Duel Masters, anyone?

SRC

I'm not sure, if anyone else here is into card games, but I saw there was a Pokemon TCG draft so I decided to give this a shot. :P

The game is DUEL MASTERS: SHADOW OF THE CODE.

This game has a rather unique feature of being able to create a deck before the game even begins. Its basic premise is you receive 100 credits, which may be used to purcase any 40 cards (excluding the elusive SUPER RARES) from the first 4 sets to create a deck. Commons are 1 credit, uncommons 2 credits, rares 4 credits, and very rares 8 credits. This isn't as restrictive as it first appears, it basically just prevents you from making a deck of ONLY RARES. I I thought this feature would be neat for a draft, so here goes nothing...

Rules:

1. This draft is for 3+ players.

2. Each draftee will get to pick a card in the typical 1,2,3,3,2,1 draft order. Anywhere from 1-4 copies of that card may be used.

3. Drafting will continue (within reason) until each player has created a satisfactory deck. (Hopefully no more than ~15 rounds.)

4. Undrafted cards from sets 1-4, besides super rares, are banned,

5. Undrafted cards from set 5 (Survivors) onwards and Super Rares from sets 1-4 may be freely used, but only if they are found in booster packs. (no acquiring them from special NPC challenges etc.)

6. When playing a tournament with house rules, you may use banned cards if necessary for completion.

7. Repeating tournaments and challenging NPCs to normal matches to aquire extra credits is allowed.

8. No saving in the middle of games, matches, or tournaments. Take those losses like a man! :Cord:

7. The player who completes the game with the fewest amount of matches played wins!

I realize that this all can be a bit intimidating, so FAQs and other sources for help are welcomed and even encouraged. I can even draft for others if the situation is desperate...

Cards Drafted:

SRC: Corile, Crystal Memory, Unicorn Fish, Magris, Vizier of Magnetism, Spiral Gate, Kolon, The Oracle, Senatine Jade Tree, Sarius, Vizier of Suppression, La Ura Giga, Sky Guardian, Re Bil, Seeker of Archery, Larba Geer, the Immaculate, Sieg Balicula, the Intense, Gran Gure, Space Guardian, Illusionary Merfolk, Holy Awe

Bluedoom: Crystal Lancer, Aqua Hulcus, Snake Attack, Keeper of the Sunlit Abyss, Gigastand, Amber Piercer, Sundrop Armor, Aqua Guard, King Neptas, Astral Warper, Ethel, Star Sea Elemental, Trox, General of Destruction, Toel, Vizier of Hope

JNSD: Gregorian Worm, Horrid Worm, Bloody Squito, Terror Pit, Chaos Wurm, Mongrel Man, Marrow Ooze, The Twister, Shadow Moon, Cursed Shade, Scratchclaw, Locomotiver, Critical Blade, Gray Balloon, Shadow of Greed, Photocide, Lord of the Wastes, Steel Smasher

Edited by SRC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'd be pushing our luck for more players, so I guess we'll begin!

There were 3 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. SRC
  2. Bluedoom
  3. JSND

Timestamp: 2013-06-12 05:24:48 UTC

Okay, let's get that little bugger Corile in there.

Lone Tear

Hold your horses, Bluedoom gets 2nd pick. :P

I sort meant for the draft to be only for the initial deck building screen (non-super rare set 1-4 cards), mostly for the interest of time and less confusion. We can pick from all of the cards in the game if you two really want to, though.

JSND, Bluedoom picked over chat so it's your turn now. Also, you get one additional pick since it's a snake style draft.

don't take any cards that I want though

Edited by SRC

We pretty much just keep drafting until we mutually agree that we have enough cards to get started. In the OP I guessed around 15 picks but who knows!

Oh yeah, bluedoom picked Snake Attack.

Edited by SRC