Xbox One.

Knight

I'm now convinced the naming department at Microsoft are in a coma. It's been announced, and it looks like a VCR player. I haven't read much in the details yet, but I'm sure this is a good topic for discussion.

I'm not sure if this is true, but apparently it can't play used games, which means somebody really fucked up.

I'm not sure if this is true, but apparently it can't play used games, which means somebody really fucked up.

This is what I heard as well. I'm not all that positive on the validity, but if it's true. Someone done goofed

To be fair, "giving the capability to developers to be always-online" is at least a step back from the precipice of Fuck Canyon, aka "always-online in every game on the console"

Edited by Rehab

I actually thought the reveal itself was forgiveable at least. But then all the stuff about used game fees and other crap started coming in...

is my reaction to this whole mess.

Here's some stuff from Destructoid on the Xbox One. Those comments.....are not happy at all.

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-reveal-what-are-your-thoughts--254115.phtml

It seems the Xbox One can't play Xbox, 360, or XBLA games. You will need to install a game in order to play it, and it will be locked to your Xbox Live account. For another person to play it they must pay a "used game fee" to install it. This fee, upon the game's release, could be as high as the full retail price. Developer's have the tools necessary to make any game have "always online" DRM. Kinect is required to use the system at all.

I'm not sure if all that info is entirely accurate, but if it is then Microsoft will face their greatest marketing challenge ever, because no gamer is gonna want to buy that.

Goodbye Xbox, we'll honour you like the DreamCast. (Actually more like the Atari Jaguar, but don't tell him that.)

Here's some stuff from Destructoid on the Xbox One. Those comments.....are not happy at all.

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-reveal-what-are-your-thoughts--254115.phtml

It seems the Xbox One can't play Xbox, 360, or XBLA games. You will need to install a game in order to play it, and it will be locked to your Xbox Live account. For another person to play it they must pay a "used game fee" to install it. This fee, upon the game's release, could be as high as the full retail price. Developer's have the tools necessary to make any game have "always online" DRM. Kinect is required to use the system at all.

I'm not sure if all that info is entirely accurate, but if it is then Microsoft will face their greatest marketing challenge ever, because no gamer is gonna want to buy that.

The game is full retail price. However, you can log into the a different console and play the game under your account without having to pay that fee

Also it's not always online, however it needs to be online at least once in a 24 hour period in order for it to work so if for some reason you don't, you're screwed

Both options are still really, really stupid and idk what Microsoft was thinking when they did this

Also it's not always online, however it needs to be online at least once in a 24 hour period in order for it to work so if for some reason you don't, you're screwed

This can't possibly be true. Microsoft can't possibly be shortsightened enough to not see the ramifications this could have.

It's really called the Xbox One, Microsoft. That's... rather unimaginative of you...

Considering how much I love the Xbox and the Xbox 360, seeing that this is their next console is disappointing.

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot with having to pay a fee to play used games. This will drive off the people who want to get some consoles for gaming tournaments because people will keep an eye on which game belongs to each console unless they want to pay a fee. Sorry if my English is bad.

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot with having to pay a fee to play used games. This will drive off the people who want to get some consoles for gaming tournaments because people will keep an eye on which game belongs to each console unless they want to pay a fee. Sorry if my English is bad.

trust me, I'm an expert (right)?

#neogafjokes