Tiki's chapter

I've never understood why people find the chapter so hard. I haven't played Lunatic mode yet, so I'm not too sure there, but I've always just made a ring around her like so:

. . O . O . .

. O . X . O .

. . O . O . .

. . . O . . .

If you use the max amount of characters, only one would be not paired up, prefereably one of the top 2, and then place Rally (Spectrum) users in the 2nd from bottom row.

I've done hard mode without a problem using this setup, as soon as possible (right after demon's ingle) and have just had all the enemies fly at people and get killed.

Probably not the best setup for speedruns or LTCs, but still a reliable one. The only flaw is all the enemies swarming on one person, and wearing them down. That's sorta what the rally is for. Has anyone done this, or have better setups?

Edited by Melonhead

Yep, that would reduce the people needed by 2 (4) and having the others just run around killing stragglers. I just found that to be a bit redundant, and takes one more turn to set up. (which really doesn't matter)

Edit: Do enemies have pass on lunatic? That would make the chapter just evil. I'm almost sure they do on Luna+, and that has it's own problems anyway.

Edited by Melonhead

there's a simple strat for this chapter, as i pointed out in the Lunatic thread. Essentially, enemies will only go for people in Tiki's axes, so you only need paired up people in those 3 specific positions. They don't even bother with 2-range unless they can kill her iirc.

-------
1oTo2
CoooC
oC3Co

The numbers are the only places that need to be protected once you get Tiki's back against the wall. Effectively you need 9 characters for this to work, but only 3-6 need to be strong. Everyone else is free to do whatever.

Edited by Polaris

Ooh, I haven't gotten to the map, but how do you get her to the wall? I mean, obviously with the Rescue staff, but I mean how do you set it up so that the Rescue lands her on that particular square?

But otherwise, I doubt I should have much issues with the map on Hard. Still would be nice to read more strategies.

Ooh, I haven't gotten to the map, but how do you get her to the wall? I mean, obviously with the Rescue staff, but I mean how do you set it up so that the Rescue lands her on that particular square?

But otherwise, I doubt I should have much issues with the map on Hard. Still would be nice to read more strategies.

Clog other potential destinations with your units.

What is the priority order of the 4 different adjacent spaces when you rescue?

iono, but if I wanted to ensure a certain unit wound up in a certain space, I'd clog other potiential destinations with other units.

I've never understood why people find the chapter so hard. I haven't played Lunatic mode yet, so I'm not too sure there, but I've always just made a ring around her like so:

. . O . O . .

. O . X . O .

. . O . O . .

. . . O . . .

If you use the max amount of characters, only one would be not paired up, prefereably one of the top 2, and then place Rally (Spectrum) users in the 2nd from bottom row.

I've done hard mode without a problem using this setup, as soon as possible (right after demon's ingle) and have just had all the enemies fly at people and get killed.

Probably not the best setup for speedruns or LTCs, but still a reliable one. The only flaw is all the enemies swarming on one person, and wearing them down. That's sorta what the rally is for. Has anyone done this, or have better setups?

You actually just touched on how I beat the map-- only difference was that I left all the units unpaired so that they would get higher bonuses for having more units surround them. I had MU stand up at the top of the map just above Tiki and spam rallies the whole time.

EDIT: rescue priority goes Bottom, Right, Left, Top.

Edited by Raine

rescue priority goes Bottom, Right, Left, Top.

Perhaps bottom is first and top is last because most (iirc) maps start you on the bottom, moving towards the top - making rescue slightly less effective in traveling north.

In my experience, enemies will only try to attack units within a certain distance of Tiki. In the OP's diagram, you can move the top two characters out two spaces to make a V formation and they should get completely ignored while still blocking that path.

That or I had the most absurd luck, because I put some pretty weak characters there and they got totally ignored.

Perhaps bottom is first and top is last because most (iirc) maps start you on the bottom, moving towards the top - making rescue slightly less effective in traveling north.

This is true, most maps start you on the bottom-- but I think it has more to do with transporting the unit as far away from the enemy as possible-- I'd like it better if I could actually choose which square to end the rescue in...

Edit: Do enemies have pass on lunatic? That would make the chapter just evil. I'm almost sure they do on Luna+, and that has it's own problems anyway.

Not on regular Lunatic they don't.

...I'm gonna hate that on Lunatic+ when I get there.

...I'm just gonna grind or skip it. Because I don't really see how I'm gonna do that (since I'm probably at the lower end of the food chain in the Lunatic Club).

Does no one else just beat it on the 2nd turn?

Do tell because it would be much more helpful than being all :smug: about it I couldn't figure out how do to that.

Do tell because it would be much more helpful than being all :smug: about it I couldn't figure out how do to that.

Sure. And that's Lunatic without Galeforce, so Hard mode should be easier. You have enough unit slots to kill a per unit with some left over, but you won't be able to have everyone Paired Up. Still, with smart positioning it's easy to have supported units next to each other to get Dual Attacks for kills.

You do need Rescue or Olivia so that you can get the boss kill on the first turn, preferably with someone who has enough move to come back and get another kill on turn 2.

Ironically, this doesn't work on Normal mode due to when enemies spawn (end of turn 1 enemy phase instead of start of turn 2 enemy phase).

Yep, that would reduce the people needed by 2 (4) and having the others just run around killing stragglers. I just found that to be a bit redundant, and takes one more turn to set up. (which really doesn't matter)

The enemy flies, so they can pass without the skill pass.

I never have trouble in this chapter either, get a couple of galeforce user each side with a high support and killer weapons.

I have 3 characters Sniper class with longbow and a Resuce staff user, thought I never use it.

Don't worry if the enemy reach is on Tiki, but just be careful and use the galeforce chain to clear as many enemies as possible.

By the time I play this chapter, I can already kill at least 1 unit per character per turn.

Sure. And that's Lunatic without Galeforce, so Hard mode should be easier. You have enough unit slots to kill a per unit with some left over, but you won't be able to have everyone Paired Up. Still, with smart positioning it's easy to have supported units next to each other to get Dual Attacks for kills.

You do need Rescue or Olivia so that you can get the boss kill on the first turn, preferably with someone who has enough move to come back and get another kill on turn 2.

Ironically, this doesn't work on Normal mode due to when enemies spawn (end of turn 1 enemy phase instead of start of turn 2 enemy phase).

wait this doesn't make sense, won't they move on turn 2 enemy phase in that case

The enemy flies, so they can pass without the skill pass.

What? Just because an enemy flies doesn't mean it can pass through your units, that's bull. This ain't Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

wait this doesn't make sense, won't they move on turn 2 enemy phase in that case

They do. How does it not make sense? They spawn that way so that they'll move at the same time no matter what difficulty you're playing on. It's just that in Normal you can see and kill them first.

They do. How does it not make sense? They spawn that way so that they'll move at the same time no matter what difficulty you're playing on. It's just that in Normal you can see and kill them first.

that means you can kill them on normal mode too though

That means you have two turns of enemies to kill on turn 2 instead of one. And iirc, there are more enemies in that second wave than the first.

normal mode: enemies spawn at beginning of turn 2, you can either go out and kill them or wait for them to suicide on you enemy phase

hard/lunatic: enemies spawn at beginning of turn 2 enemy phase and suicide on you

i'm not seeing the part where normal mode is somehow harder, it should be easier to 2-turn