Critical Build Reliability?

So like, Severa's pretty much the third best unit in the game, and one plan I had for Gregor!her was to be a Sorceror meant to critical things.

She'd have

43 Skill (+21)

Anathema (+10)

Ruin (+50)

Wrath (+20)

Armsthrift or maybe Dual Support+ (+5-10)

and of course Vantage because otherwise this build is almost useless.

So assuming she's hanging out with other kids, that'd make for a 101-111% base critical chance and mayyybee not the best hit rate. But is that any better than something I just read, Lonqu!Severa having all 5 Breaker skills? This is on Hard, and I do intend to do TSON at some point (If I find it necessary Armsthrift or one of the Breakers can be exchanged for Limit Breaker I guess)

Well, let's look at the stats first.

ATK: 54 (43 MAG, 2 from A-Rank Tomes, 9 MT from Ruin (forged +5))

Hit: 225 (129 from SKL, 22 from LCK, 5 from A-Rank Tomes, 69 from Ruin (forged +3))

Crit: 91 (21 from SKL, 20 from Wrath, 50 from Ruin)

Your (below-)average capped-stats enemy has 45 LCK, 40 SPD, and 35 RES. So their Avoid is 144 and their Crit Avoid is 45, both reduced by 10 due to Anathema.

Your attack will be 19 damage, 81 Hit, and 46 Crit. If Severa drags a husband in a nice class with her, this can improve a bit, but you'll mostly want to improve the damage because dealing 57 on a half-chance crit and practically nothing if you miss is not good.

You're going to want Limit Breaker for this. With Limit Breaker, Vantage, Wrath, and Armsthrift, you have space for one more skill to improve everything... which would probably end up being Galeforce to help get her into position.

With Limit Breaker, things look like 29 Damage, 101 Hit, 51 Crit... with a Sage husband (to give +9 MAG, +7 SKL, +3 LCK, and S-Rank Support), this goes up to 38 DMG, 138 Hit, and 65 Crit. This deals enough damage to give you a two-in-three chance to instantly kill any normal target, their own skills aside. It's even enough Hit to get past high-SPD targets, and even some units with Tome-Breaker.

...But that also means one-in-three chance to not crit, see the opponent survive, and get hit for enough (considering the <50% HP) that she would probably die.

Sol-Aversa's Night tanking is probably safer.

[EDIT: Math fixing. Also, these numbers were whipped up on the fly, so they may be minor overlooked flaws.]

Edited by Saethori

...Hm, so what Severa builds do y'all like?

My Severa is a War Cleric.

...No particular reason, actually. I just feel I needed more staff-users, she looks nice in the outfit, and she wrecks battlefields by being super-durable, and flinging around Sol-enhanced Helswaths.

While I like to min-max, I don't let it get in the way of what I personally like. ^^