Ace Attorney 5

pinkbubblegum

Why is it that they make Phoenix look like his young self but they make Edgeworth look older with glasses?

I mean come on why not let Wright have some stubbles at least? He looked so cool in AJ >_>

And yessssssssssssss Trucy's back!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Edgeworth got glasses haha. And a snazzy new (and longer) coat. I do agree though with Nick not looking like he aged. At all ;;

I'll miss Hobo!Nick's design, but I'm kind of glad he's returning as the main character instead of Apollo. At least Apollo and Trucy are still there! Kind of curious if they'll retain Ema or bring back Gumshoe instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pFxIZ5RpeMA

Athena's pretty GUNG-HO! And of course, the return of a Payne.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

TRUCY! I saw it. And it appears that Athena worked with Apollo in the flashback case. Hmm.

Oh my gosh, can I gush about their models? Those facial expressions are so legitimate - look at the determined look on Athena's face. Gyah. I'm loving Juniper's design, and - wait. That seems like 3 different cases... we've got the courtroom bombing, the fair/carnival, and the mansion.

But holy shit, that prosecutor. He scares me. -_-

I really hope Athena is not the same damned sidekick girl we've gotten what, four times now? Maya was good, Ema was only around for a case, Trucy was... alright, but Kay definitely held the game down.

Yeah I'm still sulking about Hobo!nix's design being gone forever

EDIT: They better make his character sound more mature and confident, at least.

Edited by Bluedoom

Yeah I'm still sulking about Hobo!nix's design being gone forever

EDIT: They better make his character sound more mature and confident, at least.

No... listen to that Objection! voice clip in the demo. Sounds the same.

I miss Hobo!Feenie too, but that new coat of his is snazzy. It looks a lot like Edgeworth's...

Here's some interesting, if not annoying, news. Ace Attorney 5 is coming to North America and Europe, sure, but only as a 3DS eShop digital download, explained here. What exactly is Capcom's reasoning behind an eShop-exclusive release, you might be asking? Their logic is "costs of goods & services are different in NA and EU than they are in JP." Though they also say that there was a risk that they wouldn't be able to localize it at all, so they decided to just give it to us one way.

This is interesting news, if not actually surprising. Capcom already announced last month that they want to focus on a DLC-heavy marketing strategy this year, which basically means that they're going to give us shitty in-game experiences and keep their cash flow going by offering us tons and tons of downloadable content to sweeten the deal. MEANING that they expect everything to be done digitally over the next fiscal year, possibly including the releases of future games. It absolutely blows that there won't be a retail release of Ace Attorney 5, but hey, Capcom has begun digging their own grave at this point, and they clearly don't expect to stop anytime soon.

Edited by Karaszure

I supposed I've had a few days to let the announcement sink in, so I've already... accepted the fate of AA5:DD being digital only xD

As for giving a sub-par core game, I don't think that's necessarily what's going to happen. They might just make it so that DLCs have a separate team dedicated to creating them, thus having more focus with their DLC output. It's not surprising given the conversion to 3D. They'd need a much smaller team dedicated to the character animation, so they can allocate their resources to other things now, like DLC!

Information on Case 2 of AA5:

http://ameblo.jp/gsfun/entry-11531370068.html

I-It's Prosecutor Yuugami's detective...! He looks pretty GUNG-HO about his job too haha.

I guess I was kind of expecting this but still :c

Hopefully Edgeworth being present would still bolster that slim chance for Gumshoe to show up.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

They've added Edgeworth, Trucy, and the new detective Ban Kouzou to the official character page.

But HOLY CRAP. Look at this.

20130515_231600_thumb.jpg

... Feathers. There's feathers everywhere.

HMMM....

What the fuck this is the first time we're seeing two murders happening in the same room (thank goodness not different buildings like RISE FROM THE ASHES)

What the fuck this is the first time we're seeing two murders happening in the same room (thank goodness not different buildings like RISE FROM THE ASHES)

I'm a bit more concerned about those dark brown feathers. But yeah, dual murder. Dark times for the legal system indeed.

Not just Edgworth, Olwen. Megane!Edgeworth. But yeah, I'm happy too. XD

They've added Edgeworth, Trucy, and the new detective Ban Kouzou to the official character page.

But HOLY CRAP. Look at this.

20130515_231600_thumb.jpg

... Feathers. There's feathers everywhere.

HMMM....

I knew it, it was the bird all along

Not double murders as much as a set-up, in typical Ace Attorney style xD

[spoiler=Case 2 Details]

The guy on the right is this guy: http://puu.sh/2UEjr.jpg who's the case's suspect, as well as the father of this girl http://puu.sh/2UEjS.jpg which is Trucy's friend. As usual, prove him innocent!

Megane!Edgeworth.

Haha. I kind of gushed about this to my friend too xD

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Not double murders as much as a set-up, in typical Ace Attorney style xD

[spoiler=Case 2 Details]

The guy on the right is this guy: http://puu.sh/2UEjr.jpg who's the case's suspect, as well as the father of this girl http://puu.sh/2UEjS.jpg which is Trucy's friend. As usual, prove him innocent!

Haha. I kind of gushed about this to my friend too xD

Wait a second. The second case is Apollo's, isn't it? And isn't Edgeworth the prosecutor of the second case?

If so, I think I have a theory brewing...

Edited by Vashiane

If you'll excuse me, I need to be a stereotypical fangirl for a moment...

AAAAAH, APOLLO, WHY SO HAWT?! YOU LOOK LIKE VYSE FROM SKIES OF ARCADIA! YOU LOOK SO BOSS, BUT YOU STILL HAVE YOUR PERSONALITY INTACT! *flails about like crazy*

...Okay, I'm done.

Wait a second. The second case is Apollo's, isn't it? And isn't Edgeworth the prosecutor of the second case?

If so, I think I have a theory brewing...

Apollo facing Edgey in a court? Now that would be awesome.

Is there an estimated release date?