Mire mechanics

Chiki

How does Mire work in this game? I can tell that you can't double with it, but you seem to be able to crit with it and activate Galeforce with it. Can you activate skills like Lethality with it? Can Mire pass Validar's barrier in 23?

My Morgan has Vengeance with 100% activation but it never procs with Mire, so I would take that as proof that activation skills cannot combine with Mire. However you can get support bonuses to hit and crit when you have a double partner, but you will never activate a dual attack. And of course, you can't double.

Mire cannot target Validar in chapter 23.

Mire can be saved with Armsthrift like any other weapon. Killing an enemy will activate post-battle skills like Galeforce (like you already know) and Lifetaker. It cannot be forged.

You can crit, and activate post-battle skills(Galeforce, Lifetaker)

Armsthrift can preserve its uses, but it cannot activate in-battle skills(ie. Astra, Luna, etc.)

I don't have a file in Ch 23 to test if it reaches past the barrier.

woop ninja'd '3'

Edited by PKLucas531

Yes I tried it. The barrier is functionally like the one in RD when Ike fights the BK, where the BK cannot be sieged. Once the barrier goes down, Validar is fair game for anyone though.

Edit: At least, from what I remember. Could be worth trying it again. There are certain conditions on that map that disable a lot of things though, like entirely shutting down rescue staves.

Edited by Samias

Not a problem! But you should have no issue defeating him if avatar and Chrom are leveled up like the rest of your units. If you get to that point in the game and you are stuck, you can try tonics or go grind a bit.

The hard part is the rest of the mobs. I just bunched up in a corner on the left until they stopped swarming me.

Oh, everyone pretty much said what I was gonna say.

Okay then, random weeaboo facts:

Weakest Dark Tome English: Flux

Japanese name: Mire

Long Ranged Tome name: Mire

Japanese name: Slime

Now you know why it has that animation for that tome.

Interesting... Slime...

Chapter 23 was rather easy, lol, both the mobs and Validar. He died in one single turn. But then I guess I can't speak for those who play on higher mode. Might be the same?

Edited by Cordelia

My Chrom is going to be level 1 unpromoted at Chapter 23, and I need to 1 turn the chapter, so Mire is pretty much my only choice. I don't have enough time to get my Avatar Deliverer.