A tragic tale from my first no reset run :*(

healthylunch

So I, for the first time in my fire emblem playing career, attempted a no reset run on Awakening. It was going surprisingly well actually, I'd made it all the way to chapter 22 with no real significant deaths, that is until THIS HAPPENED! I'd wiped the map and there was only Aversa left, I approached her with Miriel and attacked using Arcwind, the combat information window looked a little something like this...

Miriel:

H: 49/49

Hit: 100%

Damage: 31 (x2)

Crit: 0%

Aversa:

HP:47

Hit: 86%

Damage: 28

Crit: 3%

Miriel attacked, and dealt out her damage, I began feeling pretty confident and ready to move onto the next map. Then Aversa got her crit off. Miriel died a horrible flaming death, I broke down into distraught sobs off anguish and then charged off to bitch about it on the internet.

So does anyone else have any tragic tales of woe such as this? I'd be anxious to hear them, and hey, they might even cheer me up enough to keep me going at this crap sack attempt of mine, at a challenge run.

It's also called "Ironman" and it's where if you lose a unit you just keep plowing on. Dunno I don't like silly challenges but many do.

It's also called "how the game is technically supposed to be played, but usually isn't because most players ended up having souls".

I think losing somebody on an ironman run is what makes it more memorable, myself.

Refusing to reset embraces the nobility of their sacrifice. It helps me think of the character as a person with a life of their own when I'm there to see it end, rather than just a tool of mine.

You were lucky enough to have her go out a badass.

On my first RD run, I neither brought enough healers nor enough beast kings to prevent somebody from dying in the last fight. Stefan and Edward went out as heroes in their prime.

Edited by Rehab

Seriously, I think that'd be fun only at a very difficult mode. it won't make much difference otherwise as it's easier to replace a character at a easier mode.

Edited by Generic character

lost Innes during the desert map in FE8 Ephraim Mode... the flyers were coming in fast and eirika was vastly underleveled... saleh held down the berserker and his crew while ephraim did his best to get to them. Innes was eventually swallowed by the onslaught, but he took out all but two. He drew all of the attention from eirika and saved her life.

I look at it as his last stand to prove he was still a better soldier than ephraim ever will be

So I, for the first time in my fire emblem playing career, attempted a no reset run on Awakening. It was going surprisingly well actually, I'd made it all the way to chapter 22 with no real significant deaths, that is until THIS HAPPENED! I'd wiped the map and there was only Aversa left, I approached her with Miriel and attacked using Arcwind, the combat information window looked a little something like this...

Miriel:

H: 49/49

Hit: 100%

Damage: 31 (x2)

Crit: 0%

Aversa:

HP:47

Hit: 86%

Damage: 28

Crit: 3%

Miriel attacked, and dealt out her damage, I began feeling pretty confident and ready to move onto the next map. Then Aversa got her crit off. Miriel died a horrible flaming death, I broke down into distraught sobs off anguish and then charged off to bitch about it on the internet.

So does anyone else have any tragic tales of woe such as this? I'd be anxious to hear them, and hey, they might even cheer me up enough to keep me going at this crap sack attempt of mine, at a challenge run.

How often did you face CODs of nearly 3%? Honestly, it was bound to happen to you eventually. This is why I try to only face stuff that has 0% crit on me and use characters with enough cev to prevent death. Except in fe6 where I used save states when bosses have crit and there's nobody on the team that will tank a crit. 12x, I'm looking at you. Seriously, 15% hit and 10% crit, consider true hit makes that 15 under 10 and I'm facing a less than 1% chance of death, and...crit killed. Stupid Gelero. Or Mia on the beach in chapter 9 against 3 guys with hit rates between 20 and 30, so like 10 true or something. Again, under 1% chance of death since all 3 had to hit, and...death. So if I'm getting killed by under 1% COD, well, you were 3 times as likely to die.

How often did you face CODs of nearly 3%? Honestly, it was bound to happen to you eventually. This is why I try to only face stuff that has 0% crit on me and use characters with enough cev to prevent death. Except in fe6 where I used save states when bosses have crit and there's nobody on the team that will tank a crit. 12x, I'm looking at you. Seriously, 15% hit and 10% crit, consider true hit makes that 15 under 10 and I'm facing a less than 1% chance of death, and...crit killed. Stupid Gelero. Or Mia on the beach in chapter 9 against 3 guys with hit rates between 20 and 30, so like 10 true or something. Again, under 1% chance of death since all 3 had to hit, and...death. So if I'm getting killed by under 1% COD, well, you were 3 times as likely to die.

Oh indeed, if there is one thing I've learnt from this experience it's never to give the RNG quite as much wiggle room. Annoyingly enough I think that had I brought her husband (Vaike) up and placed him next her, things would have turned out very differently.

lost Innes during the desert map in FE8 Ephraim Mode... the flyers were coming in fast and eirika was vastly underleveled... saleh held down the berserker and his crew while ephraim did his best to get to them. Innes was eventually swallowed by the onslaught, but he took out all but two. He drew all of the attention from eirika and saved her life.

I look at it as his last stand to prove he was still a better soldier than ephraim ever will be

Oh no not Innes :*(, did you intend to pair him up with Eirika? For if so that's even more tragic.

I find your speech to not be very touching when read in light of your avatar xD

Hahaha yeah, I suppose it's hard to take someone seriously when the picture they use to represent themselves is a chavy Nidoking (Nidobling).