post stats later.

Watch out, fellas. Deluge of updates comin'.

Paralogue 3: A Strangled Peace

Turns taken: 24

Supports:

Chrom/Vanessa gets to B support

I couldn't save the villagers, but really, who needs them? The reason why this took a while is so I could get Maribelle some EXP. Virion is getting better after every level, which is good.

Level ups:

Virion: HP, STR, MAG, LUCK, DEF

HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD

HP, SKILL, LUCK

Chrom: HP, STR, SPD, LUCK, RES

HP, SPD, DEF

Vanessa: HP, STR, MAG, RES

Frederick: HP, DEF

Maribelle: HP, SPD, LUCK, RES

And:

cwFZdON.jpg

Maribelle is the best ever. <3

Virion is Ronan incarnate.

Also, I think I'm gonna cram all of my progress into this post. I got pretty far, since I got all my homework done and I had nothing else to do.

Welp. Here's the big one.

-

Chapter 8: The Grimleal

Turns taken: 18

Supports:

Chrom/Maribelle gets to A support

Paralogue 3 was Fred's last chapter. Farewell buddy.

No matter what I could do, Nowi couldn't avoid combat. So, I paired Gregor up with her as the two trekked north to safety (and Nowi got an amazing level during all that, but it won't matter). Vanessa and Chrom did their thing, and Chrom was the first to promote using the western village master seal. Talk about broken. When it comes to runs like these, Chrom is a god.

Level ups:

Vanessa: STR, SKILL, LUCK

HP, MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, DEF

Maribelle: HP, MAG, SKILL, LUCK, DEF

-

Chapter 9: Emmeryn

Turns taken: 13

Supports:
Gregor/Nowi? Whatever.

Libra didn't make it. :( Well, on my first attempt he actually survived, but a stupid blunder on my part got Virion killed. Oh well, Libra had some cool stuff, but the game has unlimited amounts of those.

Chrom kills everything and eventually recruits Tharja, who immediately reclasses to archer as well as using an energy drop. Virion and Vanessa soon team up on the boss.

Level ups:

Vanessa: HP, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, DEF

HP, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

Chrom: HP, STR, LUCK, DEF

Virion: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, RES

SKILL, SPD, LUCK, DEF, RES

Maribelle: MAG, SPD, LUCK

-

Paralogue 4: Anna the Merchant

Turns taken: 17

Supports:
Chrom/Maribelle get to S support, and now the two are happily married.

Gregor (still unpromoted) and Tharja pair up to get Tharja some kills (she grows crazy fast, but it's a shame her stats kinda suck at this point), while Chrom with Maribelle truck upward to the boss, recruiting Anna on the way. This chapter took some time so Tharja could get fed some kills. Anna gets all chests but one because the damn thief was too fast.

Oh, and Vanessa promotes to sniper but not before capping STR, SKILL, and SPD. She's pretty kickass.

Level ups:

Tharja: HP, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, RES

HP, DEF

HP, SKILL, SPD

Chrom: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD

HP, STR, DEF

Vanessa: HP, SPD, LUCK, DEF

Maribelle: MAG, SKILL, LUCK

HP, MAG, SKILL, LUCK

-

Did three skirmishes because Tharja, Virion, and Maribelle need the EXP.

1st one's level ups:

Tharja: HP, MAG, SKILL, DEF

HP, MAG, LUCK, DEF

HP, SKILL, SPD, RES

Virion: MAG, SKILL, SPD

Gregor/Tharja gets to C support

2nd one's level ups:

Virion: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD

Chrom: HP, STR, SKILL, LUCK (just how many times did Chrom get this level)

Maribelle: STR, SKILL, RES

Tharja: HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD

HP, MAG, SKILL, SPD

Gregor/Tharja gets to B support

3rd one's levels:

Maribelle: MAG, LUCK

HP, MAG, SPD, LUCK

Vanessa: SKILL, SPD, LUCK

Tharja: HP, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, RES

-

Chapter 10: Renewal

Turns taken: 7

Chrom paired with Maribelle rushes to Mustafa. The only thief that got away was the one with the seraph robe. Thankfully, Chrom killed the thief with the master seal just in time before killing Mustafa.

Level ups:

Chrom: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

Tharja: SKILL, SPD, DEF

-

Chapter 11: Mad King Gangrel

Turns taken: 11

Supports:

Gregor/Tharja gets to A support

Olivia get. She pairs up with Anna to give each other a small boost. Gregor promotes using the master seal from C10, and his stats as a bow knight + Tharja support are still pretty good (15 STR + 5 from Tharja support is win, and he also got an arms scroll so he could have D bows.). This chapter got a bit overwhelming in some instances, but it was still manageable Chrom critkilled Gangrel with Leif's Blade, and every chest treasure but the one with the large bullion (thief got away) was obtained.

Oh, and Virion promoted, too, to sniper. He doesn't suck anymore!

Level ups:

Chrom: STR, MAG, SPD, LUCK, DEF

HP, STR, SKILL

Vanessa: HP, SPD

HP, STR, SKILL, SPD

Gregor: HP, STR, SPD

Anna: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, LUCK (I gave her a level and I didn't have a change seal yet. Oh well. ^^;)

-

Chapter 12: The Seacomers

Turns taken: 12

Cherche, unfortunately, was kind of a nuisance this chapter, but thankfully she didn't engage in combat in anyway. The entire chapter was pretty much Tharja and Virion/Vanessa blockading the central passage. Tharja got so many level ups on this chapter, it was pretty ridiculous.

Also, everyone in use leveled up. Even Olivia.

Level ups:

STR, DEF

Gregor: HP, SKILL, LUCK, RES

Virion: HP, SKILL (VIRION NO)

HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD

Olivia: SKILL, LUCK, RES

Maribelle: HP, MAG, SPD, LUCK, RES
Vanessa: SKILL

Tharja: HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD, DEF, RES

HP, STR, MAG, SPD, LUCK, DEF, RES

STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

HP, SPD

STR, RES

-

Chapter 13: Of Sacred Blood

Turns taken: 3

Supports:

Virion/Maribelle gets to C support

Gregor/Tharja gets to S support, and now the two are happily married.

Chrom/Maribelle rush to boss. I felt rather lazy this chapter.

We got Lucina, though! Her stats are pretty good, though Maribelle being her mom kinda hurts her.

Level ups:

Olivia: HP, STR, SKILL, LUCK

Tharja: HP, MAG

Chrom: HP, SKILL, LUCK, DEF

-

Paralogue 12: Disowned by Time

Turns taken: 11

Supports:

Chrom/Lucina gets to C support

Maribelle/Lucina gets to C support

Maribelle rescues Male!Morgan, who is then talked to by Vanessa. Having a lot of bow users made this chapter rather easy, because they are pretty much 1HKO'ed or 1RKO'ed the wyverns and griffons. Morgan and Tharja got quite a bit of EXP.

Anna reclasses to archer at the end of the chapter, and Tharja finally promotes to sniper.

Level ups:

Tharja: HP, STR, SKILL, RES

HP, SKILL, LUCK, DEF, RES

HP, MAG, LUCK

Gregor: HP, LUCK, DEF

Morgan: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

HP, MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, DEF

LUCK, DEF, RES

HP, SKILL, LUCK

STR, SKILL, DEF

Maribelle: HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, LUCK

Lucina: HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, LUCK, RES

STR, MAG, RES

Chrom: HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD

Virion: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD

Olivia: HP, MAG, SPD, RES

-

Chapter 14: Flames On the Blue

Turns taken: 2

Supports:

Morgan/Vanessa gets to C support

Virion/Morgan gets to C support

Again, another chapter that made me feel lazy. Skipped all the chest so Vanessa and Morgan could tagteam the boss after Chrom/Lucina and Gregor/Tharja cleared the way.

Level ups:

Chrom: HP, SKILL, LUCK

Anna: STR, HP, MAG, SPD

Vanessa: HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD, RES

Maribelle: SKILL, SPD

-

Chapter 15: Smoldering Resistance

Supports:

Chrom/Lucina gets to B support

Now this chapter is one I spent a while on, because it's nice training for Morgan and Lucina. Say'ri was recruited and later hid in a corner, and everyone pretty much massacred the enemies. All the houses were visited, and Morgan took down the boss, promoting at the beginning of next chapter to bow knight.

Maribelle also promoted to Valkyrie.

Level ups:

Morgan: HP, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, DEF

HP, STR

HP, STR, SKILL, SPEED, LUCK, DEF

HP, STR, SKILL, LUCK

HP, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

Vanessa: HP, STR, SKILL, SPD, LUCK, DEF

Virion: HP, MAG, SKILL, LUCK, DEF

HP, STR, SPD, LUCK, DEF

Lucina: HP, MAG, LUCK

MAG, SPD

Maribelle: HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD, LUCK

SPD, LUCK, DEF

Olivia: HP, SPD, LUCK, DEF, RES

HP, STR, MAG, SKILL, SPD

Chrom: SPD, LUCK

-

Paralogue 7: Noble Lineage

Turns taken: 1

Supports:

Virion/Maribelle gets to B support

Morgan/Vanessa gets to B support

Got Brady, Olivia danced for Morgan/Vanessa, and Vanessa kills the boss. Yeah. Didn't feel like doing this chapter, so I sped through it.

Level ups:

Vanessa: HP, SKILL, SPD, DEF

And now if you all excuse me, I need to rest. >_<

Stats as of before Chapter 16:

Chrom:

20/14.61 Great Lord

HP: 51

STR: 37

MAG: 5

SKILL: 31

SPD: 23

LUCK: 21

DEF: 25

RES: 7

Ranks: A Sword, E Lance

Lucina:

14.74 Lord

HP: 35

STR: 18

MAG: 12

SKILL: 20

SPD: 17

LUCK: 18

DEF: 13

RES: 8

Ranks: C Sword

Vanessa:

12/20/8.50 Sniper

HP: 55

STR: 31

MAG: 13

SKILL: 41

SPD: 37

LUCK: 26

DEF: 22

RES: 9

Ranks: A Bow

Virion:

20/6.26 Sniper

HP: 40

STR: 20

MAG: 10

SKILL: 32

SPD: 20

DEF: 18

RES: 7

Ranks: A Bow

Tharja:

10/20/1.21 Sniper

HP: 44

STR: 18

MAG: 18

SKILL: 27

SPD: 29

LUCK: 10

DEF: 23

RES: 16

Ranks: B Bow

Gregor:

10/4.70 Bow Knight

HP: 39

STR: 16

MAG: 0

SKILL: 16

SPD: 15

LUCK: 10

DEF: 12

RES: 5

Ranks: B Sword, C Bow

Anna:

--/2/2.75 Archer

HP: 35

STR: 15

MAG: 14

SKILL: 22

SPD: 19

LUCK: 27

DEF: 10

Ranks: E Bow

Morgan:

20/1.7 Bow Knight

HP: 51

STR: 26

MAG: 10

SKILL: 35

SPD: 28

LUCK: 24

DEF: 17

RES: 10

Ranks: E Sword, C Bow

Maribelle:

20/1.56 Valkyrie

HP: 30

STR: 4

MAG: 23

SKILL: 17

SPD: 19

LUCK: 20

DEF: 8

Ranks: E Tome, A Staff

Brady:

10 Priest

HP: 32

STR: 13

MAG: 12

SKILL: 15

SPD: 13

LUCK: 17

DEF: 10

RES: 11

Ranks: D Staff

Olivia:

6.39 Dancer

HP: 22

STR: 5

MAG: 3

SKILL: 11

SPD: 12

LUCK: 8

DEF: 4

Ranks: D Sword

I don't think my team is ready to go for Noire yet, but we'll see after I finish Chapter 16. Overall, everyone's doing good. I find it funny how reclassed Tharja outclasses Virion in every way.

Edited by ZMesu

• 1 month later...

omg it lives

it totally lives

Fucking Noire's paralogue resulted in me grinding Lucina, Morgan, and whoever else in skirmishes to get them fast and tanky enough to deal with all the silver weapons, and junk. After a few tries, I succeeded, and Noire joined the merry band of bowmen and is our poster Ms. Fanservice.

But yeah. Few updates:

Chapter 16: Naga's Voice

Turns taken: 5 turns

Morgan and Lucina, the newly wed couple, rush up toward Dr. Robotnik, and the others gain some EXP. Every thief was killed during the chapter, which I find pretty impressive considering how most of my units are bow-locked.

Also, I think Chrom's SPD is starting to suck. At least Pair Ups fix the problem.

Paralogue 15: A Shot From the Dark

Turns taken: 10

This one was hard. And it took a bit of strategizing to get completely right.

Chrom and Vanessa paired up and took on the entire west side of the map by themselves, while Morgan and Lucina paired up to handle Noire's side. Tharja supported when needed, and Olivia and Maribelle were on dancing/healing/rescuing duty in case something came up. After a bunch of baiting the enemies, Noire joined the team.

Her stats?

Lv. 10 Archer

HP: 33

STR: 13

MAG: 7

SKILL: 17

SPD: 18

LUCK: 11

DEF: 14

RES: 8

To buff her up, I gave her an energy drop and the Naga's Tear, and she proceeded to grind in skirmishes with Brady paired up with her so the two can hook up and eventually get hitched. After all was said and done, Noire's stats as a sniper:

HP: 52

STR: 25

MAG: 14

SKILL: 28

SPD: 25

DEF: 25

Tanky sniper? Tanky sniper.

Chapter 17: Inexorable Death

Turns taken: 9

Only one chest wasn't opened, and that was the one to the far right. If I wasted any time, Olivia would've died a slow, painful death due to the impending reinforcements. The boots and the killer bow were obtained, and that's all that matters.

Basically, the chapter was spent moving my units around, getting Anna to the far right room for one of the chests, Chrom moving to the chest room on the left to kill the thief and to get the boots, and eventually, Tharja shot Pheros in the face.

Unit stats (since I didn't have enough time, I just picked all the units that mattered to me, and for supports, I'm just gonna list the character the unit is married or being married to):

Name         Class                 HP  STR MAG SKILL SPD LUCK DEF RES Ranks                 Supports
Chrom        20/20/1 Great Lord    56  40  6   34    28  26   27  7   A Sword E Lance       S Maribelle
Vanessa      14/20/13 Sniper       60  34  15  46    40  29   23  9   A Bow                 S Virion
Lucina       20/17 Great Lord      56  29  17  35    30  37   24  20  A Sword E Lance       S Morgan
Virion       20/8 Sniper           42  22  10  33    20  20   20  7   A Bow                 S Vanessa
Tharja       10/20/7 Sniper        48  19  19  29    33  13   26  18  B Bow                 S Gregor
Male!Morgan  20/7 Bow Knight       57  31  13  38    31  24   20  14  B Bow E Sword         S Lucina
Noire        20/3 Sniper           54  27  14  30    26  19   26  18  B Bow                 A Brady
Maribelle's stats are great, as well, Gregor's falling behind, Anna's been thieving and needs more EXP, Olivia's been dancing her sandals off, and Brady hasn't really been leveling due to starting off at D staves. WTF IS.
Edited by Zeem