My sprites!

Squidorsky

Alright...i guess i'll go in a somewhat chronological order according to my photobucket. (getting off topic, i hate the new design of PB...it takes forever to copy the links now...)

Dr. doom.... Celica (Awakening) Celic-er...Seliph... Tiki Mia incomplete Ishtar....Thats better! (...Right?)

(Awakening) Shadow dragon Radiant dawn Hmmm..... Holy war

Drdoommug.pngCellica.pngCelice.pngtikimiaishtar.pngIshtar_zps881501cc.png

(These are bigger and not fire emblem sprites at all...but i figured why not) they are two characters from blazblue sprited in the same styled as sprites from the game...

Nine.pngMaiNatsumeFinal.png

This is my version of the (in my opinion) crappy sprites (namely just Scharlachrot) from Arcana hearts 3, at the left is just a size comparison with a blazblue sprite, the middle one is mine and the right most one is the original sprite from the game.

Scharlachrotremake-photobucket_zps9dafb6

More to come...in time...

Edited by Eriad

That Ishtar sprite is goregouus~

And the fullbodies are pretty rockin too. How long have you been spriting? Because damn, these are much better then mine and I started spriting a year ago.

Can't wait to see more updates.

Wow thanks! (I still kinda think her head looks a little long...)

Hmmm...as for how long ive been spriting...well hard to say since its been a lot of off and on again... i started when fire emblem fist came out (and my sprites were god awful...) and then i progressively just got better ( i hope) i had no previous sprite or drawing knowledge at all but it really got me into drawing and stuff so ive been kinda doing everything since then. (i actually have some drawn stuff too...i guess this is supposed to be sprites but would that be fine here? XD)

Lately ive been trying to sprite more in my own style...which is hard; getting it to look right but also be my own style and less in the style of FE. i just think its sorta silly to copy someone elses style (unless you're trying to) and it being a style thats years upon years old. (Didnt FE come out in 2003? so what a ten year old style?) i dunno despite saying that i still revert to that style alot so its gonna take some time...(ok im ranting now...)

...Oh why not, here's some drawn stuff too (not a whole lot but whatever...more to come in any case!)

Ariel from Little mermaid...also really big because photobucket sucks....

image-1.jpg

Rapunzel from tangled! (also pretty big but at least its the right way...

image-3_zpsdc230a1d.jpg

Crap why are these so big!? Anyway i really need to upload more stuff...(and make it smaller)

(unrelated random question: is your avatar lakche/larcei/ or ira from fe4? it looks alot like her...in any case.)

Edited by Eriad

Hummm....take it up with the artists for Arcana Hearts sprites!

No, im kidding...im not sure i understand what youre asking though...The foots not really supposed to be bending to the back (whereas the left leg is, hence the differing shading) its supposed to be coming more forward. the shading around the knee is supposed to just be for the knee...maybe this is better?

scharlachrotfix_zps8a429bff.png

(Crap i goofed up a little on the shading on the knee...but is the general idea better?)

Sweet! definitely agree with you there!

Anyway here's more crap stuff! Dante from DMC (like 1-4 or the original series, for the diehards out there! XD)

Dantesprite_zpsbb562ee7.png

and an attempt at sigurd from fe4...hmmm...i cant really put my finger on it but his head looks off... (based it off his tcg art...i think the bonds of fate series? you know what scratch that...i dont remember...XD) anyway on top of that i based it off of his original mug alot as well (wanted to keep it in the same vein as the original but just upscale it...) So thats why the old sigurd sprite is there...

sigurd_zps41fa5ece.png

MAAAAN these be amazn <3 keep it up!

'bout dat ishtar, i kinda feel what's weird is her angle, also her shoulders are rather low thus making her look like a giraffe xD

her neck, which is a bit long adds to that, too.

but apart from that, you've got a good eye ^w^

Edited by Ponih

(Yay more people!) Ahem anyhoo, thanks for the compliments every one (and the critiques)

-DH Ninja: Thanks a bunch! As for requests i dont see why not, as long as its nothing too crazy or time consuming...(no Sistine chapels or what have you! XD) Just shoot some ideas or requests and i'll see what happens from there!

-Ponih : Appreciate the praise! Buuut....i sooooo agree with you. I knew even as i was making it that the neck looked long, (was hoping in vain that id be able to fix it as i went) but i never even considered the pose was screwing with it too...I think what happened was i shifted references midway...(so bad of me...) i started with her tcg judgral anthology art then decided i liked her look in the game more so (like with sigurd) i decided to use the outfit and pose of the tcg art and use the general face of the fe4 sprite ishtar...I'll tinker with it some later...(heck i might just redo it...im pretty sure i can make it better, i listed the opening sprites somewhat out of order...she was made a little bit earlier than that...

All the same thanks for the critiques and i cant wait to show you all more! (i still have plenty to show i just loathe having to painstakingly upload them all...XD)

On another topic, should i continue posting drawn stuff too? (just wondering cause nobody really said anything about the stuff i posted earlier. i guess thats my fault for having them in spoiler tags...but they are pretty big...aaaand this is a sprite page...guess i'd prefer to think of it more like an art page though! XD Break the mold ya know?)

iono man, imo you shouldn't redo it entirely; you can save a few parts:

2IL3K.png

i messed around with it a bit, and i hope you won't get offended: it's just a ref XD

so yeah, i noticed that she was quite tall overall, and obv her angle was rather odd. (also fixed the shading on her face xD)

you may want to rescrap the body anyway

Alright! Using Ponih's ever helpful tips! (Really went out of your way there didnt you, how can i be mad! I used it as a reference,(like what looks better and what areas in relation to the original needed work) but i didnt use a single part of yours if that makes sense...(How am i to get better if i did and plus i didnt wanna take your work!) in any case, good call on not redoing the whole thing. this one was pretty salvageable...and thanks for the tips and visual help! XD

Anyway, i believe this one is much better...and if it isnt then it sure is on its way there! ( i have to get her right...shes one of my favorite FE characters after all!)

Ishtarremake_zps54d633f2.png

Hopefully obvious, the new one is the right one. I based it a lot more on the tcg art (a new power to be precise) But i threw in my own embellishments here and there...

(crap...i hate when you realize you forgot something after uploading it...anyway its minor but the...err...under shirt collar thing? yeah, i guess i'll go with that...i had it being the outline color which makes it alot better. guess i grabbed a slightly earlier version but other than that i guess ishtar version 1.2 is good for now...)

While she may or may not be perfect im sure confident enough to say shes better than before! (you know...not so much of a giraffe anymore...XP)

Ishtar's definitely improved. The trim shading, however, is still blocky to me. Maybe it's the color of yellow. I quickly did a color swap and used the second skin shade and it looked leagues better.

Also just a quick note: the second black is darker than the outline.

Easy enough...i think there's a better color palette for her hair anyhow...(Is it meant to be silver or purple? fan art depicts it as either and the fe4 sprite (what i'd prefer to draw the most influence from) seems like a fusion of the both...)

ishtar.gif (credits to feplanet for the sprite...)

Well regardless hows any of these?

Original color Lighter second Lighter 2nd, (for the lulz)

Color 3rd, 4th tones Original Fe4 colors

Ishtarremake_zps8620af6a.png

I think the second from the left (opv) looks the best. To be frank though, having four hair shades seems a bit redundant in this sprite's case. Of course, that's entirely your decision and I'm not saying you should change it because of me. :P

Alright easy enough! Second one it is! I realized that having the fourth shade might be a bit redundant as their is only two or three areas with it and it's not doing a whole lot. (Either way Boney, i knew nobody was bashing the other shades, but you never know? Its as they say, you have to try everything to know what looks best! ....(nobody says that...)

Anyway, lame attempts at humor aside, To Ecut: its totally fine! I welcome the opinion!....But i dunno...i tried to remove it but the areas i have it are "critical areas" and to fix it, i'd have to redraw, reshade and rethink it (in that order...no thats not right)

Heres an example...

With current With only three

shading shades

ishtarshading_zpsb09d50cf.png

So to fix it i'd have to reshade it especially in the ear area. which is totally doable...but i'm not sure if its worth it, so long as th efour shades of hair isn't taking me over the limit?

1, 2...........crap...what are the odds...one over...X_X

After some modification; i changed the armor shade lighter and changed the trim as per hamlet's suggestion, i think ive managed to keep my outlandish decision to have four hair shades from screwing the limit up...

But...does it still look fine?

Original Color fixed Comparison "black"

Color

ishtarshading_zps4e192a9a.png

So....basically what i did was i changed the armor's lightest shade to the grey color standard FE uses for necklines and such. which then puts me at 15 colors for ishtar and 1 for the background, somehow under the color limit!

Thoughts everyone? (i think it's about time to move on to a new sprite...-_-' )

You're missing the lightest skin shade (right now you're using white). Do you mind if I fool with the palette? Right now you have some palette clashing (FE8 outline, red, and armour, but FE7 skin tone).

Edit:

I fooled with it anyway (hope that doesn't bother you ^_^').

2Kv1B.png

I kept the skin and hair colours the same but I changed the outline, red, and armour. I used the outline as the darkest armour colour since when you fill in the missing skin shade, she goes over the limit.

I was unsure if you were going for FE7 colours or FE8 colours since it had both, so I went with FE7.

You obviously don't have to use it if you don't like it but if you decide not to then:

a) don't use pure white as the lightest skin shade, or anywhere on a sprite. 'White' has to be 240,240,240 (or lower), otherwise the white parts will be considered transparent if inserted.

b) be careful not to mix FE7 and FE8 colours. This is because FE7 colours are less saturated and lighter than FE8 so it looks off if you mix them (like how you were using FE7 skin tones for the face but FE8 skin tones for the armour on your sprite).

Edited by eCut

(haha yeah i realized that right after i uploaded it...something that actively plagues me...) But anyway i changed the skin tone to the fe8 color i had for the armor in the middle fixed version...meh maybe i didnt have fe8 colors to begin with XD)

Anyway i tried to fiddle with it myself, using what you suggested/ showed and....well is it any better? (I went with fe7 cause im back to preferring those colors...its starting to feel again like fe8's are too...heavy?)

ishtarshading_zpsac4b46ea.png

Armor got lighter as well as skin tone and the red color. (As always i'm totally fine with the alterations you do. They are very helpful in pointing out things and obviously giving a good visual example! How could i get mad about that! XD)

Anyway... palettes aren't my thing ( the initial black shades i started with should make that clear! XD)

Oh! But in my count i was including the "lightest shade" or the white anyway. (yeah...i sit and count them instead of using a program or whatever.) so unless i totally suck at math (which wouldnt surprise me) it doesnt affect her color limit at all, I.E. i left the third shade...(its not too dark for the outline color though right?)

PS. (love the new avatar! XD)