Top 5 Video Game Series

Fire Emblem Fan

1. Mario RPGs (Super Mario RPG, The Paper Mario games, and the Mario & Luigi games, if you can count them all as one series): I always used to play these with my older sister (by "with" I mean one of us would be watching while the other plays, since these are obviously one-player games. Didn't quite work with the Mario & Luigi ones since they were on handhelds, but the Gamecube did have the GBA Player for Superstar Saga). Super Mario RPG was one of the first games I managed to beat without having to hand the controller over to my aforementioned sister to beat a difficult battle.

2. Fire Emblem: Obviously I'm a fan of this series, being on this site.

3. Final Fantasy: Haven't played every game in this series, but I really enjoyed IV, V, VI, XII, and even XIII. Mystic Quest was THE first RPG I ever played, and I still have quite the soft spot for it even though it's incredibly short and easy. The soundtrack is one of the best I've ever heard, and not just of the 16-bit era.

4. Legend of Zelda: Another popular series in my family. I love Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time will always have a place in my heart due to nostalgia. Couldn't really play Skyward Sword since the crampedness of my house renders the motion controls virtually unusable due to how close I have to be to the TV.

5. Super Smash Bros.: One of the only games I've ever had huge tournaments with a bunch of friends. I came in second place at a Brawl tournament in my dorm building while I was at college, but the winner was the only pro-level player there and he was leagues above everyone else.

Honorable Mentions: Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre (Only really played 64 and The Knight of Lodis, but both were excellent), Baten Kaitos (If two games counts as a series, they were great hidden gems on the Gamecube), Donkey Kong Country (probably my favorite platforming series)

Fire Emblem, Tales of, Final Fantasy, and Zelda are all easy ones for me. Normally this list wouldn't be anything special--just a bunch of classics, but Touhou is just a stellar franchise in every aspect and has been blowing my mind since I got into it.

1. Super Smash Bros.

2. Fire Emblem

3. Ace Attorney

4. Metal Gear Solid

5. Mario Kart

Honorable mentions, in no particular order:

F-Zero

Age of Empires

Rollercoaster Tycoon

Edited by Eldigan

1) Kingdom Hearts

2) Tales of

3) Shin Megami Tensei : Persona

4) Fire Emblem

5) Paper Mario

I also like Pokemon, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros a lot. I used to be a big fan of Zelda, but surprisingly enough, not so much since I have discovered J-RPG. I guess it's just a poor story and character version of a japanese game in the case of Zelda, imo.

Edited by Destiny

1. Metroid

Fire Emblem

Advance Wars(it's pain to say, but FE gameplay is better overall, even if tactical aspect is not as important as in AW)

Might&Magic before taken over by Ubi$hit

Legend of Zelda