save file corruption, physical copies, and dlc: Do I need to re-download dlc?

I have downloaded "The Future Past 1" on a physical copy of awakening, played it until I almost killed Nah(NPC version), until I powered off to restart, until I got the "save file corrupted" error. Will this impact my dlc? I understand digital versions, but physical? Not sure if that means a dlc re-download is in order, as well as a re-configuration of spotpass settings for the new file, but as it's a physical copy, can it snatch the dlc of my past file once I get far enough, or do I have to start from square one?

^ I've contacted Nintendo about my misfortune in case they can find it's caused by the game or system itself, and if it's the case, in case I have to send either the game or the 3DS itself for repairs... As for the dlc element, you guys at serenesforest forums can figure that part out, as I know that you've dealt with similar problems with one member, may not be the exact problem, but as it involves save data...

Can anyone answer my question?