So I guest scientist in the FE world have yet to discover the law of gravity or how the planets work.

I don't know about that: Shadow Dragon has a pretty basic level of technology. Stuff like swords, spears, axes, and bows have been around for thousands upon thousands of years, and steel has been around since 4,000 BC. Ballistae were invented in Ancient Greece, 2400 years ago.

I think you are all heavily overestimating a 2000 years timeskip.

The first Fire Emblem was clearly more inspired by ancient Greek and Roma then anything else. That's what the art resembles. That's were all the names come from.

I know that the remakes changed at least the art and even some aspects like slavery, but it's not like those new designs suit any other epoch any better.

Victorian age or whatever seems like a very fine choice to me after a 2000 years time skip.

Granted, they probably should have figured out gravity and stuff out by now but not nuclear weapons or Spaceflight.

For warfare, cannons and rifles would probably more relevant, though.

These. I've always seen most Fire Emblem games as having more in common with antiquity than the middle ages. It's a bit of a mix, really, though.

I think the technological advancements throughout the games are mostly fine.

Ancient Greek scientists knew that the world was spherical, and it's not that hard to figure out if you do enough sailing. (And the Greeks did plenty of sailing.)

Unless you can see Valm from Ferox, intellectuals in FE13 could probably work out that their world is spherical too.