On trying to cap stats...growths per level, or when to rage quit

Hey all!

So as you may guess from the colorful title, I am having some 'issues' with getting my people some levels. On the one hand is me wanting to max as many stats as possible for a transfer run. On the other hand, are people like Soren who refuse to gain a bloody point of strength or defense. When I get a bad level, like the dreaded level where nothing increases, I reset. I'd rather redo the level than accept something so terrible. Or say with bonus exp, I feel where it's so 'easy' to manipulate, that I should make sure those levels count with the best possible levels. This usually takes, I don't know, 20 minutes tops. Still, I am now going on my second hour of not seeing Soren gain any strength, and it's driving me crazy.

So to alleviate my craziness, I figured I'd see how crazy my fellow fire emblem player's are in regards to stats. What do you consider a 'good' level? What is a reset worthy offense?

Me, I sum stat gains up like this:

None or one? This run is done.

Only 2? This chapter's through.

Only 3? Don't bother me.

4 or more? Score!

Over five? The run survives.

You? :)

When going for transfers only go for stats that are reasonable to cap. Soren has a 5% STR growth and 15% DEF growth iirc. Even with the knight or wyvern bands he has 10% and 20% growth rates for those stats. Unless you want to go insane and spend 1000's of real life hours resetting, Just go for stats with 25% or higher growth rates.

And remember, only a handful of units can cap HP without using 1 or more robes, so dont sweat HP. And only Ike, Mist, and Rolf have mathematical chances of capping LUCK, because the cap is fricking 40 for some dumb reason. They need to gain LUCK on every single LV in order to cap and since the chance of that happening is like 1 in 100 trillion you shouldn't bother to try to cap LUCK with anyone.
Basically, just go for SKL, SPD, and STR/DEF for physical units, MAG/RES for magical units.