Randomizing the RNs

Belf

When I restart chapters in FE6/7, there seems to be a preset list of RN's that is always the same at the start of the chapter (occasionally it changes to a different set). I like to play the game without any cognizance of what will happen, and it's annoying when I have to use up rn's manually through path retracing everytime i restart the chapter. Is there some way to use the vba memory viewer to create an entire new rng set?

just open up the memory viewer and go to 0x03000000 and change around the first numbers there

So that will change the future rn's as well, and not just the ones im changing?

yes, because the generation algorithm (i don't know what it is exactly but i know enough for this) bases (at least partially) each number off of the previous one in the set

yes, because the generation algorithm (i don't know what it is exactly but i know enough for this) bases (at least partially) each number off of the previous one in the set

Sweet, thanks for the help CT075!

Actually I know exactly what he means. Even restarting a chapter won't change the exact actions your units take and that's annoying, I'd like my hits and crits to be different everytime I restart... and that doesn't happen. Glad to see there's a way around it though.