Opinions wanted on choice of 3ds

Hey all!

I am looking for some fire emblem fans to give some feedback. I am breaking down and going to be picking up a 3ds likely just to play awakening. My first thought was to get the 3ds XL, with the larger screen to see things better. Then I found out about the actual Fire Emblem 3ds (link below if you have not seen it) and I have been drooling ever since. Logically, I know the bigger screen will help me play and the bigger price tag on the fire emblem 3ds should make this choice easy... but that 3ds keeps tempting me all the same.

I'm torn with indecision, and was hoping to get some feedback from some fire emblem fans who could sympathize :)

Thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Blue-Limited-Awakening-Pre-Installed/dp/B00BB62HA8/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1370083725&sr=1-2&keywords=fire+emblem+3ds

There's literally no reason as far as I know to get a 3DS over a 3DS XL. You have to personally weigh whether you want to prioritize aesthetics over performance - and the performance edge for the XL over the 3DS is mighty.

Me, I had to make the same decision since I adore the purple 3DS regular but ended up getting a pearl pink XL. Don't regret it.

Eeh, the FE 3DS is pretty cool, but I wouldn't get it just for the novelty. I have a 3DS XL and have played on a regular 3DS, and the difference is huge, the screens really do make a difference (plus it's more comfortable to hold if you have big hands).

I don't think the FE 3DS is worth it, really. Maybe if you really care a lot about aesthetics, but I think the XL's advantages far outweigh that. Besides, you might want to pick up some other games in the future.

the moment I held an XL for the first time was the moment I knew I should have just waited for it. the 3DS base model feels kind of cramped and awkward, the XL is just so fucking perfect in my GROWN UP ADULT HANDS. and that screen size is so good. man.

I can't sympathize with anyone who'd buy a console just for one game, but this is about the 3DS and XL. It doesn't matter too much, other than the XL being bigger, different stylus placement and slighty better battery life(by thirty minutes -gasp-). Also, price is another factor too, but since you want the Fire Emblem 3DS that might be a little more expensive, Iunno. But, really, it doesn't matter which one you choose since they both play the same games. It seems like people forget that part.

Well, the XL doesn't scratch his own top screen, it has actual buttons below the touch screen and having a bigger screen makes games look so much nicer.

And the 3D actually hugely benefits from the bigger screen.

It definitely made me regret having bought the normal 3DS. I wouldn't buy one just because it's some sort of special edition.

Got the FE 3DS XL. Hooray for Europe getting something special! Might've used up any spare money I had though.

Honestly though, the XL is vastly better.

Europe gets a fire emblem 3ds xl!? Those lucky...! Gah, why can't that be in north america? Stupid region locking. Sigh. I will likely get the XL as I do have big hands and trouble with eyesight. I know it's the better decision logically, but man, the fire emblem ds just looks so freaking awesome.