The Veteran and Aptitude Thread

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better? Veteran or Galeforce?

That's not the point. The point is that a team of two or three units quite certainly has a different strength than a team of four, a team of eight, or a full team.

Unless you're saying that all players use exactly the same amount of units, your argument of "all teams will be similar in strength" doesn't make sense.

I held a certain amount of things fixed in that statement. For example, I assumed that no one would die, and that people would use a certain number of units consistently (which is generally how people play).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently doing a train everyone run, and it's really making me realise just how bad Avatar is at equal levels to everyone else. His offence and defence are both pretty bad, and his stats are fairly average for his level. That's making me wonder more than anything else, what makes him so good? It's his faster levelling, of course - more levels means higher stats, which is what he needs to not suck. If Avatar had something mediocre in place of Veteran (say +stat in whatever you chose for his asset) then he's have been a bad character statwise; with only reclass and supports as major strengths, I don't think he'd have been a top-5 or probably even top-10 character.

I'm currently doing a train everyone run, and it's really making me realise just how bad Avatar is at equal levels to everyone else. His offence and defence are both pretty bad, and his stats are fairly average for his level. That's making me wonder more than anything else, what makes him so good? It's his faster levelling, of course - more levels means higher stats, which is what he needs to not suck. If Avatar had something mediocre in place of Veteran (say +stat in whatever you chose for his asset) then he's have been a bad character statwise; with only reclass and supports as major strengths, I don't think he'd have been a top-5 or probably even top-10 character.

Unfortunately, there's no ifs here, because he does have Veteran, all those reclass options, all those supports and priority access to Ignis, meaning he can level up easily, promote and reclass easily and become a wrecking ball that can have skill sets that none of your other first gen character can EVER dream of

(unless you like DLC/SpotPass units hehehehehehehehe)

You wouldn't believe how often I come across this problem.

Unfortunately, there's no ifs here, because he does have Veteran, all those reclass options, all those supports and priority access to Ignis, meaning he can level up easily, promote and reclass easily and become a wrecking ball that can have skill sets that none of your other first gen character can EVER dream of

Ignis isn't a good skill in main-game. Especially when your attack stats are pretty bad.

You wouldn't believe how often I come across this problem.

Ignis isn't a good skill in main-game. Especially when your attack stats are pretty bad.

yeah, it's pretty good actually

what exactly would you put there, Luna isn't outdamaging it in the main game

The point is it's Veteran that makes it all viable.