The meaning of Brawl?

mmKALLL

MKall is still here? You haven't shown your face since I last time I beat you.

Why are people so obsessed with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf? Other than the funny noise they make, nothing is fun about them...

To each brawler his own I suppose.

Well, I am here, but I don't post much due to the fact that I am not one bit interested in whatever speculation there is about SSB4. Most serious smash talk is at swf anyway. I usually lurk at the rom hacking and FE11/12 boards.

Anyway, using Ganondorf and CF is kind of like a fad in Finland. I suppose it's comparable to the "low-tier pride" some players have, except that nobody plays them in serious tournaments. We have item tournaments as a side-event sometimes, and that often leads to ganondorf dittos and the like.

Edited by mmKALLL

MKall is still here? You haven't shown your face since I last time I beat you.

Why are people so obsessed with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf? Other than the funny noise they make, nothing is fun about them...

To each brawler his own I suppose.

This is purely speculation, but I think its a weird list of events.

I think it started with Melee. Captain Falcon gained popularity with some smashers. It is relatively satisfying to land the reads with Captain Falcon in melee and to end it all with a the Fair. From this, you see the internet popping up with memes and general bandwagon stuff regarding captain falcon. After this, brawl came by and it sort of continued. However this time, you have the horrible ganondorf that gets stapled as "amazing" in a very silly and bad way. After that it just become "fun" to joke around with this awful character.

I've found Ganondorf is actually pretty easy to pick up for relatively little investment in melee if you can lag cancel worth even half a shit. Not that that means he's easy to win with on a consistent basis in tournament, but I'd say it's simpler to wreck a lesser-skilled and/or easy-to-read player with him than with falcon. Newbie killer, basically.

e: In melee, that is. In brawl: ={

Edited by Rehab