Um A little help please..

Eliroy

Okay so ive only been hacking FE 8 for a week now and i keep getting a reoccurring error i cant seem to fix.Ive changed the Trainee fighter(1),(2),(3), so they are custom animations through nightmare and i got them to work but for some reason a few chapters down the line they change back to a generic default class palette.

Lets say i have ike's animation set to a mercenary class over ross , it works from up until i get to chapter 5x where you play as ephraim,etc after that it reverts to the generic merc with blue clothes and blonde hair

I have it set to be that class in the character,class,and chapter unit but it doesn't work -_- even have the palette association editors set to be ike for that class can someone please help i've the slightest clue what to do to prevent this.

Mmmh, I don't have the slightest idea, also because I never hacked FE8 after chapter 5 since the project is paused.

I think it's due to the momentary change into Ephraim route which happens with chapter 5x but I'm not sure, you should ask to Ray or Camtech who surely know better than me what they're talking about in that case.

In my opinion however you just messed something around in the class editor.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Thank you Alfred your inforamtion was quite useful I will ask one of those two.

I also believe that might be the problem It recognizes he is the custom class until chapter 6

As of messing something up I do believe that is possible.

Thank you again though alfred (:

You're welcome!

Anyway it's not possible that it recognizes that it's "custom" only from chapter 6, because I once managed to trigger the event which promoted my Ewan-unit at the beginning of chapter 5. Also I don't know which mechanics could do something like recognizing the value of a class only after a certain period, or which could even be the utility of that... That's why I told you that it's more probable you messed something around.

If I understood well, your Ross works PERFECTLY fine till chapter 5, right?

And you:

- made him a mercenary

- assigned Ike's animation to the mercenary class

- changed Ross' palette (are you sure this worked? Palettes are kinda weird in FE8)

Could you also make a screenshot of how he is displayed correctly and how in chapter 6? This may help, thanks.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Okay I found out what I was doing wrong I changed the Trainee Fighter(1) class description,name,map sprite,support veiwer and class number to a mercenary.

when the game was reloading the data after ephraim's 5x chapter it would register Ross as a mercenary beacuse

I wasnt supposed to change the actual class number in the class editor (For the support veiw of a merc )but change the map sprite through the map sprite editor instead

i repointed the actual trainee fighter classes to have the mercenary mapsprite though the sprite editor changed the class number back and it works now (:

I give thanks to you Alfred and Mage Knight 404 For helping me It was just something i was overlooking that i messed with so you were right haha

Edited by Eliroy