I recently beat Apotheosis. This much I know:

Limit Breaker is key.

Have two maxed out snipers. This is key. Chrom makes an excellent sniper because he has Aether.

Have two units with Vantage, Vengeance

Drink as many tonics as you can before battle. I didn't know this, but you can actually consume tonics just before the battle by accessing inventory.

Forge weapons, obviously.

Have loads of rescue staffs.

Also, getting Katrina and then beating secret battles is more practical then beating secret battles right off the bat.

This was my team (maxed out unless otherwise noted):

Morgan, Sorceresses -

• Vengeance (HP: 3/85)
  • Vantage
  • Tomefaire
  • Galeforce
  • Limit Breaker, only used forged Celica's Gale

Paired with Owian, Warrior -

• Limit Breaker
  • Armshift
  • Gamble
  • Zeal
  • Astra

Severa, Sorceresses -

• Galeforce
  • Armshift
  • Vengeance (HP: 1/85)
  • Vantage
  • Limit Breaker, mainly used a forged version of the stronger version of Waste (I renamed it after I got it forged, forgot what it was called).

Paired with Inigo, Assassin -

• Galeforce
  • Armshift
  • Pass
  • Patience
  • Limit Breaker, used forged Brave Bow and forged Brave Sword

MU, Sage

• Ignis
  • Limit Breaker
  • Armshift
  • Solidarity
  • Tomefaire, mainly used forged Celica's Gale and Rescue

Paired with Aversa, Sorceresses -

• Galeforce
  • Shadowgift
  • Limit Breaker
  • Life Taker
  • Vengeance, mainly used forged Celica's Gale

Cynthia, Assassin -

• Galeforce
  • Limit Breaker
  • Lifetaker
  • Renewal
  • Movement +1, mainly used forged Brave Bow and forged Brave Sword

Paired with Batman, Hero

• Swordbreaker
  • Limit Breaker
  • Acrobat
  • Pavise
  • Sol, mainly used forged Brave Sword and Brave Axe

Noire, Sniper

• Limit Breaker
  • Hit Rate +20
  • Bowfaire
  • Astra (really helpful)
  • Skill +2, mainly used Brave Bow and Double Bow

Paired with Brady, Sage

• Dual Guard+ (Saved me on key turn that I messed up on!)
  • Galeforce
  • Magic +2
  • Tomefaire
  • Limit Breaker, mainly used forged Celica's Gale and Rescue

Chrom, the unsuspected hero, Sniper

• Dual Strike+
  • Aether
  • Rightful King
  • Bowfaire
  • Limit Breaker, mainly used Brave Bow and Double Bow

Paired with, Black Knight, War Monk and also one of my favorite FE characters of all time

• Luna
  • Limit Breaker
  • Rally Defense
  • Rally Magic
  • Defender, mainly used forged Brave Axe and Rescue

Lisa, Sage

• Limit Breaker
  • Dual Support+
  • Rally Magic
  • Galeforce
  • Tomefaire, mainly used Celica's Gale and Rescue

Paired with Donnel, Hero

• Zeal
  • Armshift
  • Limit Breaker
  • Sol
  • Rally Skill, mainly used Forged Brave Sword, Brave Axe

Others -

These are other team members that contributed, but did not kill anyone. Could not have done it without them. All are maxed out except for Kellam -

• Cordelia, Falcon Knight, primary Rescuer
  • Olivia, Dancer, for my Snipers mainly, sometimes Rallies
  • Katarina, Rally Bot
  • Micaiah, Valkyrie, Rally Bot 2, Rescuer
  • Cherche, emergency killer (if enemy had less than 10 hp), but mainly flyer for Kellam (Trickster), who was paired with her as Rescuer. I used the Deliverer skill, which I think is underrated.

That's it! That was my team. By the time I faced the archers, I had Severa and Morgan with very little HP. IMO, the toughest round was the round four, where the enemy has flying units in upper left corner with Mire (the ranged attack). I was able to figure it out, but took a lot of flying. Didn't use Luna once for the map, even though two units had it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently beat Apotheosis. This much I know:

Limit Breaker is key.

Have two maxed out snipers. This is key. Chrom makes an excellent sniper because he has Aether.

Have two units with Vantage, Vengeance

Drink as many tonics as you can before battle. I didn't know this, but you can actually consume tonics just before the battle by accessing inventory.

Forge weapons, obviously.

Have loads of rescue staffs.

Also, getting Katrina and then beating secret battles is more practical then beating secret battles right off the bat.

I didn't want to outright make you feel like a chump, but now I'm going to:

Limit Breaker is -not- necessary. It merely has the biggest impact on making the map easy. Rallies are [not] necessary either, again they just have a large impact on making the map easy. [Full Power= Rallies and Limit Breaker used]

Snipers: If you're rallying or Limit Broken, you only need Chrom. Other good candidates for Sniper: Lucina!Morgan [Aether/Luna/Ignis] and Ike [Aether/Luna/Ignis]. But yes, you want snipers. Although, if you're at Full Power, they're unnecessary.

Vantage isn't completely necessary. Vengeance is incredibly useful, as even at full power, 70 Damage hits still exist.

Yes, tonic. Don't worry about DEF or RES unless you're needing a survival threshold to be met. [i.E. 60 for Mire Fliers, 56 for Celica's Sorcs [RES] and Somewhere around 77 DEF for Ikeadin/Anna if they're allowed to attack.]

Forged Weapons aren't necessary at all at full power.

One of the myriad keys to crushing the map is indeed Rescue.

Not really. My first run was Supreme Emblem. Most of my runs are Supreme Emblem. Katarina's set is boring. Lunatic+ Skirmish is harder and more fun.

And time for chumpage:

I didn't want to outright make you feel like a chump, but now I'm going to:

Limit Breaker is -not- necessary. It merely has the biggest impact on making the map easy. Rallies are [not] necessary either, again they just have a large impact on making the map easy. [Full Power= Rallies and Limit Breaker used]

Snipers: If you're rallying or Limit Broken, you only need Chrom. Other good candidates for Sniper: Lucina!Morgan [Aether/Luna/Ignis] and Ike [Aether/Luna/Ignis]. But yes, you want snipers. Although, if you're at Full Power, they're unnecessary.

Vantage isn't completely necessary. Vengeance is incredibly useful, as even at full power, 70 Damage hits still exist.

Yes, tonic. Don't worry about DEF or RES unless you're needing a survival threshold to be met. [i.E. 60 for Mire Fliers, 56 for Celica's Sorcs [RES] and Somewhere around 77 DEF for Ikeadin/Anna if they're allowed to attack.]

Forged Weapons aren't necessary at all at full power.

One of the myriad keys to crushing the map is indeed Rescue.

Not really. My first run was Supreme Emblem. Most of my runs are Supreme Emblem. Katarina's set is boring. Lunatic+ Skirmish is harder and more fun.

And time for chumpage:

I'm fully aware that you can beat map without LB. Not sure how you made me feel like a "chump," either.

Obviously there are a variety of ways to beat the map. But Vantage and Vengeance knock out enemy soldiers when the turn limit is on the line pretty easily.

But congrats to you. Thanks for showing a video that shows how to beat secret battles without LB. I think just about everyone on this thread has most likely seen it (maybe not the crappy one you posted where the camera shakes like crazy, but a similar one), so congrats to you.

And forged weapons at max strength dish out MORE damage, so how is this not helpful?

And Snipers are key. They are probably most useful in Apotheosis then any other map. Giving other examples of good Sniper units is pretty lame, especially when you're offering Lucina. Who is pretty much like Chrom in that she has Aether. Thanks for that.

I really don't understand any of your points, it's like you're trying to prove that you're more "hardcore" because you know/beat secret battles with a different setup. Getting Supreme Emblem = getting Supreme Emblem. There's no right or wrong way to do it. Also, you agree with some of my points but still go on to call me a "chump." Nice one.

But thanks for the advice, champ, er, I mean, Chump.

Yesh.

edit* grammar

Edited by Volke29

I'm fully aware that you can beat map without LB. Not sure how you made me feel like a "chump," either.

Obviously there are a variety of ways to beat the map. But Vantage and Vengeance knock out enemy soldiers when the turn limit is on the line pretty easily.

But congrats to you. Thanks for showing a video that shows how to beat secret battles without LB. I think just about everyone on this thread has most likely seen it (maybe not the crappy one you posted where the camera shakes like crazy, but a similar one), so congrats to you.

And forged weapons at max strength dish out MORE damage, so how is this not helpful?

And Snipers are key. They are probably most useful in Apotheosis then any other map. Giving other examples of good Sniper units is pretty lame, especially when you're offering Lucina. Who is pretty much like Chrom in that she has Aether. Thanks for that.

I really don't understand any of your points, it's like you're trying to prove that you're more "hardcore" because you know/beat secret battles with a different setup. Getting Supreme Emblem = getting Supreme Emblem. There's no right or wrong way to do it. Also, you agree with some of my points but still go on to call me a "chump." Nice one.

But thanks for the advice, champ, er, I mean, Chump.

Yesh.

edit* grammar

No Limit and No Rallies (and no Aggressor either) hasn't been done by anyone else, as far as I know of.

It took you forever (judging by your finally in your topic) and you went on with a massive set up... to beat it at full power, which isn't needed.

Vantage really is somewhat unnecessary, due to low ED, especially at full power, where steamroll everything on PP is the core of the game. Vengeance requires set up (so it does make a great pulling tool), Vantage or no. Depending on how much steamroll is applied, Vengeance may not see any action, and high HP procs exceed it elsewise.

At full power, you're merely swinging overkill at everything left and right, and not much in the way of planning is necessary at all.

Forged weapons are nice, but they're even more overkill for full power [it's entirely possible to clear the map with unforged Bronze and basic Wind tomes at full power.]... sure they're pretty much entirely needed for being 20-30 ATK down, but other than that.

It took you forever (judging by your finally in your topic) and you went on with a massive set up... to beat it at full power, which isn't needed.

Getting everyone at full power for the hardest map in the game is fun, for me.

Apparently, you like to prove that you can do it with less. And that's fine, until you start calling other people "chumps." To each their own. But you post as if you're better, or more special, because you went the route you went. You're not. If you're posting here so people can cheer you on and start jocking your game then I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's entirely possible to clear the map in a variety of ways - full power, bronze weapons, no LB, etc. You're stating the obvious and doing it in an immature way. You're not getting any respect from anyone, just an FYI.

So, yea.

Sorry that it took me so long to respond on this thread, but I just beat the Normal Route (in 23 turns I think). The normal route was not as hard as I thought it would be, at least up until the fifth wave. I went to the wiki and considered some of the things said and shown here, but I ultimately just went by the wiki's strategy. Thanks for the advice, though I really should have recorded the battle to show you how I did it in case anyone else wants to beat it, but I'll try to remember to the best of my ability. Anyone interested?

Edited by BlueSunStudios

I'm new here, but I recently bought Apotheosis and I'm looking for a strategy that could work for the normal route and maybe the secret route. I have all of the characters except for any of the DLC Einherhar and I just want someone to give me an evaluation of sorts to see what strategy will work best for my units. These are my units' statistics with their currently equipped skills (all of them have Limit Breaker equipped and capped out stats):

Chrom - Great Lord: Hit Rate +20, Aegis, Aether, Rightful King

My Unit (Bleu Soleil) - Grandmaster: Asset - Skill, Flaw - Luck; Armsthrift, Renewal, Rally Spectrum, Ignis

Lissa - War Cleric: Dual Support+, Rally Heart, Renewal, Miracle

Frederick - Great Knight: Luna, Rally Defense, Aegis, Pavise

Sully - Paladin: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Aegis, Luna

Virion - Sniper: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Hit Rate +20, Lifetaker

Stahl - Paladin: Hit Rate +20, Bowbreaker, Aegis, Luna

Vaike - Warrior: Rally Strength, Sol, Axebreaker, Gamble

Miriel - Sage: Rally Magic, Rally Resistance, Lifetaker, Vengeance

Sumia - Falcon Knight: Renewal, Galeforce, Pavise, Iote's Shield

Kellam - General: Rally Defense, Luna, Pavise, Renewal

Donnel - Bow Knight: Rally Strength, Sol, Armsthrift, Counter

Lon'qu - Swordmaster: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Vantage, Astra

Ricken - Sage: Luna, Pavise, Rally Magic, Lifetaker

Maribelle - Valkyrie: Rally Heart, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+, Renewal

Panne - Taguel: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lucky Seven, Beastbane

Gaius - Assassin: Vantage, Astra, Axebreaker, Lethality

Cordelia - Falcon Knight: Armsthrift, Iote's Shield, Galeforce, Lifetaker

Gregor - Hero: Wrath, Rally Strength, Armsthrift, Sol

Nowi - Manakete: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lifetaker, Wyrmsbane

Libra - War Monk: Renewal, Rally Magic, Tomebreaker, Vengeance

Tharja - Sorcerer: Pavise, Rally Defense, Lifetaker, Vengeance

Anna - Trickster: Rally Magic, Rally Heart, Lucky Seven, Lifetaker

Olivia - Dancer: Galeforce, Astra, Rally Heart, Special Dance

Cherce - Wyvern Lord: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Iote's Shield, Renewal

Henry - Sorcerer: Wrath, Rally Strength, Lifetaker, Vengeance

Lucina - Great Lord (Olivia): Hit Rate +20, Aegis, Aether, Rightful King

Say'ri - Swordmaster: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Vantage, Astra

Tiki - Manakete: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lifetaker, Wyrmsbane

Basilio - Warrior: Sol, Luna, Pavise, Rally Strength

Flavia - Hero: Sol, Luna, Pavise, Amsthrift

Owain - Swordmaster (Frederick): Aegis, Pavise, Luna, Rally Strength

Inigo - Hero (Chrom): Sol, Luna, Armsthrift, Rightful King

Brady - War Monk (Vaike): Rally Strength, Rally Magic, Renewal, Miracle

Kjelle - General (Stahl): Rally Defense, Luna, Aegis, Pavise

Cynthia - Falcon Knight (Gaius): Galeforce, Iote's Shield, Rally Luck, Renewal

Severa - Hero (Gregor): Armsthrift, Renewal, Wrath, Vengeance

Gerome - Wyvern Lord (Virion): Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Iote's Shield, Renewal

Morgan - Grandmaster (Lucina): Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Aether, Ignis

Yarne - Taguel (Lon'qu): Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lucky Seven, Beastbane

Laurent - Sage (Ricken): Luna, Aegis, Rally Magic, Renewal

Noire - Sniper (Henry): Pavise, Renewal, Wrath, Vengeance

Nah - Manakete (Donnel): Armsthrift, Sol, Renewal, Wyrmsbane

Gangrel - Trickster: Wrath, Rally Strength, Lifetaker, Vengeance

Walhart - Conqueror: Rally Defense, Luna, Pavise, Conquest

Emmeryn - Sage: Rally Magic, Rally Resistance, Rally Heart, Renewal

Yen'fay - Swordmaster: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Vantage, Astra

Aversa - Dark Flier: Galeforce, Iote's Shield, Vengeance, Shadowgift

Priam - Hero: Sol, Luna, Rally Strength, Armsthrift

lol
Why Wrath, Lethality and Counter.
With Counter, it never will be used due to every foe there having Dragonskin.
With Wrath, it almost won't offer any crit due to their already overpowered Luck.
And Gaius having Lethality is a no-no. Lethality won't instantly kill the enemies there. As again...Dragonskin.
Edited by Dark_Huntress

No Limit and No Rallies (and no Aggressor either) hasn't been done by anyone else, as far as I know of.

While you deserve praise for such an achievement, you're rubbing it in everyone's faces *JUST A TAD BIT*.

With Wrath, it almost won't offer any crit due to their already overpowered Luck.

I could see Wrath being viable. I was landing Crits without it using Owian and a forged Killer Axe - I named it Axehand - at 42%-52% during secret battle missions. Granted, Solidarity might have been in play for some of the attacks and Owain also had Gamble and Zeal going. Still, the crits were landing and when they did, they hurt.

I agree with your other points, though. No point in Lethality or Counter. And some enemies do have insane luck (99).

And some enemies do have insane luck (99).

Even with killer weapons, crit boosting from Solidarity, and 72 skill from rallies... Olivia only had a measly 10-ish% of crit'ing against that invinci-sorc.

Could probably add 10% more via Anathema taking down their crit dodge from luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Pulling in another run:

Unpromoted Units Only, otherwise no restrictions.

This has it's own set of challenges.... sure, offensively, it's about the same as No Limit/Agg, but on the defensive side... 65 HP really... really... really... bites.

(Sadly, no camera, so no video for this. Not like it's necessary..)

Edited by Airship Canon

Seeing how you're maso enough, I'd like to see "unpromoted units, default classes only".

Considering how Limit Breaker and Rallies give you pretty much the same stats as your no Rally No Limit Breaker No Quick Slash/Aggressor run, might as well pull the final lever.

PULL THE LEVER KRONK.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Seeing how you're maso enough, I'd like to see "unpromoted units, default classes only".

Considering how Limit Breaker and Rallies give you pretty much the same stats as your no Rally No Limit Breaker No Quick Slash/Aggressor run, might as well pull the final lever.

PULL THE LEVER KRONK.

Kicked around that idea, realized it's pretty much impossible.

Getting 'zerks down is even -more- luck based than No Rally/Limit/Agg with unpromoted-- 65 HP means they can't attack ever, else someone dies. [70 DEF (66 if sword) Survival Threshold on top of 60 SPD...] so yeah... Archers, which can R3 the dastards, are absolute musts, and Virion just don't cut it... at all.