The Best Way to Get a StreetPass Kill

For my next playthrough, I want to make my StreetPass team. I made this topic to discuss what the most effective way to make your StreetPass team get a kill is. This is so that if someone is playing Classic, they will have to reset to beat you without losing a character. The goal is to force them to have to battle you multiple times before defeating your team. The team will have maximum stats and will assume that the person battling it also has maxed out characters.

So, what do you think is the best strategy? Counter-Miracle suicide? Lethality? High Crit? Mire spam? Double Bow trolling?

Definitely have Counter, Miracle and Lethality if you can, for the luck factor.

High critical and Mire probably aren't useful since the player has high Luck and Avoid (especially when paired up).

A really strong archer with counter can easily destroy some people

Capped paired units can kill an archer at 2-range no problem.

Definitely have Counter, Miracle and Lethality if you can, for the luck factor.

High critical and Mire probably aren't useful since the player has high Luck and Avoid (especially when paired up).

After Counter, Miracle, Lethality, and Limit Breaker, what other skills should I try to give children? 9 children and an avatar can't all have those 4 skills.

There is no way to guarantee a kill, and your team is automatically at a huge disadvantage. The best skills to use as filler are anything that will annoy someone (Avoid skills and Breakers, basically) or that will give you a chance, however slim, of getting off that crit or Lethality proc (so stuff like Anathema). Things that could potentially help you survive (Aegis/Pavise, Sol, etc.) are fine, just understand that by "survive" it basically means the first Enemy Phase and only the first Enemy Phase. Pavise or Miracle is basically "give me one more chance to roll the dice." And against the overwhelming offense a player's team could probably put out, it's not even likely to save your guys.

Still, the point of Streetpass is to get lucky and force a reset, so pick the skills with the best risk/reward.

Oh and put Vantage on anybody who can have it. Vantage/Vengeance/Wrath is pretty lame in most contexts but again, gamble and annoy and hope for that glorious moment when the stars align and you end up with a perfect storm. Note that Libra!Owain could do Vantage/Vengeance/Wrath/Miracle. This gives the best potential for that lucky chance of a 1 HP Vengeance Wrath, and on the off chance it doesn't kill the attacker at least it makes Owain really annoying to attack. There's ways around it that a well-prepared Streetpass team will have though (Longbow Sniper), but as I said, you can't possibly hope to create a team that actually wins fairly.

This is my current skill priority for children:

Limit Break > Miracle > Counter > Lethality > Vantage > Sol > Vengeance > Aegis > Pavise > Aether > Wrath > Lucky 7

It shouldn't need to be further than that. What are your thoughts on the list?

Edited by BlueFire

This is my current skill priority for children:

Limit Break > Miracle > Counter > Lethality > Vantage > Sol > Vengeance > Aegis > Pavise > Aether > Wrath > Lucky 7

It shouldn't need to be further than that. What are your thoughts on the list?

The list does include most of the good skills, but some arguments can still be made, e.g. Aether over Pavise or Sol over Vantage. Maybe include Luna at the end because Chrom!Inigo, Stahl!Nah, etc.

Good skills are Miracle, Counter, Lethality, and Vengeance. Since Dual Strike bypasses Aegis, Pavise, Miracle, and Counter, it's unlikely that your units will live long enough to activate Vantage or Renewal. What you want to aim for is simply getting a lucky kill on your Enemy Phase, since the Player Phase will belong to the enemy. If you do use Vantage, be sure it's on a magical unit for 1-2 range. Your weapons must be Braves, as well, to increase your odds of activating Lethality. Since Vengeance is your main source of damage output, a high hit weapon, like Celica's Gale, is perfect.

EDIT: I've StreetPassed countless teams. Virtually all are easy to beat. Only those like mine take more than one attempt to defeat. The AI that controls your team is woefully inadequate.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

Good skills are Miracle, Counter, Lethality, and Vengeance. Since Dual Strike bypasses Aegis, Pavise, Miracle, and Counter, it's unlikely that your units will live long enough to activate Vantage or Renewal. What you want to aim for is simply getting a lucky kill on your Enemy Phase, since the Player Phase will belong to the enemy. If you do use Vantage, be sure it's on a magical unit for 1-2 range. Your weapons must be Braves, as well, to increase your odds of activating Lethality. Since Vengeance is your main source of damage output, a high hit weapon, like Celica's Gale, is perfect.

EDIT: I've StreetPassed countless teams. Virtually all are easy to beat. Only those like mine take more than one attempt to defeat. The AI that controls your team is woefully inadequate.

I have only encountered a handful of teams and only one was a challenge for me. What skill priority would you recommend?

The best thing I can say is to put out as much damage as you can with units that can hit 1-2 squares. Stuff like Tomes, Spears, and Tomahawks are great for this. Skills like Sol or vantage or miracle are amazing and forging your weapons to up damage and hit are essential. The only way to go is to max your units with Limit Breaker and hope that your first round of attacks kills at least one unit. Honestly, there's not really a 'skill priority' you can use to make your choice-- just know what you want your unit to do and build to maximize potential. For example... My Streetpass Team looks like:

Grandmaster MU +skill -luck [superior Jolt, Brave Blade]

Aegis, Aggressor, Ignis, Sol, LB

Great Lord Chrom [Gradivus]

Aether, Aggressor, Limit Breaker, Luna, Rightful King

Sorceress Donnel!Noire [Mire, Aversa's Night]

Anathema, Hit +20, Limit Breaker, Sol, Underdog

Sorceress Kellam!Severa [Mire, Aversa's Night]

Limit Breaker, Luna, Sol, Tomebreaker, Tomefaire

Manakete MU!Nah [Dragonstone +]

Ignis, Lethality, Limit Breaker, Sol, Wyrmbane

Manakete Nowi!Morgan [Dragonstone +]

Ignis, Lethality, Limit Breaker, Sol, Wyrmbane

Great Lord Olivia!Lucina [brave Blade, Spear]

Aether, Lethality, Limit Breaker, Luna, Rightful King

Assassin Chrom!Inigo [innis' Bow, Erika's Blade]

Aggressor, Lethality, Limit Breaker, Luna, Rightful King

Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia [Thoron]

Limit Breaker, Luna, Pavise, Tomebreaker, Tomefaire

General Stahl!Kjelle [Helswath]

Aegis, Lethality, Limit Breaker, Luna, Pavise

The whole strategy is that on the first Enemy Phase, the two mire Sorceresses focus on the same unit. Since they attack the person with the least amount of RES first, their combined attack should potentially take someone out on the very first turn-- either that or take one unit out of actually participating in combat which may be key to winning. I've got two Manakete powerhouses that take very little damage and can potentially sol. Even if they don't Sol, I'm fine if either of the others proc-- Ignis means their 80 or so attack turns into a 100 or so attack. Dark Flier Cynthia has 81 magic and with Luna is able to do some major damage. Chrom and MU are just awesome units and Kjelle's just a tanky tank. Mostly just have stuff that can take a hit and dish out a high amount of damage... not to mention Severa and Noire can just start Nosfutanking if worse comes to worse.

According to the following page, weapons like Gradivus and Helswath are subject to the "DLC content on StreetPass bug," meaning that you'd have to use the B-level 1-2 range weapons with 8 and 10 Mt for 1-2 range lances and axes, losing you 11 and 8 Mt, respectively (also, Gradivus has 15 more Hit than Spear). Even though the B-level weapons are forge-able, even though I'd be forging +5 Hit. Swords are stuck on 1-range through StreetPass.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/location_lance.html

Edit: I was mistaken. The Starred Items Are Legendary and CANNOT BE SOLD by a Streetpass team, which is great news!

Edited by BlueFire

Man, if we ever get access to hacking the game, I'm gonna be like one of the first to put Lunatic+ skills on my MU.

And just RECORD my friends squirming at that Hawkeye, Vantage+, Aether, Rightful God, and Dragonskin.

...obviously this'll just be for fun. xD

Edited by shadowofchaos

I have one unit that's a Mire turret with all Breaker skills sans Bowbreaker (Replaced with Vantage) e u e;

I'd assume it to be pretty useful in whittling down hp of units for the other main units to kill, as long as it stays in the back of a really big map.

According to the following page, weapons like Gradivus and Helswath are subject to the "DLC content on StreetPass bug," meaning that you'd have to use the B-level 1-2 range weapons with 8 and 10 Mt for 1-2 range lances and axes, losing you 11 and 8 Mt, respectively (also, Gradivus has 15 more Hit than Spear). Even though the B-level weapons are forge-able, even though I'd be forging +5 Hit. Swords are stuck on 1-range through StreetPass.

Oh. I was unaware that the Regalia weapons caused a bug? What happens when they're included exactly?

You could opt of a Levin Sword (Lewyn? xD) if you'd like? It'd be damage based on Mag though, but having a weapon that allows the AI to bypass Counter's pretty useful.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Oh. I was unaware that the Regalia weapons caused a bug? What happens when they're included exactly?

You could opt of a Levin Sword (Lewyn? xD) if you'd like? It'd be damage based on Mag though, but having a weapon that allows the AI to bypass Counter's pretty useful.

I assume either the item or the whole team won't appear (like with a DLC character). I was only referring to the Str options, but yes, I think the Mag options have more Mt than the B 1-2 range weapons.

Could someone test what happens when you StreetPass a team with a DLC weapon on it?

I have one unit that's a Mire turret with all Breaker skills sans Bowbreaker (Replaced with Vantage) e u e;

I'd assume it to be pretty useful in whittling down hp of units for the other main units to kill, as long as it stays in the back of a really big map.

That's what I thought as well, with two of them, it'd even be possible for them to take out a unit if they both focused on one with low RES. Though, I couldn't justify giving them mire without giving them the ability to switch to close combat as well just in case the computer decided to be stupid... which I don't doubt is often.

Hmm... that's problematic. I guess I'll just forge a few weapons and try to get the same stats =___=''

I'll go for annoyance like Priam with all the breaker skills. Then any of the combination of Miracle, Rightful King, Counter, Pass, Lethality, Vengeance, Luna.

Breaker weapon too, since more often than not, they never check the weapons. Double bow not so much unless you have counter.

Walhart with all the defensive skills are troll enough too, maybe only 1-h by lethality.

Counter, Lethality, Miracle, etc. Especially on Nah. Try to get all of them on her. She's such an annoying wall and she's fairly difficult to kill in one turn with such high defense. At least in my experience in dealing with StreetPass teams.

I think like 9 people on my StreetPass team have either Counter or Lethality and 6 of them have both. All of them have forged weapons that spoil the plot and I have Gangrel on it too. I could go further and make more of my units Sorcerers with Aversa's Night but most of my classes are preference-based. Lucina is a Swordmaster, Male MU is a Trickster, Cynthia is a Falcon Knight, Gangrel is also a Trickster, etc.

I assume either the item or the whole team won't appear (like with a DLC character). I was only referring to the Str options, but yes, I think the Mag options have more Mt than the B 1-2 range weapons.

Could someone test what happens when you StreetPass a team with a DLC weapon on it?

They work just fine. I could SS a team with a Mjolnir and a Gradivus, and a Tyrfing.

The Starred Items Are Legendary and CANNOT BE SOLD by a Streetpass.

They work just fine. I could SS a team with a Mjolnir and a Gradivus, and a Tyrfing.

The Starred Items Are Legendary and CANNOT BE SOLD by a Streetpass.

That's great to hear! I assumed that the glitch affected them like characters and had issues receiving DLC data over StreetPass. I don't have anyone I see often enough to test out StreetPass bugs.

I can see some people haven't heard of the StreetPass bug, but apparently almost all North American copies can't receiver StreetPass teams that have the 6 SpotPass paralogue chapters (like Priam), the xenologue characters, or the summonable Bonus Box teams.

So, wouldn't a team with ~4 Mire snipers with breaker skills be more effective at killing the unit with the lowest Res? Of course, they can't kill everyone, so if the player decides to bring units with high Res and Tomebreaker, then I propose this skill priority for Lethality:

Lethality > Limit Breaker > Rightful King > Vantage > Miracle > Sol > Counter > Lucky 7 > Pass > Quickburn > Hit+20

Edited by BlueFire

I can see some people haven't heard of the StreetPass bug, but apparently almost all North American copies can't receiver StreetPass teams that have the 6 SpotPass paralogue chapters (like Priam)

So, wouldn't a team with ~4 Mire snipers with breaker skills be more effective at killing the unit with the lowest Res?

Hmm. I'm not so sure if that's really the case though. My friend has Gangrel on her team, and I never fail to see him when we StreetPass.

4 Mire snipers with all Breakers might be great, but in the end, who can afford to be taught that and keep the Sorcerer class? It's requires a bit of pairing planning to get that combination outside of Avatar and Morgan o:

I'm actually not sure who else can do that to be honest... I only chose to use my Avatar for that purpose because in all honesty, her stats are quite shot. She'd be sure to be one-shotted haha (Especially since she has no access to Counter, which helps from a defensive standpoint)

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Hmm. I'm not so sure if that's really the case though. My friend has Gangrel on her team, and I never fail to see him when we StreetPass.

4 Mire snipers with all Breakers might be great, but in the end, who can afford to be taught that and keep the Sorcerer class? It's requires a bit of pairing planning to get that combination outside of Avatar and Morgan o:

I'm actually not sure who else can do that to be honest... I only chose to use my Avatar for that purpose because in all honesty, her stats are quite shot. She'd be sure to be one-shotted haha (Especially since she has no access to Counter, which helps from a defensive standpoint)

The bug has been mentioned many times on this forum, and it affects a lot of copies of the game supposedly, but I only build my StreetPass teams with non-DLC characters in case I do run into someone who has a glitched version.

The avatar's other kid can get the breakers, and there has to be 1 or 2 other pairings that give access to a kid with at least 3 breakers and Sorcerer. Lucky 7 and Quickburn give universal Hit, too.