Yay Awakening playlog time

Florete

At this point...I am not sure. However, once Panne gets another level and re-classes to Wyvern, she'll be giving him some much needed Str and Def with her support boost. Pair Up pretty much solves everything in this game, after all.

On that note, though, I am considering not using Cynthia and Yarne when I eventually get them and instead just having Lucina and Morgan be tight siblings. I'll have to see what they look like and consider whether or not adding another pair to the team will be worthwhile.

Huh. As I see it, pair up isn't enough for me to consider javelins and hand axes all that useful.

Edited by Levant Fortner

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ch 14: 1/136

One turn, all 3 chests? Fuck you guys, I'm going home. True, I would have liked to get the Short Axe.

But I guess I might as well give the step-by-step first.

Pairs: Chrom/Panne, Gaius/Cordelia, Anna/Cherche. Fox kills the Cavalier in front of the southern chest. Libra Rescues Cherche and she flies around, switches, and Anna opens the chest.

Fred runs to the Knight with the Chest Key and Hammer times him. Cordelia can now run past the vacancy to get Gaius to the most northern chest.

Lucina waits on the most-eastern spot of the 3-tile-wide eastern bridge. This means that when Lissa runs up next to her and Rescues Anna (which required a Magic Tonic and Spirit Dust to reach), Anna will be to the left of Lissa instead of to the right. This in turn allows Olivia to Dance for Anna, as Olivia could not reach otherwise; there's only one spot Olivia could have reached the other side from, and Fred needed that spot to kill the Chest Key Knight. Anna opens the last chest.

Sumia kills a Mage in the way and Panne flies Chrom over for a Noble Rapier ORKO on the boss.

Lunatic mode, people.

(I half-considered re-doing it since Libra and Lissa's levels weren't that great, but I'm not into level-rigging and Chrom's chance to kill the boss was not actually 100%)

Unit        Class        Lv    HP    Str    Mag    Skl    Spd    Lck    Def    Res    Weapon            Support        Skills
Fox        Dark Knight    1    55    25    30    19    25    22    17    19    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum
Chrom        Great Lord    4    41    28    3    20    23    20    21    8    A Sword, D Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    15    43    21    4    20    17    12    20    8    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Troubadour    8    26    6    18    11    15    19    5    11    B Staff            C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Falcon Knight    1    38    14    5    22    25    18    10    17    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Wyvern Rider    5    37    18    2    18    15    11    17    4    D Axe            S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2
Gaius        Thief        12    29    13    1    16    20    10    9    5    C Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    5    42    16    17    16    18    14    13    19    B Axe, B Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    4    40    14    20    24    24    30    9    12    C Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch
Lucina        Lord        10    36    19    10    17    20    18    13    8    C Sword                    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether

Paralogue time.

Par 12 (Morgan): 7/143

Enemy levels: 20 unpromoted and a few level 3 promoted. That technically makes this a bit early, as Laurent's and Kjelle's maps have level 19 enemies, but I want to get Morgan.

Whew. This took some VERY careful planning. Let's see if I can remember it all...

After a Rally Spectrum for the team and a Dance, I had Cherche fly Fox on over to Morgan to recruit him and give him a Second Seal and a Rally Spectrum so he could class change to Mercenary. Fred!Sumia flew over and killed one of the two Rexcalibur Sages - I had already calculated it out so that she would survive the enemy phase of Swordmaster + one Sage if she killed one without getting hurt, which she and Fred did.

Chrom!Lucina killed the Myrmidon, Gaius!Panne killed the southern Mage close to the starting position to avoid being targeted by the Swordmaster, and Anna crit-killed the other Mage. The Rally from earlier kept her alive against the Swordmaster on enemy phase.

Sumia got pretty lucky overall in the map, as she never got hit either as a result of dodging or dual guarding. She was able to safely kill the Thief, Swordmaster, and Sage and rejoin the group by turn 3.

But turn 2 took a lot of careful planning to keep everyone alive. First off, Panne and Gaius killed a Wyvern to the north west of the group. But the Swordmaster was the biggest threat, and wouldn't you know, Chrom missed with his Javelin (81 Hit) and then Lucina missed on the join in. I had thought that was it right there, but I Danced for them, had Anna get rid of a Wyvern in Morgan's way so he could Rally for them, then tried again and they killed him. There was still one Wyvern near Fox's area, but it was far away enough that it couldn't hit anyone who would get killed by it, so Fox blocked off the remaining Myrmidon.

After that, Fox largely took the lead, as might be expected, helped often by Morgan's rally. The Wyverns occasionally put me in a pinch, but the first wave I just managed to tank up and beat out fast enough, and the second (unexpected) wave was largely just taken out by Fox since she was the only one most of them could reach.

On the last turn there were still a few enemies and I wanted to get it over with, so I did a bit of Rescue shenanigans to open the last chest (Oh yeah, Sumia had safely a killed the other Thief while Fox tanked a bunch of enemies) with Anna, got one last kill in for Gaius, and had Fox ORKO the boss for the win.

Unit        Class        Lv    HP    Str    Mag    Skl    Spd    Lck    Def    Res    Weapon            Support        Skills
Fox        Dark Knight    4    57    26    32    21    26    24    19    19    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum
Chrom        Great Lord    6    43    28    3    21    22    22    22    8    A Sword, D Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        1    45    22    4    21    16    12    21    10    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Troubadour    9    27    6    18    11    15    20    6    12    A Staff            C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Falcon Knight    4    45    17    7    26    31    21    13    22    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Wyvern Rider    8    41    20    3    19    18    11    18    5    C Axe            S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2
Gaius        Thief        13    30    13    1    17    20    10    10    6    B Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    6    43    17    17    17    18    14    13    19    B Axe, C Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    6    42    15    20    26    25    32    11    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        13    39    20    10    18    22    20    15    8    C Sword                    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    3    39    21    13    20    20    17    13    9    C Sword                    Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift

Par 8 (Kjelle): 11/154

Gave Lucina Naga's Tear because favoritism.

I don't like this map much. It feels like it should be a boss kill map, and the reinforcements are hard to predict unless you really know ahead of time which turns which enemies come from where. Being a rout, that draws the map out a lot.

Kjelle could be ORKOd by the Archers up north, so I had to Rescue her by turn 2 to save her, which wasn't much of a problem since Lucky Seven is a big help for Anna.

Fred/Sumia and Morgan/Lucina took south west and east respectively and never got a chance to do much else. Otherwise, it was mostly a standard Fox/Chrom tanking game with Gaius/Panne, Libra, and Anna taking enemies on occasion. It's a really scattered map and there's not a whole lot to say other than "divide and conquer."

The chests didn't cost me any time, so I got them both. I actually could have finished the map one turn sooner, but Lissa was one Mend away from level 10 and promotion, so I waited.

Forgot stats

Par 14 (Laurent): 2/156

I found a sweet spot for Sumia so she could be attacked by as few enemies as possible, reach the boss, and get a Rally Spectrum from Fox on the second turn.

Otherwise, Chrom recruited Laurent and everyone else just positioned themselves such that they could get some enemy phase action. On turn 2 I got some combat for everyone and finished up. No villages, but the first is just a Str Tonic and it isn't worth it to take on all the reinforcements to get the others.

Fox        Dark Knight    6    59    27    33    21    27    25    20    19    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    8    45    29    3    22    24    24    24    8    A Sword, C Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        2    46    23    4    22    16    12    21    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    1    31    6    20    14    18    21    8    15    A Staff, E Tome        C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia        Falcon Knight    6    46    19    9    27    33    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    1    49    25    3    23    22    13    23    9    C Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Thief        15    32    14    1    18    21    10    10    6    B Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    8    45    17    17    18    18    16    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    8    44    16    22    28    26    32    11    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        17    47    24    15    23    25    25    17    12    C Sword            C Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    7    43    22    14    23    23    19    14    10    C Sword            C Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift

Par 7 (Brady): 1/157

Decided to do this early because. It's not like I would bother to actually play it out any longer later.

Sumia Rally Speed'd, people hit others for experience, Anna warped Fox and Fox killed the boss.

Woohoo.

By the way, Brady will join as long as he survives the chapter. You don't need to talk to him.

Fox        Dark Knight    6    59    27    33    21    27    25    20    19    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    8    45    29    3    22    24    24    24    8    A Sword, C Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        2    46    23    4    22    16    12    21    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    1    31    6    20    14    18    21    8    15    A Staff, E Tome        C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia        Falcon Knight    6    46    19    9    27    33    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    1    49    25    3    23    22    13    23    9    C Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Thief        15    32    14    1    18    21    10    10    6    B Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    8    45    17    17    18    18    16    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    9    45    16    22    29    27    33    12    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        17    47    24    15    23    25    25    17    12    C Sword            C Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    7    43    22    14    23    23    19    14    10    C Sword            C Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift

At this rate, I definitely don't plan to add Cynthia or Yarne to my main fighting team. I'll just use Cynthia as a Rally bot and pass Locktouch to Yarne in case I want another for that purpose.

A little late, but good luck. Looks like you're doing fine. I think I vowed never to touch Lunatic mixed with Classic, it just seems too masochist to me. And judging on people's opinions on Lunatic+ classic... seems like a mode that's not worth unlocking anyway(terribly put together, too much luck involved, etc.)

A little late, but good luck. Looks like you're doing fine. I think I vowed never to touch Lunatic mixed with Classic, it just seems too masochist to me. And judging on people's opinions on Lunatic+ classic... seems like a mode that's not worth unlocking anyway(terribly put together, too much luck involved, etc.)

Yeah, I'm not touching Lunatic, period.

I'm a completionist. I just want to unlock so that my game is as "complete" as possible. Lol.

Doing fine now, but it's gonna get harder come Ch 17.

Yeah, I'm not touching Lunatic, period.

Lunatic in itself isn't that bad. I mean, Ch 2 is probably the hardest chapter, ironically, and while there's no surefire way to do it, you can reasonably increase your chances and it's short either way. It gets easier until Ch 17, where it gets harder because the game only uses promoted enemies, but it's still reasonably doable with a good team and not nearly as frustrating because things are much more in your control.

If you're used to hard mode, you should at least try Lunatic Casual. I'd suggest anyone to play Lunatic in Casual at least once before going Classic, anyway.

Lunatic in itself isn't that bad. I mean, Ch 2 is probably the hardest chapter, ironically, and while there's no surefire way to do it, you can reasonably increase your chances and it's short either way. It gets easier until Ch 17, where it gets harder because the game only uses promoted enemies, but it's still reasonably doable with a good team and not nearly as frustrating because things are much more in your control.

If you're used to hard mode, you should at least try Lunatic Casual. I'd suggest anyone to play Lunatic in Casual at least once before going Classic, anyway.

Personally, I'd rather have a legit challenge than one rife with fake difficulty and character select forcing, which Lunatic is.

Edited by Levant Fortner

But that's not what Lunatic is. Assuming no grinding, the only characters I'd say might be completely unusable are Ricken and Donnel. And even Donnel will be really good if allowed just enough grinding to get him out of his base class.

As far as this game goes, Lunatic is much more a "legit" challenge than Hard, which is just too easy in comparison. Lunatic can be punishing at times, but it makes you really strategize and isn't the random game-beats-you-before-you-start fake difficulty of Lunatic+ (although as mentioned in The Lunatic Club, even Luna+ has some value depending on how you approach it).

But that's not what Lunatic is. Assuming no grinding, the only characters I'd say might be completely unusable are Ricken and Donnel. And even Donnel will be really good if allowed just enough grinding to get him out of his base class.

As far as this game goes, Lunatic is much more a "legit" challenge than Hard, which is just too easy in comparison. Lunatic can be punishing at times, but it makes you really strategize and isn't the random game-beats-you-before-you-start fake difficulty of Lunatic+ (although as mentioned in The Lunatic Club, even Luna+ has some value depending on how you approach it).

Ok, even if Hard mode isn't that hard (and just why do you say that, anyway?), I'm not about to tear my hair out in frustration over Lunatic mode. And IMO, I feel there's nothing in it for me (ergo, if I unlocked something that I feel was worth going for I might consider it, but there's no such incentive). Doesn't really help that above all else, I just want to use my favorites - something I think Lunatic would deny me, particularly with the children characters.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Ch 15: 7/163

Cordelia gained a boost of Str and Def. Why don't characters I'm actually using get this stuff?

But since I waited a day to actually continue, Lucina ended up getting Str and Spd as well! Woohoo!

Around this point is the easiest part of the game. Your team has been getting good and promoting but the enemies are still largely unpromoted.

As a side note, I don't know why I never thought - even this time around, as I'm typing this after I've completed the map - to just Rescue Say'ri away and recruit her immediately instead of running over to save her. It seems so obvious in hindsight but the idea never registered with me.

Oh well. Just about everything was done within the seven turns here. Cherche!Anna and Gaius/Panne handled the beach, Gaius and Panne doing most of the work because they need the levels the most. Sumia/Fred flew over the wall (with a Rally Spectrum) to get enemies over there, Libra!Lissa and Morgan!Lucina handled the Hammer General, and Chrom!Fox readied herself to wipe out a lot of enemies on the enemy phase.

Libra!Lissa, even at only B Support, is pretty good at dodging. Interesting.

I had recruited Say'ri by the third turn and began moving west, having Fox take out those pesky Dark Knights and Libra!Lissa take out the weaker ranged enemies with Lucina and Morgan cleaning up a bit and Morgan Rally Spectruming when reasonable (Olivia helped).

On turn 7 Say'ri got the final house, Gaius and Panne finished up their enemies, and Chrom!Fox killed the boss. Could this have been done faster? Probably, but it would have required much more specific planning and possibly some risks. I did this cleanly on my first try and I'm happy.

Holy crap, there really are cats on this map!

Unit        Class        Lv   HP    Str   Mag  Skl   Spd   Lck   Def   Res   Weapon            Support        Skills
Fox         Dark Knight  8    61    29    34   22    27    25    21    19    C Sword, A Tome   S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom       Great Lord   9    46    30    3    23    24    25    25    8     A Sword, C Lance  S Fox          Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick   General      2    46    23    4    22    16    12    21    11    A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa       Valkyrie     3    32    6     22   14    20    22    8     16    A Staff, E Tome   B Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia       Falcon Knight6    46    19    9    27    33    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff  S Fred         Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne       Wyvern Lord  2    50    26    3    24    23    13    23    9     C Axe, E Lance    S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius       Assassin     3    39    20    2    27    26    12    14    7     B Sword, E Bow    S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra       War Monk     8    45    17    17   18    18    16    15    20    B Axe, C Staff    B Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    9    45    16    22   29    27    33    12    12    B Sword, D Staff                 Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina      Lord        19    49    26    15   24    27    27    17    13    C Sword           C Morgan       Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan      Mercenary    9    45    24    15   25    24    20    15    10    C Sword           C Lucina       Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift

You might notice that the above stats actually look nice for once. Unfortunately, to get this I need to manually space out the numbers every time, as even copying and pasting that code into the same post doesn't retain the formatting. I won't do that every time, though, so I can only hope the code tags can be made the way they used to be. Hopefully before my run is done and logged completely.

Enjoy your lined-up stats for now, I guess.

Ch 16: 4/167

Fox and Chrom are the only ones who can really be attributed to the actual clearing of the map. They just charged the boss and everyone else did self-improvement.

Panne and Gaius started at the left taking out the Beast Killer Peg, aided by Cherche!Anna and Libra/Lissa. Morgan/Lucina and Fred/Sumia took to the right. The Thieves never got very far and even the promoted enemies didn't last very long.

I sort of had a bit of trouble on the third turn when a Hero knocked Panne down pretty far and there were still some enemies around, but by then Morgan and Lucina had made their way to the general area after having given Fox a Rally Spectrum and I was able to protect Olivia and leave only the Hero alive to attack only those who wouldn't die. I might have even been able to kill him, but I knew we were safe and I want to raise Gaius' Bow level asap.

After this map I am able to get A Support for Libra and Lissa, but since I need to go to Owain's Paralogue now, I'll be grinding out the rest of it. All it will really do is add 10% to the Dual Strike rate, so it shouldn't actually have a noticeable impact on the run.

And it is after that map that things will get hard again.

Fox        Dark Knight    9    62    30    34    23    27    25    22    20    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    10    47    30    3    24    24    25    26    9    A Sword, B Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Lissa        Valkyrie    3    32    6    22    14    20    22    8    16    A Staff, D Tome        B Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia        Falcon Knight    7    46    20    10    27    34    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    2    50    26    3    24    23    13    23    9    C Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    3    39    20    2    27    26    12    14    7    B Sword, E Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    9    46    18    18    19    18    17    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        B Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    10    46    16    23    30    27    34    12    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        1    53    29    15    27    30    27    19    16    C Sword, E Lance    B Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    12    48    25    16    27    25    22    16    12    C Sword            B Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Patience

Cordelia gained a boost of Str and Def. Why don't characters I'm actually using get this stuff?

But since I waited a day to actually continue, Lucina ended up getting Str and Spd as well! Woohoo!

Because the game felt like trolling you? I know how it feels, when the surges wind up being something like Mag and Skill for a physical unit.

Yahoo!

As a side note, I don't know why I never thought - even this time around, as I'm typing this after I've completed the map - to just Rescue Say'ri away and recruit her immediately instead of running over to save her. It seems so obvious in hindsight but the idea never registered with me.

Come to think of it, that's my tendency for the map, since I'd imagine she wouldn't be able to hold out for that long. Oh well, what's done is done.

Par 5 (Owain): 6/173

Gr, why don't you asshats move when told?

So this is the last of the easy maps. I basically moved forward at a steady pace, making sure to stay safe. Fox and Chrom soloed the south and everyone else went west. Unfortunately you can't seem to draw in any of the enemies around the boss unless he can reach you, so I basically did what you'd expect and dropped Fox in there with a Rally Spectrum from Morgan, but with a Steel Sword equipped so my other peeps could get some of the pickings. Ironically, though, the Assassins attacked up close instead of using their Bows, so they still died.

I had Say'ri gets some kills here so she could get Str and Spd for better support boosts. Her first level got her neither, but her second got both, so she now has 20 Str/30 Spd.

Talked to the Villagers west and north. The other one just gives some Tonic and so isn't worth it. And I don't care about Owain's joke +1 Skl Steel Sword.

Morgan and Lucina are already rocking and practically better than their daddy.

Fox        Dark Knight    11    64    31    35    23    28    26    23    21    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    11    48    30    3    24    25    26    26    9    A Sword, B Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Lissa        Valkyrie    4    33    6    23    14    20    22    9    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia        Falcon Knight    7    46    20    10    27    34    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    2    50    26    3    24    23    13    23    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    3    39    20    2    27    26    12    14    7    B Sword, D Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    9    46    18    18    19    18    17    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    10    46    16    23    30    27    34    12    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        2    54    30    16    27    30    27    20    16    C Sword, E Lance    B Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        3    54    29    18    31    31    22    19    15    B Sword, E Axe        B Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Patience

Ch 17: 9/182

Arms Scrolls for Gaius and Morgan. Wish I had another for Panne, but such is life.

Aaaand this is when the game gets hard again

Was ready for the win around turn 7, but I wanted the chest items and I could get them safely, so I did. I basically called it quits when the reinforcements started to show, which is the same turn I got the last chest item.

Morgan and Lucina led the charge left, backed by Libra, Lissa, and Sumia/Fred. The Longbow Sniper gave me a lot of trouble, but I was able to divert him and minimize the threat. Morgan got Sol in the middle, which helped a lot. Lissa and Libra didn't Pair Up because I needed them both for healing.

Fox and Chrom led the charge east (yes, I ignored the middle), doing Rally Spectrums before being Danced by Olivia and continuing. Cherche!Anna and Gaius/Panne helped out. As can be expected by now, Chrom!Fox did a lot of tanking and killing on the enemy phase, though this time without insignificant death chances; she actually needed healing a couple times.

I tried to rely on crits from Anna a few times, but she never got them. Luckily I always had a backup plan, as my investments into Gaius and Panne are finally starting to pay off.

Getting the north eastern chests wasn't a problem, but the western ones took some planning...well, mostly because I had forgotten to give anyone a Rescue staff for a last-minute move boost. But after Morgan took out the Valkyries, I was able to make clever use of Olivia to have Sumia grab a Rescue staff, Rally Speed so Fox could double the boss, and then trade the Rescue staff to Lissa so Lissa could get Panne/Gaius in range to kill the Thief that had the audacity to try to take MY Seraph Robe. Morgan had already grabbed a Chest Key earlier and was in range for the Boots.

Christ, Fox is going to get her second shot at a Second Seal post-promotion before most people get their first. Dark Knight is cool and all, but I want to go back to Grandmaster for the Spd boost that Chrom has been missing.

Fox        Dark Knight    13    66    31    36    23    28    28    24    21    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    11    48    30    3    24    25    26    26    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        3    47    23    4    22    16    12    22    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    5    34    6    24    15    20    23    9    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Panne        Wyvern Lord    3    51    27    3    24    24    13    23    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    5    40    22    2    29    26    13    15    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    10    47    19    19    19    18    18    15    20    B Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    11    46    16    23    31    27    34    12    13    B Sword, C Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        3    55    30    16    28    31    27    20    16    C Sword, E Lance    B Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        6    57    32    18    34    31    23    19    16    B Sword, E Axe        B Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

isn't Lucina a Great Lord by now, not a Lord (I think you forgot to change it)

Yes...That will be fixed.

Got a step-by-step one here.

Ch 18: 2/184

I dislike this map and wanted to get it over with as fast as possible, so I looked and found a 2-turn strategy. It required multiple Tonics and Boots on Sumia. Panne also had a Def/Res boost from Barracks, but it didn't matter in the end. Let's see here:

First, Fox Rally Spectrums the middle area (Chrom, Morgan, Lucina, Sumia, and Panne). Chrom joins her and Olivia Dances for her. Lucina runs down and kills the first Paladin with the Noble Rapier. Morgan runs down next her, trades the Parallel Falchion to the top of her inventory, and attacks the Swordmaster, killing him with a join in (78%) from Lucina.

Fox kills the Warrior just past where the Swordmaster was. Anna joins Panne and Panne moves straight down 7 spaces from her starting position (1 down and right from Chrom's start) and range-kills the Sage. Lissa joins Sumia and Sumia moves to the spot 1 up from Panne.

Everyone at the left - Gaius, Libra, Fred, and Say'ri - doesn't really have a role. Libra can Physic for someone, but Lucina is the only one who might be hurt and no one can attack her anyway. They basically just move away.

On the second turn, Morgan Rally Spectrums for Fox/Chrom, Sumia, and Panne. Libra heals Fox if needed. Olivia joins up with Lucina. Sumia moves 6 spaces down so she can Rescue Fox. Panne moves down there, switches to Anna, and Anna Rescues Olivia. Olivia Dances for Sumia. Sumia has just enough move to reach the spot two right and two up from Yen'fay, where she Rescues Fox, who kills Yen'fay.

Reliance on chance was actually fairly minimal. Panne and Sumia were positioned such that only one enemy could attack each, so they just needed to not kill. Morgan and Fox both had chances to die, but with both having pretty good concrete durability and Morgan having Sol, it wasn't very high. I also needed a join in or crit to kill Yen'fay since Fox couldn't double, but when the join in chance is 85%, I'm not too worried.

Obviously did not get any chest items.

Fox        Dark Knight    13    66    31    36    23    28    28    24    21    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    12    49    31    3    25    25    27    27    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        3    47    23    4    22    16    12    22    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    5    34    6    24    15    20    23    9    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    8    47    20    10    28    34    22    13    24    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    4    52    28    3    25    25    13    23    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    5    40    22    2    29    26    13    15    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    10    47    19    19    19    18    18    15    20    B Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    11    46    16    23    31    27    34    12    13    B Sword, C Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    4    55    31    16    28    32    28    21    16    B Sword, E Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        7    58    33    18    34    31    23    20    16    A Sword, D Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol

Getting boring?

Par 17 (Tiki): 2/186

For some reason I thought I remembered seeing more enemies here on Lunatic mode. Oh well.

I will admit this strategy had a good deal of reliance on luck and probably had something like a 35-40% chance of happening. But I'd rather do it this way.

I start with Olivia helping Chrom!Fox to kill the boss. Easy stuff. Everyone else gets into position: Gaius, Panne, Fred, and Sumia at the left, Anna, Say'ri!Lissa, and Libra at the right, Morgan and Lucina south.

Fred and Sumia were position such that Fred would attack and Sumia would join him without having to move. Panne and Gaius were also able to attack each of their targets from range, Gaius and his Killer Bow being the deciding factor in their kills. This left side was the most chancy, with all of them having <80 Hit rates and requiring <80% dual strikes for the kills.

After, Anna killed one Wyvern with a +3 MT Levin Sword and Mag Tonic. Lissa w/Say'ri could double and kill with a +1 MT Elwind. Since Sumia had not yet moved, she was able to fly over and weaken the remaining Wyvern enough for Libra to take Say'ri and double and kill with the Bolt Axe, but Libra joined Sumia anyway and didn't need Say'ri. This side's kills were 100%; no luck required.

Morgan had previously dropped Lucina one space further than she could otherwise move so that Morgan could attack a Griffin with a Hand Axe while next to Lucina so she could join in and help kill, then she killed another. Then Fox ran up and killed another, then Olivia danced for her and then Fox finished the job.

And in comes the busty dragon lady.

Fox        Dark Knight    14    67    31    36    24    29    29    24    21    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    12    49    31    3    25    25    27    27    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Sumia        Falcon Knight    8    47    20    10    28    34    22    13    24    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    4    52    28    3    25    25    13    23    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    6    40    23    2    29    27    13    15    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    11    48    19    19    19    19    18    15    20    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Lucina        Great Lord    5    56    32    16    28    32    29    21    16    B Sword, E Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        7    58    33    18    34    31    23    20    16    A Sword, D Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol

Par 9 (Cynthia): 6/192

This was...really easy. I waited longer than I should have. A bunch of Rallys will do that, I guess. And apparently Fox has innate Provoke, because enemies love to attack her even when other, seemingly weaker allies are in range. I'm not big on resetting when unnecessary, so Fox ended up with a lot more kills than I wanted her to take - I planned to stop her when she hit level 15, but she ended up halfway through 16. Oh well, time to go back to Grandmaster. Chrom needs the Speed since he doesn't seem to want to get any on his own.

Chrom!Fox cleared out the enemies near Cynthia to make recruiting her a snap while Anna!Tiki tanked a good 4-5 enemies on the right. Not much else to say, it's a pretty straightforward map. Killed the boss on turn 5 so he wouldn't recruit any more of those mercenaries.

A Rally bot joins the team!

Fox        Dark Knight    16    69    31    38    26    31    29    24    22    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Great Lord    13    50    32    3    25    25    28    28    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Lissa        Valkyrie    6    35    6    24    16    21    23    10    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    9    47    20    11    29    35    23    13    24    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Gaius        Assassin    6    40    23    2    29    27    13    15    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    11    48    19    19    19    19    18    15    20    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    12    46    16    24    32    27    35    13    13    A Sword, C Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    6    57    33    16    29    33    30    22    17    B Sword, E Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        8    59    34    18    35    32    24    20    16    A Sword, D Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    21    50    24    14    21    22    25    21    18    Dragonstone                Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

When enemies promote their levels from chapter to chapter really jump, so along with these two, I'll be doing Yarne, Severa, Nah, and Noire's Paralogues before Ch 19, and Gerome's and Inigo's probably immediately after. Ch 19 has mostly level 8 enemies with a few 6s mixed in, while Gerome's and Inigo's have level 8s. The other 4 have level 6-7 enemies. For comparison, Ch 18 was mostly level 5.